Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    @Wise_Grimwald for SoD, you can get back Imoen fairly quickly with Jastey mod "Imoen forever" (the sod component). It felt natural and in character. Imoen can cover thief and mage. You can add Sirene NPC mod who is a paladin (special kit, quite nice) and is quite popular from what I have seen.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    ...until I realised that I will shortly have Jaheira who I think has restoration spells.

Restoration is cleric only. Jaheira doesn't have it in her spellbook.

On the other hand - are scrolls of (lesser) restoration available in SoD? Because in BG2, they're considerably cheaper than the temple service of restoration. And anyone can use them.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    @alice_ashpool I know exactly what you mean, a screenshot just before activating the last menhir.

j89utujcwx50.jpg

Now THAT is what I call cutting it fine!
    I'm getting the heebie geebies just looking at that screenshot!
    Grond0Aerakar
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2021
    imo if she ever uses her axe then you are playing M'Khiin wrong but as far as good weapons go in vanilla there is Two handed sword, short sword, scimitar and staff from bg1 which have a +3 enchantment... most the SoD weapons are +2 or have weird exceptions

@jmerry yes Sod has scrolls of restoration and raise dead which can be cast by any Druid, Ranger, Cleric or Sharman with enough intelligence i.e, not Boo ... this is why I make sure to grab the 10 raise dead scrolls before leaving the gate mate
    Grond0EnuhalWise_Grimwald
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2021
    taking my time

I been having a good look around for extra party members and even managed some flirt but the good folk are unhappy about having a goblin share 'their' camp so I executed it for moral
    a9gsr1fjbwqm.png
    1sd1hxjkx92y.png
    390elcw9amdp.png
    Post edited by ussnorway on
    AerakarGrond0EnuhalArvia
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2021
    Enuhal wrote: »
    @alice_ashpool Impressive work. Hope to see you succeed in SoA+ToB - you certainly have the patience, knowledge and willingness to go all out on consumables to do so :smile: Also, the Dark Moon Monk is one of the kits still missing in the Hall of Heroes, so I'd be especially happy to see a successful run here!
    Thanks, Anastasia representing for Baldur's Gate's very maligned Monks.

Looking forward, finally, to the uncapped power-level increase of the Dark Moon Monk.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0Enuhal
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Corey_Russell Poor Jaheira. :'(
    Corey_RussellArvia
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Now, the next transition "should" be the suna sei one...
    The waylay encounters come in a fixed order. Their chances to happen on any given transit are random.
    Noticing she had two invisibility potions Anastasia took a calculated risk and stealthed in to Pai'Na, stealing the loun stone and invisi-potioning out.
    You can actually take the stone without breaking stealth at all if you're careful - stand on top of the container and pick it up from the inventory. This works for many other containers as well, but it's particularly easy for floor containers that don't block pathing like this.
    Grond0