Skip to content

[v1.1] Skitia's NPCs For BG2:EE and EET

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited December 2020
    I'm not able to replicate your error, I've installed it on two different computers, one fresh and one with a few mods and they both installed. What other mods are you using, and is this EET or just BG2:EE?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Skitia

Try adding the updated qd_multiclass.tpa file.
    edited December 2020
    Thanks, AionZ!

Okay, I went ahead and updated the qd_multiclass.tpa file, try redownloading it @megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ok that seems to have fixed it. no idea why that was an issue i'm not using any mods that effect classes besides will o whips that adds a shaman class.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    At release this will include only Skitia's NPCs, but if there's positive reception and desire, will be expanded to include the chance to interact with original NPCS.

I've only played with Vienxay, but I really like this feature. Would be great to see what you make of it with original NPCs. Rest always did seem underused as a time for dialogue in the game (as opposed to, say, all buffed up and just about to engage Firkraag).
  • DaechirDaechir Member Posts: 13
    Hello, I was looking for this mod to be live, for a long time, looks really, really great! But unfortunately cant add it to my game... I got this message every time Im trying to download it...

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/SkitiaNPCs/Scripts/X3Emi.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 361 column 1-33
    Near Text: )
    [Switch] not found in TRIGGER.IDS
    ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/SkitiaNPCs/Scripts/X3Emi.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/SkitiaNPCs/Scripts/X3Emi.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [SkitiaNPCs/Scripts/X3Emi.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Skitia NPCs for Baldur's Gate 2], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 148 files for [SKITIANPCS/SETUP-SKITIANPCS.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 148 files for [SKITIANPCS/SETUP-SKITIANPCS.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SKITIANPCS.DEBUG and look for support at: Skitia https://skitias-stories.com/contact.php
    Using Language [English]

Keep creating great mods like this one. Take care.
    edited December 2020
    Are you using BG2:EE or EET?

Basically you are missing this line in your trigger.ids file and it doesn't know what to do.

of8aau1l4awn.png

Normal BG2 doesn't have the Switch function, and my mod uses that and a few other EE specific ones. My hunch is that this is being installed on regular BG2 and not BG2EE or EET, or your trigger.ids file is messed up by another mod.

Hello, thank you for the reply, Im using Baldurs Gate 2 EE not EET. Im sorry, but what is EET?
    edited December 2020
    EET = Enhanced Edition Trilogy. @Daechir

So in your case, the Trigger.ids file is missing the line that I highlighted. I toyed around with mine and was able to replicate your error by exporting TRIGGER.IDS to my over-ride folder and removing 0x40E5 Switch(S:Global*,S:Area*) entirely from the file.

This could be because your BG2:EE game is out of date, I'd check to make sure it's updated.

If that's not it, I'm guessing a mod edited it for some reason, because by default the game has it. If TRIGGER.IDS is in the override folder, you could probably just open it and add 0x40E5 Switch(S:Global*,S:Area*) into the file directly. I'd also try to see which mod is editing it. If you have a small mod list, I could check them for you to help.

Or, you can just download the attached zip file, and move the TRIGGER.IDS file into your Baldur's Gate 2 override folder (Replace if asked). Then it should download.
    Hello again, thank you for your help and advice so far. When I had this message, I had on this mods: The Sellswords, Assassination, Back to Brynnlaw, Eilistraees Song and this NPCs mods, Branwen for BG2, Coran, Xan, Yasraena, Kivan and Deheriana, Solaufein, Haldamir, Evandra.
    I know, maybe is a long list of mods. I will try to move the Trigger.IDS file to my override too.
    Thank you again for your help and time.
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    Depending on which Solaufein mod you had installed, it could be that an old library in the file may be the cause of this. I have run into a few problems with a couple of mods having older versions of detectable spell libraries that replaced rather than patched some of the .ids files. Coran and Haldamir are the other two that I don't have in my current install.
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2020
    Not sure if this ia bug or by design... I've been romancing Vienxay, and her romance variable is set to 2. Bodhi tries to kidnap her as expected, but she seems to escape into the Shadow realm.

