Skip to content

[MOD] Balduran's Seatower - Early Access Open Beta!

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The mod updates to vEAOB.2! Two of the areas slipped for the dynamic PVRZ naming corrections (needed because of the unfortunate naming scheme of area graphics in the EE) so one of the mod area graphics magled the interior area of the Blushing Mermaid in EET and the other a cave in SoD for SoD+EET!

Also, this version now has an .ini file with metadata so Project Infinity will be able to handle it!

Changelog vEAOB.2:

- (EE) areas of BST should not mangle original game areas because of PVZR naming scheme
    - added bst.ini to tupport ALIEN's Project Infinity
    - added more general mod/version descriptions to the readme.
    AaemforeverLudwig_IIAedan
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    jastey wrote: »
    magled the interior area of the Blushing Mermaid in EET and the other a cave in SoD for SoD+EET!
    Just to clarify - if I'm not using EET and I already started a new game, can I continue without problems or is the 2nd issue going to happen also for a game with SoD without EET? :)
    The SoD area issue was also for pure SoD, yes.
    If you install the new version before visiting this area the graphics should be fine, though.
    LavaDelVortelStummvonBordwehr
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Congrats, thanks for the hard work. A good reason for another playthrough in the near future.
    jastey
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I binged it all in one afternoon, and I'm loving it. Looking foreward to the full edition whenever I feel the itch for one more BG saga run next year.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Finished my recent run including Baldurans Seatower. I understand the content is not finished, but it still was awesome. The mod blends in perfectly with the existing content, and doesn't feel like a half-finished version at all. Thank you Jastey and everyone who worked on this great mod.
    StummvonBordwehrjasteyIsewein
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What's the face stuff do for this mod?
    Endarire wrote: »
    What's the face stuff do for this mod?

Nothing any more. I can't just pull it out without more thorough testing, though.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I used this mod in my most recent play through of BGEE (February). It was excellent! I loved how well it was integrated into the rest of the city/setting. Thanks!
    jasteymegamike15StummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    I almost did all the stuff in EAB4, minus opening the door with the pentagram in the cave.

What can I do with he the mimic blood please ?
    Trouveur wrote: »
    @Trouveur You should be able to sell it to the Tower Mage. In an EET game, you can use it for the Cowled Wizard' quest in Imnesvale (I think it was) in BGII.
    @Trouveur You should be able to sell it to the Tower Mage. In an EET game, you can use it for the Cowled Wizard' quest in Imnesvale (I think it was) in BGII.
    Thank you, I was wondering if there was another use beside selling it.

I think I found a bug : I can sell it to the Tower Mage, and then ask to buy it back, but then instead of paying 300 GP and having back the blood in my inventory, the Mage gives me 300 GP and not the item, and this dialogue option is avaiable again, meaning it's an infinite GP exploit.

Also, I was wondering if it was planned to add some references to the BST plot in some scenes of Chapter 7, like
    having more Flaming Fist soldiers at the coronation since we discovered the tailor's plot to replace nobles with doppelgangers and the Commander said he will inform the Dukes
    ?

Really a great mod, blending with the original content so well !

StummvonBordwehrIsewein
    @Trouveur thanks for the kind words and the report.
    I was wondering if it was planned to add some references to the BST plot in some scenes of Chapter 7, like
    Interesting idea, thanks!
    Trouveur
    I forgot to report a bug in the Fire elemental quest :
    the cook said she will open the door, but it is still locked after that dialogue. Lockpicking didn't work, but I could open it with a Knock spell.

And about the Golden Discs in the underground cavern, are they supposed to disappear after some times on the ground like ordinary items ? I waited before wanting to open the door, and went I came back the discs were no longer there.
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 151
    And about the Golden Discs in the underground cavern, are they supposed to disappear after some times on the ground like ordinary items ? I waited before wanting to open the door, and went I came back the discs were no longer there.

That's my fault - sorry about that. While I could argue that Gorpel Hind and his Band of Merry Fools was faster at looting the place, I unfortunately did not set an EE-specific flag when I created the area. ;)

You can still proceed without the discs by entering the following console command:
    C:SetGlobal("BS#GlabrezuSummon","BS0114",6)

StummvonBordwehrTrouveurIsewein
    edited April 2021
    But it was Gorpel Hind! I saw them!!

