Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Is the Icewind Dale 2.6.2.0 Patch Ready to Release?

2»

Comments

• ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    Thank you Galactygon. Well another problem : in IWDEE 2.5.17.0 the Level 9 arcane spell Imprisonment isn't available. Is it normal ?
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2021
    Dear Beamdog,

@_Luke_ seems to be a God-given genius. Please do your company a favor and hire this person. In case you haven't noticed, @Cahir has been knocking on your door offering free, proofread, translated text for your IE titles. Is there any way you could establish negotiations for a trade agreement? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2021
    I agree. Hire this guy, he deserves it.
    Post edited by ProfErrata on
    Prince_Raymond
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Perfect patch! thx Beamdog
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    ProfErrata wrote: »
    Thank you Galactygon. Well another problem : in IWDEE 2.5.17.0 the Level 9 arcane spell Imprisonment isn't available. Is it normal ?

In v2.6 this spell is present ("SPWI910.SPL").
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    _Luke_ wrote: »

I think their referring to the scroll being unavailable (not sold or dropped). So it's available to Sorcerers, but not Wizards.
    kjeron wrote: »

I think their referring to the scroll being unavailable (not sold or dropped). So it's available to Sorcerers, but not Wizards.

Yeah, possible.
    The scroll is present in the game files ("SCRL9S.ITM"), but I cannot find references to it in ARE, STO, BCS, or DLG files...
    well I see. Perhaps it's another oversight then…
    The Portuguese translation of Brazil is working well, I just felt a little slow in the game, but it's great to play it in my language
    Prince_RaymondJuliusBorisov
    @Galactygon

OK, here's another hidden/tricky issue.
    I'm talking about opcode #78 – Disease and its two Mold Touch (Single/Decrement) modes. Cast Mold Touch – "SPPR326.spl" on someone and wait for the spell to naturally expire.

When the spell naturally expires, the `DISEASED` spell state (applied by op78, Mold Touch = Decrement) is not removed (unless the targeted creature dies or gets cured). This is of course not intended and should be fixed.

As a result, you might want to apply those op78 effects with `Timing Mode = 3` (`duration=0`). Moreover, you might want to stick with "Mold touch (Decrement)": set `Parameter1` of the first op78 effect (Save vs. Spell failed) to 4 and `Parameter1` of the second op78 effect (Save vs. Spell succeeded) to 3, and just remove that op78 applied with "Mold touch (Single)"... The same of course applies to "SPPR326B.spl" (the "spread" auxiliary SPL...)

More details are available on the IESDP (as always, courtesy of Kjeron...).

As a side note, also the "Diseased" Portrait Icon shares the same feature as the `DISEASED` spell state, i.e., it will remain until cured/death. But in this case it gets removed correctly simply because it is applied via op142 instead of the `Special` field of op78...
    JuliusBorisovATigersClaw
    After talking to Kresselack and going back to the tomb's level 1, the game crashes
    ygwd20hmz66t.png
    kx4m0itfbes5.png
    ii3gtox2f6ds.png
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, that was a known issue, it's fixed in the next internal build.
    AaemforeveranastielPrince_Raymond
    @Galactygon
    • The `resource` field of opcode #324 of all Stinking Cloud "spells" ("SPWI004.SPL", "SPWM187.SPL", "SPWI213.SPL") should set to "SPWI004", "SPWM187", and "SPWI213" respectively (it's currently empty).
    • According to "SPLPROT.2DA", when opcode #324 is meant to target UNDEAD||MYCONID||GOLEM (see the aforementioned SPL files, plus "SPWI726.SPL", "HANDGF.SPL", etc...), `parameter2` should be set to 47 instead of 48. Is it possible that these two entries got inverted somehow during development...?
    ATigersClawGalactygonanastielJuliusBorisov
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @_Luke_ It would depend on which entry in SPLPROT was altered in v2.6, since the previous listings did not work as intended.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    @_Luke_ Thank you! In the latter case, the issue is in the SPLPROT.2da itself. 0x103 and 0x104 need to be switched between the rows. SPWI726.spl and similar effects will need to be updated to look for row 47.
    JuliusBorisov
    Galactygon wrote: »
    @_Luke_ Thank you! In the latter case, the issue is in the SPLPROT.2da itself. 0x103 and 0x104 need to be switched between the rows. SPWI726.spl and similar effects will need to be updated to look for row 47.

Yeah, I see it now, the problem is the STAT value in "SPLPROT.2DA" (should be `0x103|Use two rows` for `47|(31||27)` and `0x104|negate 0x103` for `48|!(31||27)`.

Did you manage to look at "SPPR326.SPL" (Mold Touch)?
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    edited January 2021

That spell is a beauty. I can't seem to figure out what exactly the mold touch mode in the disease opcode does even after reading the IESDP description 10 times. The spread will need to be used within opcode 78 so staggered delayed damage is not enough to make it 100%. It will need to involve changing/revamping the opcode so it's unlikely making it in this patch. I do have my eye on it.
    Post edited by Galactygon on
    TressetJuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    I'm watching Bruce Banner (_Luke_) and Tony Stark (Galactygon) interact with each other for the first time in the first Avengers movie all over again. This is cool. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Galactygon wrote: »

That spell is a beauty. I can't seem to figure out what exactly the mold touch mode in the disease opcode does even after reading the IESDP description 10 times...

That's unfortunate... Maybe @kjeron is able to provide additional details?

Anyway, using `Timing mode 3` will at least remove the spell state (instead of it lasting until cured/death...)
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2021
    No, it's not ready! (Please explain)

Ok, I've finally got the 2.6.2 Beta installed on macOS 10.15.6 and can confirm the trackpad scroll issue is NOT fixed.

Details as in my original post here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76973/trackpad-scrolling-bug-on-vendor-buy-sell-windows-iwd-mac-10-14-6#latest
    JuliusBorisov
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited February 2021
    We've suggested some corrections for the English IWD I strings within the Translation Tool. Hopefully somebody can approve them before the release of 2.6.
    Aaemforever
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    oakheart wrote: »

Ok, I've finally got the 2.6.2 Beta installed on macOS 10.15.6 and can confirm the trackpad scroll issue is NOT fixed.

Details as in my original post here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76973/trackpad-scrolling-bug-on-vendor-buy-sell-windows-iwd-mac-10-14-6#latest

We're now looking into this issue, thanks for the remainder.
    oakheart
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    oakheart wrote: »

We're now looking into this issue, thanks for the remainder.

Thank you Julius! That one's been bugging me (pun intended) for a while.

JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.