How do I get her back??? Looking at the cutscene code, she leaves the party and then her instance is Destroyed??

ActionOverride("X3Vie",LeaveParty())
    ActionOverride("X3Vie",DestroySelf())

UPDATE: Well, it looks like its some kind of positioning thing, possibly due to another mod. Bodhi is further north that might be normal, almost on the road north of the graves near Weylin's ghost. When I used CTRL-J to jump closer to her, Vienxay appeared shortly after the fight was over.
    Post edited by Tygaran on
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    Just finished ToB while romancing Vienxay as an elven character. However, I did not get an epilogue scene for her when I chose to give up the essence.

X3VieRomanceActive = 2
    PlayerChoseEssence not set
    X3VEvermeetEnd = 1

Looking over the code in AR6200 script, I can find 6 possible scenes x3vie01-x3vie03, x3vie05, x3vie4d and x3vie4e. None of them match my situation. Is this an oversight? Missing code in the release?

Or perhaps one of those epilogues should cover my situation maybe?
    edited December 2020
    For the First One: Sometimes Bodhi's position is weird. Either way, it will always trigger the character's return a short amount of time post fight.

For the second one, it would be a bug. For the elf section, I copy-pasted and forgot to change !Race(Elf) to Race(Elf). If you know what you are doing, you can delete the ! before Race(Elf) in the correct section (Which says Recorder Romance and not Vienxay in the comments above it as a fyi, but the code is for Vienxay) or you can redownload the mod.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    It's really nice to see that your awesome NPC from BG1 will be available in BG2 !

This mod will definitely be on my next install of BG2.

Since you kindly allow us to suggest crossmod contents, here is some I would appreciate :
    - AionZ NPC : Sirene, Drake and Aura
    - LavaDelVortel NPC : Verr'Sza, Herphernaan, Will of the Wisp
    - maybe some BG1 NPC mods : Branwen, Coran, Kivan, so we could have the same party in BG1 and BG2 ? Kale seems to appreciate Branwen in my BG1 party, and would probably be glad to meet her again in BG2 ;-)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited December 2020
    What about Imoen 4 Ever? The Longer Road? Tenya Therimor? Jastey's NPCs (Ascalon, Grey the Dog, Yeslick in BG2, and maybe more)? The Mazzy Romance MegaMod? Glam's NPC Pack? Argent77's Afaaq? The Drizz't Saga & Region of Terror? Mercenaries of the Sword Coast? Saradas Magic I & II (but Saradas only joins in Saradas Magic II) and *gasp*, Sandrah? (Glam's NPC Pack adds humorous and perhaps slanderous crossmod content with Sandrah.)
    edited December 2020
    -AionZ NPC's: I'll get to Sirene eventually, and the others when released.
    -Lava's NPCs: I've not played any of these in BG2. If I find time to play them, I'll certainly consider it.
    -BG1 NPCs: Since these are Bioware NPCs I don't mind writing some crossmod with them. Branwen would be the easiest since I'm the most familiar with their BG2 work, so the most likely to be done sooner rather than the status of "possibly later", especially since she doesn't have any notable quests that divert their personality.

-Imoen 4 Ever: I tried to keep Imoen 4 Ever's existence in mod when writing some conversations, one day I can do a sweep through and make everything more compatible with their possible earlier presence. But it's not a high priority, as I prefer a more vanilla playthrough with her gone until Chapter 4.
    -Tenya Therimor is for BG1, but I wouldn't mind writing crossmod for it in the future if time allows and Coutelier doesn't mind. Vienxay-Tenya brings up some ideas in particular.
    -Jastey's NPCs: I've only played her SoD mod with Bill the Understudy of all things for mod learning and a little of Ajantis in BG2. I'll have to look up these others.
    -I have some compatibility things I added for The Megamod/Mazzy Romance, mostly Kale not trying to romance Mazzy if she's with the PC. I can add more bits of recognition here and there when I have time.
    -Glam's NPCs: I'd love to with permission and after fully playing all five. I've only read their dialogue and not given them a full playthrough, but Glam's NPCs have some of the best writing in BG Modding.