@Trouveur Are you Ser Thomas at G3? Because he reported the same issue with the kitchen door.
    EDIT: I added opening of the door and checked the unlocking+opening of the door to the storeroom in BG:EE 2.5x, SoD current 2.6x, BGT, and EET 2.5x.
    Update with changes is being prepared.
    Post edited by jastey on
    Trouveur
    Acifer wrote: »

That's my fault - sorry about that. While I could argue that Gorpel Hind and his Band of Merry Fools was faster at looting the place, I unfortunately did not set an EE-specific flag when I created the area. ;)

You can still proceed without the discs by entering the following console command:
    C:SetGlobal("BS#GlabrezuSummon","BS0114",6)
    Thank you, I will try it. :-)
    But it was Gorpel Hind! I saw them!!

@Trouveur Are you Ser Thomas at G3? Because he reported the same issue with the kitchen door.
    EDIT: I added opening of the door and checked the unlocking+opening of the door to the storeroom in BG:EE 2.5x, SoD current 2.6x, BGT, and EET 2.5x.
    Update with changes is being prepared.
    No, I always use the same name.

And I still need to take the time to also create an account on G3...

And two other ones :
    The journal entry for the "Ingredients for the Tower Mage" doesn't update to Done Quests even after bringing him the four ingredients he asked for.

If you have two liquor bottles when talking to the tanner, he takes the two, but you only get XP from one.
    jastey
    @Trouveur those are good catches both, will be fixed in the next update!
    I hope opening the door via script will stop the glitches. The door always unlocks for me.
    TrouveurStummvonBordwehr
    I also have a suggestion, for the Glabrezu reward :
    It's a longsword +3, but there is already many good longswords in early BG1 and SoD. On the other hand, good axe are not so frequent (beside the +2 from Helm & Cloak Inn and the throwing +2 one from Candlekeep). What about changing it to an axe +3 ? It would also be useful for the axe wielders against SoD final boss (longsword wielders may obtain a +3 sword in SoD).
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Trouveur thanks for the suggestion! I'll leave this to @Acifer .
    Trouveur
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2021
    @jastey Been playing with BST and really like what has been done!

Here are two observations I have.
    1) I could not tell when I finished quests (ex: defeating doppelgangers). After awhile I just went to the person who gave the quest and they said I finished, but I went around awhile before I figured this out.
    2) The Tanner's Trouble quest where you talk to the commander does not give me an option when talking to the commander. I did have a couple other quests (like Doppelgangers) come up after talking to Tanner and before talking to commander. So the quest is in my log to talk to commander but get no options for it when talking to commander.

Again, great work and thank you!

EDIT: using version 6.
    jastey
    edited April 2021
    @Necromanx2 The tanner wants you to talk to the captain (wo is "commander of the guard"). This might be a misunderstanding if you tried to talk to the tower commander about it.
    The doppelganger quest: it has a timer. If you take too long the quest will just run out. But for every step, it should be clear what you are supposed to do - hopefully - if not let me know. If you were searching for doopelgangers on the tower grounds, there will be a note once all doppelgangers were found. Also, have a look into the readme, I gave some sort of walkthrough/spoilers for every quest.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Necromanx2
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    Hi, I'm playing an EET installation with SCS, Endless BG, Imoen 4 ever, Shades of the sword coast, BGQE, and NPC project. I'm also playing on LOB mode.

I've played through the entirety of the seatower mod and had two problems. The first is that the fletcher does not react when I bring him the potion of fire resistance so I couldn't fire proof the barrel and dunk it in the well. I had to have a flaming fist soldier remove the fire elemental to complete the quest for halfslinger.

The other problem I had was a single crash when moving between areas in the underground caverns. The area with the blue pond transitioning to the area with the long bridge crashed when I exited the area. The auto save that the game does when transitioning areas loaded up correctly and the transition worked fine from that point on forward.

Other than that I had no problems and I enjoyed the mod. I think the under ground caverns is probably the nicest add on area I have ever played from the mod community. @jastey , thanks for all of the great mods you have contributed to and made over the years.
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Sour thanks for the reports and the kind words. The area transition crash is hard to reproduce if it worked for you after the first time. The fletcher not reacting to the potion of fire resistance I will have a look at if I'll have the time, it's not the first time someone had problems to trigger the end of this quest.
    tl1942
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021
    I understand but I figured I'd mention it. My last playthrough on LOB mode took 150 hours just for the BGEE portion of the game. I explored all areas fully, did all quests, and defeated all hostiles in every area and despite all of the mods I am using, that crash in the seatower was the only crash I experienced the entire game. Pretty solid performance from both Beamdog and the mod community. The only other detail I can mention was that the auto save didn't have a picture of the game save like it normally does. I think Beamdog had issues with broken saves that had that problem in the past but I don't know anything about it.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehr