Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    There's an app for that!
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    @jackjack ...r u seriul? FOR REALSIES?!

I'd totally play witchu guys!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2015
    Well, there is a rping section here. Just sayin'. ;)
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    I can't see it as being a good idea to not have a DM to reign me in. :smile:
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Redcloak was right!
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    I think of Galad from The Wheel of Time when I think of Paladins - people with an extremely rigid moral and legal code. They view the world in black and white, good and evil, and are very ordered. They believe in the mutual reinforcement of law and good.

In that sense, even if Weenog is evil, the laws of Kuldahar would likely prohibit slaying him without cause. First, he has not been accused of anything other than being evil, which is not a crime. Second, he may be Orrick's property, in which case the Paladin would be guilty of destruction of property (ignoring the fact that it would actually be murder).

Now if Weenog actually committed a crime, it would be a different story. But as he has not been proven to have committed a crime, a lawful good Paladin would be breaking the law by attacking him.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Never considered it.
  • WeenogWeenog Member Posts: 5
    Absolutely not.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It never even occurred to me to hurt the little guy. He doesn't have a red circle. But there are RP justifications for any character who wants to kill him.

Lawful Good Paladin: What's that, Tyr? You want me to kill something? Okay!

Neutral Good Cleric: *Sigh.* I better put this guy down before he hurts somebody.

Chaotic Good Ranger: Orrick has a filthy goblin in his home? Let's clean it up!

Lawful Neutral Fighter: Stop right there, criminal scum!

True Neutral Druid: So that's 56 humans and 57 goblins... Better balance it out.

Chaotic Neutral Sorcerer: *Flips a coin* Hey, Weenog! Wanna learn some magic?

Lawful Evil Assassin: (Okay, take the goblin's head, hand it to Dave, and spend the reward on hookers and beer)

Neutral Evil Thief: I wonder if that goblin has any gold on him...

Chaotic Evil Barbarian: You look easy to kill. Let's find out!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Aaezil said:

If you have "roleplayed" a rationalization for killing the poor guy, I hope you all "roleplayed" the mage being ticked off and not talking to you anymore for killing his goblin

Why do you quote role play? Doing something you don't like doesn't invalidate the rp.

If I decide that my goblinoid hating dwarven berserker kills goblins first and then never asks questions, why isn't that role playing?
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    edited November 2015
    I wouldn't kill him. He's a part of the Kuldahar community and appears to be trying to integrate peacefully. I don't have a reason to suspect he's anything other than what he appears to be. Besides, I doubt Orrick would allow Weenog to be around him if he thought the goblin was anything sinister. Weenog's either a peaceful inhabitant of the town or is the pawn of a power so great and dark that even Orrick can't detect its influence. I also have no proof of any wrong doing, so I wouldn't kill him and risk the ire of the other townsfolk. Even though no one actually cares I wouldn't risk it because I'd be metagaming.

Edit: Just checked the poll. I honestly thought more people would kill the dirty creature.
  • marcellusmarcellus Member Posts: 22
    IWD:EE feels like a Hackmaster module. Just kill him and loot the scroll.
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    My character believes that evil is merely a state of mind and that anyone is capable of good and evil.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I always spare Weenog. As a diehard Mage player myself, I can respect and admire a fellow practitioner dedicated to the arcane arts. (And fortunately for him, I already know Magic Missile anyway. ;) )