Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Road to 2.6 | Is the Icewind Dale 2.6.2.0 Patch Ready to Release?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
edited January 19 in The Road to 2.6
Patch 2.6 is almost ready!

A new Steam Beta for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is available now, and we need your feedback. Are we ready for the big release? Go on an adventure and share your thoughts!

TEST OBJECTIVE: Start questing! Is the patch good enough to release?
See Details on the 2.6.2.0 Beta Test:
Important:
- This is NOT the last update for IWD:EE
- 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to improve the game in future updates
- Here's what we've focused on for this patch: 2.6 Patch Items
- System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit | OS X 10.9 | Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

How to Participate
  • Playthrough some quests & VOTE on the release
  • Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
  • Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!

How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version
  • Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.2.0

The 2.6 Patch will also add new Text Localizations to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Check out the list of languages below:
New Text Localizations
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • Chinese (Simplified)

We won't move forward with a 2.6 Patch release until we hear feedback from enough Windows, Linux & macOS players for each Infinity Engine Title:

- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (New Beta Available!)
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

*Note: We're focusing on Windows macOS & Linux now, but stay tuned for details on the 2.6 Patch for Android & iOS!

Join the Beta & Vote Below!

Testing Status:
10/10 Windows Players (Done!)
3/3 Linux Players (Done!)
3/3 macOS (Done!)

Road to 2.6 | Is the Icewind Dale 2.6.2.0 Patch Ready to Release? 29 votes

Windows | Yes, release the patch!
58%
KhyronRokoStoneAngelTimbo0o0o0ProontHalimanSombraProfErrataPsicolilloanastielAciferskushaBaldursgate90SondaggifintiJulianovermaeulendot71 17 votes
macOS | Yes, release the patch!
10%
IlTruffatoreImpersonificatorFrociazzuz 3 votes
Linux | Yes, release the patch!
13%
EugVVlStryder90GarrettThiefAdorofinestre 4 votes
No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
17%
_Luke_BelfaldurnikoakheartFMTGreenman1279 5 votes
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
HafirNasherVixentJulianovermaAciferArviaanastiel
«1

Comments

  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 94
    Thats cool! Thank you. Do you know that if you casting invisibility 3m and one of your character will move during it may not work on?

    JuliusBorisov
  • NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
  • JulianovermaJulianoverma Member Posts: 1
    edited January 14
    Windows | Yes, release the patch!
    Olá , eu testei a beta e teve um erro no segundo andar da Kresselack's Tomb , o jogo simplesmente fecha , podem verificar isso ? ( Portuguese language ) , playing on windows steam version

    Hello , I tested the beta and had an error on the second floor of Kresselack's Tomb , the game simply closes , can you check this ? ( English language ) , playing on windows steam version

    I loved the update and the Portuguese localization <3

    JuliusBorisovHafir
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
    Olá , eu testei a beta e teve um erro no segundo andar da Kresselack's Tomb , o jogo simplesmente fecha , podem verificar isso ? ( Portuguese language ) , playing on windows steam version

    Hello , I tested the beta and had an error on the second floor of Kresselack's Tomb , the game simply closes , can you check this ? ( English language ) , playing on windows steam version

    I loved the update and the Portuguese localization <3

    Yeah, we've already filed a bug report for this, thanks. As a workaround, opt out of the beta, load the save in 2.5, proceed to the second floor, roll back into the beta.

    Julianoverma
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 171
    While modding I ran across something minor, but figured I'd mention it. I don't know when it was introduced and it probably doesn't have any affect in-game, but it might be considered sloppy coding. In IWDEE v2.6.2.0, "Lehland's Shop" (SHLEHLAN.STO) has 1 duplicate instances of "Items purchased" item type Shields (12).

    More importantly, I just had the two issues (where new saves are missing images and ScreenShots aren't saved) happen again, but this time on BG2EE and IWDEE (but NOT BGEE), all v2.6.2.0 and all launched through the Steam client. I have added this to the original support ticket.

    JuliusBorisov
  • FMTFMT Member Posts: 1
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    I have encountered a bug for Icewind Dale Enhanced while testing the 2.6. When you are in the Shadow of Vale and in the Major Catacomb when you try to go to the 2nd level, the game crashes to desktop. If you uninstall 2.6 and go back to 2.5 it works, put 2.6 back on it crashes to desktop in this spot, This has happened to two different parties with different setups and different games / saves. Haven't found anything to get past it other than uninstall the beta on steam and going back to 2.5.

    I didn't know where to post it. I have a dump file if you need it. But I am in Australia so the time zone differences if you need to contact me.

    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
    Sam_ wrote: »
    While modding I ran across something minor, but figured I'd mention it. I don't know when it was introduced and it probably doesn't have any affect in-game, but it might be considered sloppy coding. In IWDEE v2.6.2.0, "Lehland's Shop" (SHLEHLAN.STO) has 1 duplicate instances of "Items purchased" item type Shields (12).

    More importantly, I just had the two issues (where new saves are missing images and ScreenShots aren't saved) happen again, but this time on BG2EE and IWDEE (but NOT BGEE), all v2.6.2.0 and all launched through the Steam client. I have added this to the original support ticket.

    All the previous instances of this were related to user Antivirus / Firewall settings, most likely something interfering with the game creating files in Documents - BG2 or IWD folder (since you don't have this problem with BG1).
    FMT wrote: »
    I have encountered a bug for Icewind Dale Enhanced while testing the 2.6. When you are in the Shadow of Vale and in the Major Catacomb when you try to go to the 2nd level, the game crashes to desktop. If you uninstall 2.6 and go back to 2.5 it works, put 2.6 back on it crashes to desktop in this spot, This has happened to two different parties with different setups and different games / saves. Haven't found anything to get past it other than uninstall the beta on steam and going back to 2.5.

    I didn't know where to post it. I have a dump file if you need it. But I am in Australia so the time zone differences if you need to contact me.

    Thanks, this is a known issue already.

  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,510
    edited January 16
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    So:
    • [existed in v2.5] Quivering Palm – SPCL820.SPL and Stunning Blow – SPCL811.SPL should affect only fists ('parameter2' of opcode 248 should be 4 instead of 0, otherwise all melee weapons are eligible).
    • [existed in v2.5] Cat's Grace – SPWI225.SPL: CLSSPLAB.2DA is missing the SHAMAN entry (which should be `4 6` like the CLERIC/DRUID entry). Moreover, it's unclear if it's intended or not that MONKs are treated as CLERIC/DRUID instead of as FIGHTERs...
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI524.SPL – The combo op101 + op206 should be replaced by op318 + EFF file (more details here).
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI524B.SPL – Similarly, the combo op101 + op318 should be replaced by op318 + EFF file (more details here).
    • [existed in v2.5] SPWI418D.SPL – The 'Range' field (Extended Header at 0xE) should be set to a very high value (32767 ideally) and the 'Projectile' field (Extended Header at 0x26) to a new Projectile that should be coded as suggested here:
      • The same applies to all those spells such as Fireshield, to control the range of the feedback damage without generating the "One of your spells has failed" message.
    • [existed in v2.5] Is it intended for Otiluke's Freezing Sphere – SPWI628.SPL to bypass Magic Resistance?
    • [new in v2.6] LTOUCH.SPL: Is it intended for op215 to bypass Saving Throw check?
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI626.SPL – Lich Touch: Spell description should mention the duration of the Paralysis effect (which appears to be 600 seconds – 10 in-game Turns).
    • [existed in v2.5] SPWI224.SPL – Glitterdust: certain effects bypass Magic Resistance, whereas other not. Magic Resistance checks must be consistent, so is the spell intended to bypass Magic Resistance or not?

