Skip to content

Tranzig Voice Acting

I just stumbled across this, I dont remember it being in the original. But Tranzig's voice sounds like it is a very poor quality recording (in comparison to all the other voices), like it was done into a cheap microphone and not in a recording studio.
Does anyone know if it was recovered audio from the original or new stuff? It seems strange and very out of place.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2017
    The Tranzig character sounds were there in the original BG1.

It could be from the same recordings as for VOIC[1-6]. Those sound like "playtest" voice sets (Check out VOIC1H in NearInfinity or DLTCEP. :smile: ).
  • tuncofgraylaketuncofgraylake Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, the voice acting for Tranzig sounds really poor. I don't think it was being used in the original BG as I also didn't recall hearing it. Perhaps it was put into use together with the changes made for BGEE.

I'd like to add that I'd rather not have this voice for Tranzig because it was bad enough to hurl me out of the game and find this forum post. Maybe it could be remade with a professional voice actor hired by the mighty Beamdog? One can only dream...
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    If I remember right, tranzig's voiceover is that of a developer at the time who wanted a little cameo (not an actor).

it's basically more of an easter egg than something meant to fit in or impress you.

either way, if you know what you're doing tranzig is completely optional and many players never even get to see him.
    Aerakar
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, the voice acting for Tranzig sounds really poor. I don't think it was being used in the original BG as I also didn't recall hearing it. Perhaps it was put into use together with the changes made for BGEE.

I'd like to add that I'd rather not have this voice for Tranzig because it was bad enough to hurl me out of the game and find this forum post. Maybe it could be remade with a professional voice actor hired by the mighty Beamdog? One can only dream...

Tranzig did indeed use the same voiced lines in the originals, however they were poorly balanced for volume, often too quiet to hear. The only change Beamdog made to these lines was boosting their volume so they could actually be heard. The quality of the recordings were unchanged.
    AerakarArvia