Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Is the Baldur's Gate 2.6.2.0 Patch Ready to Release?

2»

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Update of Polish BGEE translation:

We have finished proofreading of original (vanilla) BG1 content, fixing many punctuation and grammar errors. We'd like to ask to export the current .dlg from Translation Tool for release build of patch 2.6, which includes all the changes we have made since the release of patch 2.5.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    In my journal, I have an open entry in Chapter 3 titled "A Hidden Base"? I am currently in Chapter 5, and would have expected this entry to be marked as Finished upon flooding the mines. When is it supposed to be closed?

Secondly, I just experienced a CTD upon trying to quicksave. Attached is the crash dump and the quicksave in question. The save appears to have been created despite the crash. Loading the save seems? to be playable.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Sam_ wrote: »
    Secondly, I just experienced a CTD upon trying to quicksave. Attached is the crash dump and the quicksave in question. The save appears to have been created despite the crash. Loading the save seems? to be playable.

Thanks for the crash file! But we would appreciate (and this will really make our work easier) if you could provide (I know it's a lot to ask):
    - a Save Game
    - Reproduction Steps
    - confirmation if you experienced similar crashes on v2.5.
    - your hardware specs, including confirmation your video card driver is up-to-date
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Sam_ wrote: »

Thanks for the crash file! But we would appreciate (and this will really make our work easier) if you could provide (I know it's a lot to ask):
    - a Save Game
    - Reproduction Steps
    - confirmation if you experienced similar crashes on v2.5.
    - your hardware specs, including confirmation your video card driver is up-to-date

1) The save game I have is in the ZIP with the crash dump. It is the save that was being made when the game crashed. I have one from before, but not immediately before.

2) I have been unable to reproduce the crash. As far as reproduction steps, I feel like the game tried to save either the exact instance Gantolandan tried to talk to me or the exact instance Gantolandan "woke up". I don't quite remember which.

3) I don't specifically recall a crash having happened under these exact circumstances before. It certainly isn't a frequent issue.

4) I'll PM you the specs.
  • jazirajazira Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I'd like to quote someone who reported something on another forum about concentration checks.

I don't know if it's already reported, nor already fixed, so excuse me if this is the case.

"They need to fix concentration checks.

The 2.0 patch optionally enables concentration checks to avoid spell failure, like ToBEx has on the pre-EE game. But, IIRC, the EEs apply the formula incorrectly, so that you are more likely to be interrupted if you only take a bit of damage, and more likely to shrug it off and successfully cast if you take massive damage."
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    I really like how the new NPCs have been implemented into the game. One thing I noticed though is the looks of the new area of Adoy's Enclave.
    One of the biggest German gaming magazines (GameStar) mentioned it during their review and for this matter I do agree, that part of the map looks like somebody forgot to finish it, making it look very empty (pretty blurry ground textures at the same time).
    It would be great if things like trees, tree stumps, bushes, rocks, debris, and the like could be added to make it look less sterile. It would be best to use some of the existing elements (e.g. the widely used trees) to make it blend in better to the rest of the maps. Shouldn't be too big of a task I guess.

q46ceortrmpg.jpg
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @jazira We have all previous Redmine tickets logged in. Including all Concentration tickets. But they won't be part of 2.6.

@ATigersClaw It would be unreasonable to expect any art changes at this point. Personally, I would agree with your statement regarding that map and I think new BG2 areas for EE characters are much more detailed and looking better, showing progress and improvement over the first experiment. But SoD areas are something else, quality-wise. They look great!
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    That's the main reason I don't like to go to the new areas in BG1, they look terrible and don't mesh with the original ones at all. Which is a shame, because opposite is true about BG2 and SoD locations, they're one of the best aspects of the new content.
    Even though I understand @JuliusBorisov's argument I still hope Beamdog shows mercy and conducts these minor map changes contrary to all expectations since there are only two new outside areas being introduced with the enhanced edition of BG I if I'm correct.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Even though I understand @JuliusBorisov's argument I still hope Beamdog shows mercy and conducts these minor map changes contrary to all expectations since there are only two new outside areas being introduced with the enhanced edition of BG I if I'm correct.
    I interpreted Julius' 'at this point' meaning in the process of the 2.6 beta. It might be something for 2.7.