    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    JuliusBorisovMokonaATigersClawFlashburn
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 2,161
    edited January 15
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    SPWI224.SPL – Glitterdust: certain effects bypass Magic Resistance, whereas other not. Magic Resistance checks must be consistent, so is the spell intended to bypass Magic Resistance or not?

    Incidentally, while I don't have the 2.6 beta, the issue with Glitterdust applies across multiple games. In both BGEE and BG2EE (2.5), the blindness and invisibility revealing ignore magic resistance, while the visual effects don't. One instance of the "Blinded" string is blocked by MR, while a second isn't - and I really have to wonder why there are two of those strings.

    Post edited by jmerry on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
    @_Luke_

    Are any / all of these issues new in 2.6 or existed in 2.5?

  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,510
    edited January 15
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    @_Luke_

    Are any / all of these issues new in 2.6 or existed in 2.5?

    Will flag them as [existed in v2.5] or [new in v2.6] as appropriate...

    Also, I'll keep updating that post as I find new issues...

    JuliusBorisov
  • Greenman1279Greenman1279 Member Posts: 1
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    I Vote no. My game crashed right after the avalanche and subsequent fight with goblins. I tried to rest afterwards to heal... and reload the last save. Other than that, this is a lot smoother. It was so laggy, herky and jerky before! Nice work!!!! :-) :)

  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 158
    These are some bugs I'd love to see fixed if that hasn't been done yet.
    Please find the according Beamdog Service Desk ticket number within the brackets @JuliusBorisov.

    1. [IDPTS-92] Quite some strings breach or touch borders.
    88ujjq33iqkf.png

    2. [IDPTS-79] All priest of XXX classes show their special ability spells within the bottom special abilities bar except the priest of Tempus, which has it incorrectly placed in the spell book somehow (first level spells).
    PS: It works perfectly within BG I.

    3. [IDPTS-74] Within the story both Arundel and the chapter introduction declare the journey to Dragon's Eye as a day's journey but it then takes three days to go there.

    4. [IDPTS-73] Unique people have their name displayed on the first encounter except for Sheemish who was somehow named "Captive Villager".

    5. [IDPTS-76] Unique items only exist once (hence the name) except for Edventar's Gift who is owned by both Arundel and Orrick the Gray in Kuldahar.

    6. [IDPTS-133] Some quests show the added journal entry before the group even chooses the according dialogue with the questgiver.
    PS: The screenshot comes from BG I but it happens on some quests across all Infinity games.
    a7xlumv6cnr7.png

    7. [IDPTS-130] The concluding journal entry of the prologue quest "An ogre with a headache" is being displayed in the chapter 1 section instead of the prologue section.

    8. [IDPTS-129] The slide controller "locator feedback" has two identical settings, which doesn't make any sense.
    juccm9ayckur.png

    9. [IDPTS-93] One of the chests within Dragon's Eye (level 5 - top left room) displays with a dead body symbol instead of a chest symbol.
    iqr7ml87bza3.png

    10. [IDPTS-128] One of the ogre's audio strings ("Me will smash your face.") is English and is still being used within other language versions.

    11. [IDPTS-127] All potions have unique descriptions except for the potion of action transference, which incorrectly uses the general description of a flask.

    12. [IDPTS-94] The highlighting of a specific container within Malavon's Dome is being displayed incorrectly.
    gjcuvyuhij50.png

    13. [IDPTS-78] All spell strings are linked after a certain pattern except for five spells that have an incorrect string association (see ticket for exact spells).

    14. [IDPTS-72] The german audio of Hrothgar HROTH_17 incorrectly plays two strings at the same time instead of one (see ticket for details).

    15. [IDPTS-75] Three quests lack a journal entry (Conlan's son Sheemish, Oswald Fiddlebender's girdle improvement & Bandoth's request for razorvine extract).

