Skip to content

[MOD] "Heroes, Thieves and Moneylenders" - Banter/Quest/Romance Mod for BG2!

Comments

• Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Endarire, unfortunately, I don't know how to use Google-docs. If someone does this, I do not mind, but now the texts can be taken in the tra/English folder and edited with any text editor.
    The archive with the mod has been updated! Thanks to contralexical, the text of the files ANtroll.tra, ANtob.tra and ANtradmt.tra (additional proofreading) has been proofreaded and checked against the Russian original!
    The archive with the mod has been updated! Thanks to contralexical, the text of the file ANslums.tra has been proofreaded and checked against the Russian original!
    edited February 2021
    The archive with the mod has been updated! 
    • Thanks to contralexical, the text of the file ANspellh.tra has been proofreaded!
    • Added two additional lines (one was previously written, but was not coded by mistake, and the second, in the ANslums.tra file, is created now)
    • Thanks to the Endarire's instructions I was able to upload the mod to GitHub! Added a link to the latest version in the first post of this thread!
    • Almost all English versions of the mod's texts are proofread, except for ANsiren.tra, ANpirat.tra, ANsahua.tra, ANplanar.tra and setup.tra! :)
    Mod updated!
    Thanks to contralexical, the text of the files ANsiren.tra, ANplanar.tra, ANsahua.tra has been proofreaded!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Austin87 wrote: »
    marcnivar wrote: »
    May I confirm, does this MOD add interjections and reactions of EE added NPCs (like Neera, Rasaad) to the main quests and side quests as well? I wanted to use them but always gave up because they won't really react to quests in Chapter 2.
    Hello! Thanks for your feedback!
    Yes, there are reactions for Rasaad, Wilson, Neera and Dorn, although not too many.
    Also in component 2, a mini-quest for Neera in the bank was added (if there is Imoen in the group, then she will receive this mini-quest, not Neera).
    In component 3, dialogues with Dorn (and Rasaad, especially) regarding the PC's romance with Aran also includes, after which romances with Dorn or Rasaad will be terminated if the player prefers Aran. Of course, there are also dialogues with Anomen in this case.

There is no new content only for Hexxat, because none of the authors of the mod knew her character well.

thats nice to hear. one of my issues with the ee npcs in bg 2 is how silent they are. it's understandable in bg 1 as no one had banters in vanilla.

but in 2 unless it was thier romances or quests they are mostly silent compared to even the vanilla npcs who have something to say for almost every quest..
    i was installing this and got this:

Unable to Unlink [HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    edited March 2021
    megamike15 wrote: »

Unable to Unlink [HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "HerThiMoney/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

I have now checked - and all the components of the mod are installed without errors, on both versions (classic and EE). Judging by the text of the error, the problem is that the mod was reinstalled and some files were not completely deleted, because the "backup" folder is used only in one case - to restore the original files after deleting the mod. That is, if there is a call to the Backup folder, it means that the mod has already been installed and has not been completely removed.

Do the following:
    1) Uninstall the mod and delete all old mod files from the Override folder
    2) Download the latest version of the mod: https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/archive/main.zip
    3) Reinstall the mod - the error will disappear.
    edited March 2021

I have now checked - and all the components of the mod are installed without errors, on both versions (classic and EE). Judging by the text of the error, the problem is that the mod was reinstalled and some files were not completely deleted, because the "backup" folder is used only in one case - to restore the original files after deleting the mod. That is, if there is a call to the Backup folder, it means that the mod has already been installed and has not been completely removed.

Do the following:
    1) Uninstall the mod and delete all old mod files from the Override folder
    2) Download the latest version of the mod: https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/archive/main.zip
    3) Reinstall the mod - the error will disappear.

but this is the first time i have ever installed the mod.

edit: did a fresh install. and it just refuses to install compnant 1. and this is after i have installed all my other npcs mods before it.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
    edited March 2021

edit: did a fresh install. and it just refuses to install compnant 1. and this is after i have installed all my other npcs mods before it.
    It is very strange. Please send me the full .debug-file that appears in the game folder after this error. On my version of the game the mod is installed without problems, other users did not report this either. Perhaps there is an incompatibility with some mod from the your assembly, but in order to check this, I need a full debug file.
    edited March 2021
    Mod updated!
    Thanks to contralexical, the text of the file ANpirat.tra has been proofread!
    Post edited by Austin87 on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Austin87
    The correct term is "proofread." (In English, "proofread" is accurate for present tense and past tense.)
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Austin87
    The correct term is "proofread." (In English, "proofread" is accurate for present tense and past tense.)
    I'm understood, thank you! :) It means that Google-Translate incorrectly translated this phrase.

