Skip to content

[mod] Foundling: Between the Shades

1235»

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi, I noticed that if you disintegrate the shadow dragon before dialogue starts Foundling does not appear.
  • imp51096454imp51096454 Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2020
    @LavaDelVortel
    Hello!This is a wonderful MOD, excepts for a few bugs I have witnessed:
    ****SPOILER WARNING!****
    1.L#inna the ability to create a magical sword for shadow adept, lacks description, which results in "invalid string" in game when you want to see the detail of this ability.
    2.L#fou4, #fou3, ambient animations in these area lacks "blend" tag, as well as the animation of a growing flower in L#Fou0.bcs (when you put the ivory seed in the pool), resulting in black borders around them.
    3.L#ADV3, the leader of a team in the area where you can activate a portal by returning two stone eyes to a statue, lacks an animation for her to leave the area with her two male companions.
    4.(MOST IMPORTANT) In the final battle against the resurrected shadow dragon, foundling in L#FCUT1.bcs was deactivated, but still remained in the area, when using AOE, foundling will get hurt and turn hostile
    PS:These problems are probably attributed to the engine I am using: BGII:EE IOS version 2.4.17
    Post edited by imp51096454 on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    edited November 2020
    One minor thing that may or may not cause problems. The Clasweap.2da definition in install.tph is missing a column for SPIKED which shows
    //CLASWEAP.2DA
    //               S L   M
    //               _ _   I
    //               S S B S     S
    //               W W L S     P
    //               O O U I B A E
    //               R R N L O X A
    //               D D T E W E R
    ~LSHADO          1 0 1 1 0 0 0~

• ArianorrArianorr Member Posts: 15
    Hi LavaDelVortel, Im stuck in the cold area, I killed grey hag, but the ivory witch still dont want to let me pass trought ice wall, she is still speaking like grey hag would be alive, can you help me with that?
  • ArianorrArianorr Member Posts: 15
    I've found it already,but thank you anywhere for the another amazing mod ;)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Sure, enjoy! I'm glad you managed to solve the problem.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    Hi, great mod as always.

I tried to help Foundling as fast as I could, but he still ended with 3 HP loss.

The plot was a little predictable but very enjoyable nevertheless.

I finished the main quest, but the journal entry didn't update to Done Quests.

I will put a screenshot later.
    Sure. I'm happy you had some fun.
    Cheers!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @LavaDelVortel
    How compatible are Weasel Mods with 2.6? I'd like a readme note saying with which versions they're compatible (2.5 or/and 2.6) so more people are satisfied.

Thankee!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Endarire so instead of Lava working on actual technical updates you want him to spend time doing updates with readme notes? For all his mods?
    LOL
    Just as jastey said: no. There are 45 mods available at Weasel mods. I won't be updating mods only to update readme files and I haven't tested every single mod with 2.6 version of the game myself.

While I always try to update mods as often as possible, this is not my full-time job. Seriously.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Endarire wrote: »
    @LavaDelVortel
    How compatible are Weasel Mods with 2.6? I'd like a readme note saying with which versions they're compatible (2.5 or/and 2.6) so more people are satisfied.

Thankee!

Can't you at least try to install them to see if installation is going without error instead of assuming it isn't compatible with 2.6? In case there will be an error you can always take an effort to report it to mod author/maintainer.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    i play with many @LavaDelVortel 's mods on BGEE and BG2EE 2.6 since months, without meeting any specific bugs.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    I have a question: I'm planning to go straight to Imoen once I'm out of the dungeon, so I would like to avoid taking any quest, including the one with Foundling.

Could I summon Foundling via cheat and bring him with me to Brynnlaw? Or would it be too dangerous, when I'm going to do the shadow dragon quest?

I don't think it's going to work smoothly. His quest is vital and he suffers permanent penalties until you actually finish his quest. Besides, that wouldn't make much sense, as you can't even join him during the conversation, not until the dragon is dead.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    Thanks.

1) Do I remember wrong, or you consider Foundling your Magnus opus? I think that for "complexity" Hephernaan takes the crown, with all the new items and the deal part. In fact, I think that currently Hephernaan is the best evil npc mod you've made.

2) Said the above, you may not imagine it, but the npc mod I really enjoy the most from the one you've made is
    Varshoon. I just feel sad that it's not as meaty as your most recent releases are. I would be curious to go into an alternative universe where Varshoon is the last npc mod you've made, to see the differences between the current version and the alternative one

I considered Foundling one of my best NPCs for years, but people change and while many of my older mods always have a special place in my heart, I think I like my newer NPCs more. Xzele, Dvaradime, Lhannd, Skie (from the Cost mod)... The truth is that pure mage was never my favorite thing to write, I suppose there are still some that like my Walahnan, but he has this comedic part.

Foundling is still cool, but I think it's kind of visible the idea was born before EE. Anyway, I like to return to him from time to time. Complexity-wise, however, the new ones are just written differently. On the other hand, creating Foundling was quite a learning opportunity.

As for Varshoon... I think he was never my favorite... Heh. It's cool for one run, and that would be all, I guess :)