    And finally a small feature request:
    16. [IDPTS-77] It would be great if identify scrolls would be usable even if placed in containers as they do work when placed in backpacks.

    MiraStastny
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    You could say it's a... dead man's chest

    Sam_Prince_Raymond
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    edited January 16
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    So:
    • [existed in v2.5] Quivering Palm – SPCL820.SPL and Stunning Blow – SPCL811.SPL should affect only fists ('parameter2' of opcode 248 should be 4 instead of 0, otherwise all melee weapons are eligible).
    • [existed in v2.5] Cat's Grace – SPWI225.SPL: CLSSPLAB.2DA is missing the SHAMAN entry (which should be `4 6` like the CLERIC/DRUID entry). Moreover, it's unclear if it's intended or not that MONKs are treated as CLERIC/DRUID instead of as FIGHTERs...
    Thanks, will fix.
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI524.SPL – The combo op101 + op206 should be replaced by op318 + EFF file (more details here).
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI524B.SPL – Similarly, the combo op101 + op318 should be replaced by op318 + EFF file (more details here).
    This is intentional to outsource the saving throw to 101+206. Opcode 333 self-terminates on a successful saving throw each time it hits if you specify a saving throw. Hopefully this will be fixed some day and we don't need to resort to workarounds.
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    • [existed in v2.5] SPWI418D.SPL – The 'Range' field (Extended Header at 0xE) should be set to a very high value (32767 ideally) and the 'Projectile' field (Extended Header at 0x26) to a new Projectile that should be coded as suggested here:
    • The same applies to all those spells such as Fireshield, to control the range of the feedback damage without generating the "One of your spells has failed" message.
    This is a very interesting idea. I didn't know about this, thanks! We will consider it, though that means all games need to be adjusted the same way. Fireshield type spells have been outsourced to external .eff files in 2.6 so that the caster may refresh these spells before premature expiration.
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    • [existed in v2.5] Is it intended for Otiluke's Freezing Sphere – SPWI628.SPL to bypass Magic Resistance?
    • [new in v2.6] LTOUCH.SPL: Is it intended for op215 to bypass Saving Throw check?
    • [new in v2.6] SPWI626.SPL – Lich Touch: Spell description should mention the duration of the Paralysis effect (which appears to be 600 seconds – 10 in-game Turns).
    • [existed in v2.5] SPWI224.SPL – Glitterdust: certain effects bypass Magic Resistance, whereas other not. Magic Resistance checks must be consistent, so is the spell intended to bypass Magic Resistance or not?
    Good catches! None of these effects should bypass MR and LTOUCH.spl's 215 shouldn't bypass any saving throw checks. Glitterdust MR inconsistency affects all 3 IE games.

    Post edited by Galactygon on
    hook71JuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,510
    edited January 18
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    @Galactygon
    This is intentional to outsource the saving throw to 101+206. Opcode 333 self-terminates on a successful saving throw each time it hits if you specify a saving throw. Hopefully this will be fixed some day and we don't need to resort to workarounds.
    Yeah, this is not really an issue... I simply wanted to say that using op318 or op206 + External EFF files is probably better/safer... You can use this trick to code a more customized version of the IWDEE Evasion Ability...
    Fireshield type spells have been outsourced to external .eff files in 2.6 so that the caster may refresh these spells before premature expiration.
    You might want to add this information here, since it seems to be missing...