• LogiteksLogiteks Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2021
    I interpreted Julius' 'at this point' meaning in the process of the 2.6 beta. It might be something for 2.7.
    I don't think so. Maybe if some modder volunteer quality art out of passion. But expecting that Beamdog will hire (or allocate) graphic artist at this point (read as "at this point of product lifecycle") is wishful thinking, imo.
    edited February 2021
    We've suggested some corrections for the English BG I strings within the Translation Tool. Hopefully somebody can approve them before the release of 2.6.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2021
    I had 3 bugs including one blocking during the run of BG1, on the other hand I had mods and I can't say if they are the cause or not:
    - After beating Sarevok in the ducal palace and having him teleported, Sarevok's dialogue is not triggered nor Belt's one to teleport the group to the thieves' guild.
    - Tremain's Son, after giving him the child's body and speaking a second time, either he has forgotten that I gave him the body or he asks to wait until he casts the spell and then he doesn't do/say anything anymore.
    - In the Cloud Peaks area during the Rasaad quest, if I don't kill the group at the entrance and I go directly to see Gamaz in the same area, after the fight I have a dialogue that goes round and round. And it's even worse when I enter the Dark Moon Monastery Interior. I have the same bug in 2.5 but maybe because the save is too far away.

I tested to load the saves on a 2.5 version with and without the mods and in both cases I was able to overcome 2 out of 3 bugs.
    I play in French version.

000000029-Sarevock
    1. Load the attached save file.
    2. Speak to Belt.
    3. Hit Sarevok until he runs away

Observed:
    Nothing happen.

Expected:
    Sarevok speaks before fleeing and Belt speaks after the combat phase

Notes:
    Works on 2.5

000000030-Tremain's Son
    2. Speak to Tremain 2 times.

Observed:
    Either he has forgotten that I gave him the body or he asks to wait until he casts the spell and then he doesn't do/say anything anymore

Expected:
    Tremain resurrect his son and speaks to you

Notes:
    Works on 2.5

000000031-Cloud Peak
    2. Move north until the dialogue begins
    3. Kill them all

Observed:
    After the combat phase, a dialogue is triggered in a loop.

Expected:
    Nothing

Notes:
    To fix the bug I went back to the entrance of the area before going north and killing all the acolytes there
    edited February 2021
    Hi there @Jinashi. Make sure you're using a really clean install with no files left in the override folder.

I just loaded your Sarevok save - the Belt initiated his dialogue at once.

oov6bb2uyq61.png

Please note the MGoI spell on Liia Jannath. In the base game, she doesn't have that spell memorized, but in the screenshot she has it, so in your version, a mod, most likely, SCS, caused it.

This brings me to the 2nd issue, with Tremain. In the base game, he has that Raise Dead spell. In your save, he doesn't have it. My idea is that a mod changed his spells and thus he can't cast it. We haven't been able to repro the Tremain problem in a game with no mods.

The 3rd issue might be related to https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1160272/#Comment_1160272 , which is already fixed in our next internal build, but we'll check.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hi there @Jinashi. Make sure you're using a really clean install with no files left in the override folder.

I just loaded your Sarevok save - the Belt initiated his dialogue at once.

oov6bb2uyq61.png

Please note the MGoI spell on Liia Jannath. In the base game, she doesn't have that spell memorized, but in the screenshot she has it, so in your version, a mod, most likely, SCS, caused it.

This brings me to the 2nd issue, with Tremain. In the base game, he has that Raise Dead spell. In your save, he doesn't have it. My idea is that a mod changed his spells and thus he can't cast it. We haven't been able to repro the Tremain problem in a game with no mods.

The 3rd issue might be related to https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1160272/#Comment_1160272 , which is already fixed in our next internal build, but we'll check.

I would also like to add that some mods can change save files permanently. Even if you uninstall the mods from your game, your save files may still carry some of the effects of those mods. Certain things, such as game areas and the creatures already spawned in them, will not change after being created, even if your installation changes. Things such as this will only be "refreshed" when you create an entirely new game.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2021
    Oky, that's good news.
    For @Tresset's remark, I know that a save can be corrupted but the reason why I had to put the first 2 is that I don't have a bug loading them on a 2.5 unmodified, but maybe on a 2.6 unmodified they work very well too, which seems to be the case for Tremain, I haven't tested.
This discussion has been closed.