It is very strange. Please send me the full .debug-file that appears in the game folder after this error. On my version of the game the mod is installed without problems, other users did not report this either. Perhaps there is an incompatibility with some mod from the your assembly, but in order to check this, I need a full debug file.

sorry got distracted by some stuff. here is the debug file

edited March 2021
    I found the reason for the error! It is caused by the Gavin BG2 mod - for some reason it conflicts with the first and third HTaM's components. I am currently trying to find the conflicting block and fix this issue. Thanks so much for reporting the bug, megamike!

Post edited by Austin87 on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Austin87
    Was there some conflict with de'Arnise Keep? Roxanne's EET Install Tool said various mods conflicted with each other over de'Arnise keep.
    edited March 2021
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Austin87
    Was there some conflict with de'Arnise Keep? Roxanne's EET Install Tool said various mods conflicted with each other over de'Arnise keep.
    No, this conflict (which was discussed above) is not connected with the DeArnis Keep, but with the fact that the HTaM mod code contains a function that conflicts with Gavin BG2 mod. Now tipun is looking for a way to solve this problem.
    Regarding the problem with Gavin mod and Reunion mod, it is better to check with the authors of this mod.
    New version - 2.4!

• Fixed the repeated start of the same dialogue of Korgan about his debt (it started in the case of a combat solution to the problem with his duty and replaced the correct dialogue, which led to problems)
    • Fixed an issue due to which, after killing Owney, sometimes the exit from the location did not appear
    • Fixed the problem that a random encounter associated with Korgan's debt could start without his presence in the party, if he was excluded from the party after the start of the quest (which led to bugs)
    • Fixed minor bugs with Sheila
    • All files of the English translation that have been proofread recently have been added, only the setup.tra file remains unread
    • The conflict between the first component of the HTaM mod and the "Gavin BG2" mod has been removed, now they will be installed together! The conflict with the third component will be removed later.

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/archive/main.zip
    New version - 2.5!

• Added full compatibility with the "Gavin BG2" mod. Previously, when installing these mods together, there was an installation error. Now all the components of the mod will be installed as expected. Thanks megamike15 for pointing out this issue!
    • Reworked the riddle in the quest "MaeVar's Stash", now it should be easier to solve, including in English. The answers to the riddle will still be 5 digits, but different, and the principle of guessing has changed.

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.2.5
    MOD UPDATED!
    Many corrections have been made to the English texts, thanks for the proofreading Guest Raelis!
    Fixed several bugs after the last update.
    Everything should be all right now.
    https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM
    Mod has been updated to version 2.6!

Fixed several bugs (including bugs with sahuagins's quest and the lack of a magic lamp image on some versions of the game)!

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases
    edited March 2021
    seems something in the new update screwed up component 2 as now that won't install but the rest do.

and there was never an issue with that one before as i stated in the previous bug report.

edit: nvm i must have downloaded 2.5 by mistake.

Post edited by megamike15 on
    edit: nvm i must have downloaded 2.5 by mistake.
    Yes, you need to use the latest version, in the previous one there were several mistakes that I made because of the rush )

Updated to version 2.7!
    • Improved English translation (ANstash.tra file, thanks contralexical for proofreading!)
    • Added Faldorn's interjection (from Smiling Imp's "BG1 NPC in BG2" mod) to the dialogue with Owney (ANheist.tra)
    • Fixed Russian version of ANstash.tra file
    Mod updated! The version remains the same (2.7).
    • proofread the English text in the ANheist.tra file (thanks to contralexical)
    • added a code that will allow you to see new animations in the second component of the mod and on the "classic" version of the game, if the Infinity Animations mod is installed at the same time. Thanks to TotoR!
    • fixed the image of the magic lamp from the Aran's quest on the "classic" version, added a "description" image of the lamp
    edited April 2021
  • AriaAria Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I'm enjoying this mod very much (really love the bank quests and the romance) but I have a bug with Edwin that is caused by this mod. His interjection as soon as you get to the Underdark is repeating nonstop. I tried my save with component 1 uninstalled and now I'm able to continue the game. I don't think it is because of other mods because I uninstalled everything except this one and the bug kept happening until I uninstalled component 1.
    edited April 2021
    Aria wrote: »
    Hi! I'm enjoying this mod very much (really love the bank quests and the romance) but I have a bug with Edwin that is caused by this mod. His interjection as soon as you get to the Underdark is repeating nonstop. I tried my save with component 1 uninstalled and now I'm able to continue the game. I don't think it is because of other mods because I uninstalled everything except this one and the bug kept happening until I uninstalled component 1.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for reporting the bug! You are right, I accidentally specified the wrong variable in this dialog. I'll fix it now and update the mod!

To solve this problem without reinstalling the mod, you can open the console and write the following command:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ANedwinUnderdark","GLOBAL",3)

After that, this dialog will no longer appear.