    Some other things I noticed:
    • [existed in v2.5] Ninjatōs (base item "SW1H48.ITM") are described as short blades. As a result, they should be coded as such: 'Category' (Header at 0x1C) should be '19|Small swords', 'Appearance' (Header at 0x22) should be "SS|Short swords". 'Weapon animations' (Extended header at 0x2C*3) and 'Damage type' (Extended header at 0x1C) should also be adjusted as well (to match normal Short Swords...)
    • [existed in v2.5] In the patch notes you talked about Inconsistent Unconsciousness Administration.
      Unfortunately, there are still issues regarding this whole topic. The main problem here is that there is only one "Sleep" opcode, namely op39, which is used for Sleep, Unconsciousness, Knockdown, Hopelessness, and Nausea(Poison).
      • This means that, for instance, cadaverous/skeletal undead, golems, etc. are immune to the knockdown effect caused by CLERIC_EARTHQUAKE – SPPR720.SPL and similar spells (due to their general immunity to op39). This of course doesn't make any sense and should be fixed. Two possible solutions:
        • Once again, op318 and external EFF files (more details here, section "Accurately granting immunity to just one form of an opcode")
        • Alternatively, you could edit Source Code and add at least another "Sleep" opcode (just like we have two "Charm creature" opcodes). This is probably the best solution...
    • [existed in v2.5] The Poison opcode (#25) automatically display the Poisoned portrait icon ('Special' field), there's no need for a separate op142 effect. This is not an issue, just a reminder/side note...
    • [existed in v2.5] The Improved Invisibility opcode (#20, param#2=1) automatically provides "Normal" invisibility, there's no reason to apply both "Normal" and "Improved" invisibility in the same spell/item, see "SPWI405.SPL" (unless you want them to have different probabilities/hd limits). This is not an issue, just a reminder/side note...
    • [existed in v2.5] Polymorph Self, Shapechange, Druid Polymorph abilities and the like: this spells/abilities are still bugged. In particular:
      • If you keep changing form, you will lose bonus/malues granted by equipped items (for example an amulet). That means you need to return to your original form before changing into another form.
        This issue might be caused by opcode #135 being bugged when used with 'parameter2=0'... As far as I know, there are 2 possible workarounds: either use op135 with 'parameter2=1' or op53 with 'parameter2=0'. In both cases you need to remember to "transfer" Strength, Dexterity, Resistances, Base AC, Specific AC (Crush/Slash/Pierce/Missile), and Base APR from CRE file to the polymorph item.
      • [Suggestion] You might want to attach the "Return to Natural Form" ability to "FIST.ITM" (and Monk Fists too).

        In so doing, it is always available, and modders wishing to add other polymorph abilities can safely forget about adding it...

        Moreover, you really might want to replace all those op112 removing polymorph "weapons" with a simple op111 ('timing = 1', 'resource = SW1H01', or any other existing weapon) followed by op112 ('timing = 1', 'resource = SW1H01', or any other existing weapon). In so doing, you don't need to "remember" to remove all polymorph "weapons" via op112...
      • [Suggestion/Feature request] Opcode #171 should work as intended when applied with 'Timing Mode 2'.

        This is another thing that should make its way into the game as soon as possible. If that were possible, you could attach abilities like SALAMANDER_BREATHE_FIREBALL – SPIN160.SPL to the polymorph weapon. In so doing, they will be removed as soon as the polymorph weapon is no longer equipped (either because of death or because you changed form/returned to natural form) and modders wishing to add other polymorph abilities can safely forget about removing them via op172... Moreover, modders could also add their own abilities without worrying about patching existing polymorph abilities that would otherwise be able to use them...

        As an alternative, the Magical Weapon Slot should allow Item Abilities (`header_type = 3`).
    • [existed in v2.5] Probability1 and Probability2 fields.
      As you surely know, 0 IS a legitimate roll. There are a LOT of files that need to be patched to take into account of this fact. For instance, let us consider Charm Person – SPWI104.SPL:
      • opcode #324 targeting RACE = ELF should be 90% of hits, not 91% (so either 'prob2=0 and prob1=89' or 'prob2=1 and prob1=90')
      • opcode #324 targeting RACE = HALF_ELF should be 30% of hits, not 31% (so either 'prob2=0 and prob1=29' or 'prob2=1 and prob1=30')
    • [existed in v2.5] DOBONE.ITM – Spell description of Darts of Bone – SPWI630.SPL states that "Strength reduction is noncumulative".
      However, this is not the case ("DOBONE.ITM" lacks opcode #321...) Moreover, all effects should use `resist_dispel = 1` I think...
    • [existed in v2.5] Is it intended for DECASTA.ITM (Decastave) to bypass Magic Resistance?