-Most of the others I'll have to look up as I'm not familiar with, except:

-Sandrah- I think the closest I could bring myself to any crossmod is editing one of Kale's banter with Recorder that is a subtle reference to the mod, and change it to go a different way if she's in the party.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    Thank you for this complete answer.

Glam NPC for BG1 would be very nice too, I agree with you, they are so well designed. I didn't ask about them here since it's currently a BG1 mod.

I have Moidre currently in my neutral party, and her best sparring partner is Kale. ;-)
    I briefly also took Flara in this party until I replaced her with Faldorn, but she was very interesting too, and intriguing.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited December 2020
    I just had Vienxay ask me if I had any previous loves and I responded that she was with me from the beginning and should know. I got the below response. Clicking it ends the conversation.
    4h574873tdyo.png
    [spoiler/]
    Thanks for the bug report, I went ahead and fixed it. (Version number is the same if you redownload it.) If you choose not to download the fix and click the no valid links and replies and continue on, everything will still progress.
    Hello, I uninstall the game and delete all the mods. I start a fresh run, I add your mod first, before any other mods and this time all is fine, you mod runs smoothly ? I'm really happy, I look forward to play with all the new NPCs. Especially Helga and Emily. Keep the good job, take care.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited January 2021
    Skitia wrote: »
    -Jastey's NPCs: I've only played her SoD mod with Bill the Understudy
    I never thought anyone would take the basic tutorial mod along in an actual playthrough. I think you made Biff very happy! EDIT: Just in case someone of the younger folks aren't aware: "Biff the Understudy" is a game character that in the original BG1 jumped in and spoke lines in case the characters in question weren't available (for whatever reasons). He also spoke a modded line once for one of my (BG1 compatible) mods where Imoen had a line but I forgot the checks so it fired with Biff because Imoen wasn't around.
    Endarire wrote: »
    Jastey's NPCs (Ascalon, Grey the Dog, Yeslick in BG2
    Thanks for mentioning my mods, but: Ascalon is the author's name of his NPC mod Breagar, and Yeslick in BG2 is from Pixel Kaiser, with additions from K'aeloree and ToB content from @LavaDelVortel.

Since this is the BGII thread - my only finished BGII NPC mod is Ajantis so far. You can take my other NPCs along but they are not finished. EDIT: Except Solaufein, of course. I forgot my Solaufein mod, lol.

Post edited by jastey on
    Whoops, thanks for the credit corrections, Jastey.
    Daechir wrote: »
    Hello, I uninstall the game and delete all the mods. I start a fresh run, I add your mod first, before any other mods and this time all is fine, you mod runs smoothly ? I'm really happy, I look forward to play with all the new NPCs. Especially Helga and Emily. Keep the good job, take care.

Great, let me know how it goes!
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Hi, I love this mod so far! Your work is awesome and greatly appreciated! I do have one dumb question, though: I cannot remember the 2nd contact Emily must see regarding her family (Jysstv Estate guy was one). Where is the other? Doesn't seem to be in any notes.
    In the Radiant Heart.
    nwn7oj9vwwc5.png
    I am currently playing with all 5 NPCs, and they are a blast! So well thought-out and built. Emily and Vienxay steal the show, but I am really happy with Recorder and Helga. Kale is a bit needy, but still a fun character concept. Overall I am stunned at how much you have added to the game, and I hope you continue modding far into the future!
    Sorry to try to bum some tips, but before I tear apart the Underdark looking for Vienxay's tome, any hints out there?
    What was taken by drow, will be with a drow. (That should help remove quite a few places.)
    Skitia wrote: »
    What was taken by drow, will be with a drow. (That should help remove quite a few places.)

The only place I haven't hit is Qilue's place, mostly because I hate that stupid fish. Can't get access there now, hope that wasn't it. Otherwise, I have cleared out every place.
    To more specifically spoil, there should be a human slave named Samir that spawns in the city. Once he is spoken to, then the drow who has it spawns. (He also says where the drow is.) I may change this to trigger Samir to dialogue upon approach to make it a little easier.