Skip to content

Console not executing commands

Bclown90Bclown90 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2020 in Troubleshooting
I'm having some issues with the console executing commands in BG2EE on Android. I have properly edited the LUA to allow debugging mode, but when I attempt to enter a command, it shows up with [string " followed by the command. All keys work (CTRL + J moves party to cursor location), but no commands do. See attached image.
Haven't seen this issue anywhere else in the forums, anyone have a solution?

i2x14en3wwbs.jpg

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe for some weird reason you actually have to fully type out the;
    CLUAConsole:

instead of just;

C:

?

and are you using the correct semi-colon?

if not you need to use ( 1 dot on top of the other )
    :
    not ( dot on top, comma on bottom )
    ;

in case you were doing that
  • Bclown90Bclown90 Member Posts: 4
    Yep, have tried typing out the full CLUAConsole: and it actually recognizes it and converts it to C: in the dialogue box, but still inserts the [string " as a prefix. And yes, have verified that I am using the : (colon) vs ; (semi-colon).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hmm, Mouse and Keyboard are not officially supported on Android for our games.
    Understood, but the functionality should remain the same right? I'm wondering if it is interpreting the enter command in a weird way? Or is anyone aware of a command in the console that does generate the [string prefix?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited November 2020
    Bclown90 wrote: »
    Understood, but the functionality should remain the same right? I'm wondering if it is interpreting the enter command in a weird way? Or is anyone aware of a command in the console that does generate the [string prefix?
    It's caused by any invalid command, but it's not displaying the rest of the feedback (all the debug info).
    If I misspell AddGold as AdDGold I get these on PC:
    [string "C:AdDGold(1000)"]:1: attempt to call method 'AdDGold' (a nil value)
    [string "C.AdDGold(C,1000)"]:1: attempt to call field 'AdDGold' (a nil value)

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so perhaps the cheat console isn't fully supported on a tablet then?
    Fixed! Not sure what was going on with the string not displaying the full information, but after restarting the app, it now functions correctly and displays the remainder of the error (i.e. attempt to call method...) Thanks to kjeron for alerting me to the fact that the test command I was using - C:AddGold(xxx) - does not use quotation marks... :/ definitely user error.

Once restarted and correct commands were used, console functioned perfectly on Android.