    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Mokona
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited January 16
    - This is NOT the last update for IWD:EE
    - 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to improve the game in future updates
    - Do you mean NOT the last 2.6.X beta update or NOT the last 2.X update?

  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 841
    Meaning "there will eventually be a 2.7 update"

    rede9Aaemforever
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 404
    Oh, really? Interesting, that's news to me. Why would IWD continue to be supported but not BG?

    StummvonBordwehr
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,285
    Isewein wrote: »
    Oh, really? Interesting, that's news to me. Why would IWD continue to be supported but not BG?
    It is also stated in the BG-topics that 2.6 is not the latest patch.

    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
    I Vote no. My game crashed right after the avalanche and subsequent fight with goblins. I tried to rest afterwards to heal... and reload the last save. Other than that, this is a lot smoother. It was so laggy, herky and jerky before! Nice work!!!! :-) :)

    Can you repro the crash once more? Can you attach your save so that we could test it as well?

  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 59
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    Has the macOS trackpad scroll bug on store inventory windows been addressed?

    details as discussed here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76973/trackpad-scrolling-bug-on-vendor-buy-sell-windows-iwd-mac-10-14-6#latest

  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    edited January 24
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    • [existed in v2.5] DOBONE.ITM – Spell description of Darts of Bone – SPWI630.SPL states that "Strength reduction is noncumulative".
      However, this is not the case ("DOBONE.ITM" lacks opcode #321...) Moreover, all effects should use `resist_dispel = 1` I think...
    • [existed in v2.5] Is it intended for DECASTA.ITM (Decastave) to bypass Magic Resistance?
    Thanks, none of these effects should bypass MR. These as well as shapechange natural form should be in the next buid for all 3 games. Using FIST.itm crashes the game but a zero second B1-6.itm does the trick. The shapechange opcode is bugged when you shapechange between two different non-natural forms. In fact, it generates impassable tiles which is a much more serious issue than losing effects from equipped items. I've filed both issues internally but they're unlikely to make it in 2.6 since it's a code issue.

    The fireshield suggestion you posted in the other thread works like a charm so it should be in the next build as well. No more "One of your spells has failed." text.

    The rest of the suggestions are outside the scope of 2.6 but agree they would be good to have in an eventual later patch.

    _Luke_JuliusBorisovsuy
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    Win10 Beta crashes upon trying to leave Kresselack's Tomb AR3501 to second level AR3502.

  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,510
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
    Galactygon wrote: »
    Using "FIST.itm" crashes the game but a zero second "B1-6.itm" does the trick.
    What do you mean exactly?

    Last time I tried, when I added the "Return to Natural Form" ability to "FIST.itm" (and Monk fists), the game did not crash upon use...
    Galactygon wrote: »
    The shapechange opcode is bugged when you shapechange between two different non-natural forms. In fact, it generates impassable tiles which is a much more serious issue than losing effects from equipped items. I've filed both issues internally but they're unlikely to make it in 2.6 since it's a code issue.
    Does the "impassable tiles" bug occur only when `Parameter2=0`? Or does it occur regardless of `Parameter2` value?



    I forgot to mention a couple of other things:
    • As you surely know, the Black Blade of Disaster – "BLAKBLAD.itm" does not work as intended if the caster has already spent some proficiency points in PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD during either chargen or level-up (e.g. Multi-class Fighter/Mages...)

      As a result, you might want to change its `Weapon proficiency` (byte @ 0x31) to EXTRAPROFICIENCY20 (which should be an unused STAT...?) and of course alter its (global) op233 effect to set 5 stars in EXTRAPROFICIENCY20...

