Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    @Wise_Grimwald so you cast the web that killed you... I know the feeling because I cast the fireball that ended my evil run

good luck with the pally mate
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 Ah, but how did she shut him up, by killing him, or by behaving like a nymph?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @Grond0 Ah, but how did she shut him up, by killing him, or by behaving like a nymph?

He saved against an initial hold monster - but not a follow-up hold person ...
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited March 2021
    Grond0 said...
    but Russell made a comment about potential problems with vampires..

Yes, as in you know, NOT pay Galen Bayle that moment. Then we don't have to fight vampires. The vampires aren't a problem if we hold off paying Galen.
    Grond0ussnorwayWise_Grimwald
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    @Wise_Grimwald For goblin PCs here is a summary someone did of the 2nd edition Complete Book of Humanoids:

goblin PCs start with -1 to both Strength and Charisma. They need a minimum of 4 Strength, 4 Dexterity and Constitution 5. Strength is capped at 15, Dexterity at 17, Constitution at 16 and Charisma at 12. They can become 10th level Fighters, 9th level Clerics, 7th level Shamans and Witch Doctors, and 12th level Thieves. They have Infravision to 60 feet and the ability to detect new or unusual underground construction 25% of the time (1 or 2 on 1d8), but suffer a -1 penalty to attack rolls when in bright sunshine. A goblin shaman has access to the Spheres of Divination, Reversed Healing, Protection, and Reversed Sun.
    ArviaAerakarWise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hello !

I decided to try a no reload run for the first time.
    Welcome and good luck B).
    To my surprise, I can't ressurrect Branwen, although she is still in my party with the portrait grayed out. What can prevent a ressurrection ?

Assuming you actually had the cash to pay for it, you should have been able to raise her. You could try using ctrl+R if you've got console commands enabled - that should remove any negative effects on her that might be interfering.
    TrouveurWise_GrimwaldArvia
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Trouveur When an NPC is killed, pick up the equipment and put it in a nearby container. [A cupboard or chest] That stops you losing it. The wand of ice should only be used when the enemy has a lot of HP otherwise you can indeed lose their equipment. {There is a mod that stops that happening but I choose not to use it} No reloads is indeed a different kettle of fish, but nowadays I wouldn't play any other way. It makes success so much more sweet. :)
    TrouveurArviaAerakar
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    @Trouveur When an NPC is killed, pick up the equipment and put it in a nearby container. [A cupboard or chest] That stops you losing it. The wand of ice should only be used when the enemy has a lot of HP otherwise you can indeed lose their equipment. {There is a mod that stops that happening but I choose not to use it} No reloads is indeed a different kettle of fish, but nowadays I wouldn't play any other way. It makes success so much more sweet. :)
    The strange thing is that Minsc's stuff immediatly disappeared. I suspect a level 10 Chromatic Orb which petrify, but then why was Minsc killed and not petrify ?
    Yeah, I will remember to not use Ice Wand unless emergency cases.