      Please do NOT consider the idea of deleting op233 from "BLAKBLAD.itm" and add it to the spell "SPWI915.SPL".
      In such a case, if you complete the Dual-class procedure while the spell is still active, the 5-star boost to PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD will be made permanent if you do not select PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD as one of your proficiencies for your new class!
    • Opcode #233, Proficiency Type 99 – PROFICIENCYHALBERD currently cannot use the `Increment` option without crashing! This is likely another code issue...?

      As far as I know, no vanilla resource uses this Type with the `Increment` option... However, it might be used by some mods, so please investigate the cause of this issue...

  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    Galactygon wrote: »
    Using "FIST.itm" crashes the game but a zero second "B1-6.itm" does the trick.
    What do you mean exactly?

    Last time I tried, when I added the "Return to Natural Form" ability to "FIST.itm" (and Monk fists), the game did not crash upon use...
    I got the crash when trying to (un)equip a weapon in the inventory screen after returning to natural form (with a 0-duration FIST.itm called via 111) even though the FIST.itm disappeared. It doesn't occour for "B1-6.itm"
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    Galactygon wrote: »
    The shapechange opcode is bugged when you shapechange between two different non-natural forms. In fact, it generates impassable tiles which is a much more serious issue than losing effects from equipped items. I've filed both issues internally but they're unlikely to make it in 2.6 since it's a code issue.
    Does the "impassable tiles" bug occur only when `Parameter2=0`? Or does it occur regardless of `Parameter2` value?
    Occours in both cases. I can reproduce it by: 1. Casting Polymorph Self 2. Polymorphing into a Wolf 3. Polymorphing into a Black Bear. The caster is then stuck in place and equipped item effects are lost.
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    I forgot to mention a couple of other things:
    • As you surely know, the Black Blade of Disaster – "BLAKBLAD.itm" does not work as intended if the caster has already spent some proficiency points in PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD during either chargen or level-up (e.g. Multi-class Fighter/Mages...)

      As a result, you might want to change its `Weapon proficiency` (byte @ 0x31) to EXTRAPROFICIENCY20 (which should be an unused STAT...?) and of course alter its (global) op233 effect to set 5 stars in EXTRAPROFICIENCY20...

      Please do NOT consider the idea of deleting op233 from "BLAKBLAD.itm" and add it to the spell "SPWI915.SPL".
      In such a case, if you complete the Dual-class procedure while the spell is still active, the 5-star boost to PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD will be made permanent if you do not select PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD as one of your proficiencies for your new class!
    • Opcode #233, Proficiency Type 99 – PROFICIENCYHALBERD currently cannot use the `Increment` option without crashing! This is likely another code issue...?

      As far as I know, no vanilla resource uses this Type with the `Increment` option... However, it might be used by some mods, so please investigate the cause of this issue...

    That's an interesting issue. A bit of a niche but really appreciate the deep dive. It will most likely be up to a later patch to fix. Did make note of it on my to-do list.

    _Luke_
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    edited January 25
    Windows | Yes, release the patch!
    I need to know precisely a technical detail: are the arcane spell lists identical in the precedent version of IWDEE (2.5.17.0) and the new one (2.6.2.0) ? And too are the arcane spell list in BG2EE (2.6.2.0) and IWDEE (2.6.2.0) identical too ? Thank you for your response.

  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    The spells each class learns is identical between 2.5 and 2.6.

    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,015
    Win10 Beta crashes upon trying to leave Kresselack's Tomb AR3501 to second level AR3502.

    Thanks, already fixed in the next internal build.

    Aaemforever
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,787
    Update of Polish IWDEE translation:

    We have finished proofreading of original (vanilla) IWD content, fixing countless punctuation errors, grammar errors. We'd like to ask to export the current .dlg from Translation Tool for release build of patch 2.6, which includes all the changes we have made since the release of patch 2.5.

This discussion has been closed.