Skip to content

Chatty Imoen

13»

Comments

• mannymansteinmannymanstein Member Posts: 4
    @AstroBryGuy

Really enjoying the interjections from Imoen, thanks for a great mod !
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2019
    Nvm, solved my issue... :wink:
    Post edited by Fina92 on
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Hello! Add Russian translation, please!
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    @AstroBryGuy is there a way to reduce the rate of Imoen's chats? I don't mind modifying files locally if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    I hope that maybe even more chats will be added to Imoen someday.

I want her to turn into a real chatterbox!!!! :smiley:
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @AstroBryGuy @Austin87 I made a pull request for Russian translation: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/ChattyImoen/pull/2

This version can also be downloaded from my fork until it is considered in the original package:

v1.4 (jastey's edit with Russian version by Austin): temporary download (download master)
    Changelog:
    -Added Russian translation (by Austin)
    -Fixing installation error on Tutu with TotSC (by Erg)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Continuing my journey on my EET modlist.

I did a BGEE playthrough two years ago and Imoen was speaking all the time... I guess it comes from this mod and i got used to it: i made some tests recently and Imoen was way too quiet !!!

I understand that this mod expands Imoen's voice set and adds interaction banters (non dialog banters / the running comments NPCs make to each other in BG1). So not doing the same job as BG1NPC Project.

Would you recommend other mods that synergise well with this mod ?

There are many mods concerning Imoen for the BG2 part (Imoen Frienship, 4ever...). Just for confirmation in an EET installation : any interference with Chatty imoen to expect ?

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Shouldn't, but my current EET run with ChattyImoen and I4E and Imoen Friendship hasn't reached BG2 yet.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Shouldn't, but my current EET run with ChattyImoen and I4E and Imoen Friendship hasn't reached BG2 yet.

Was feeling stupid asking the question as Chatty Imoen works in the BG1 part and, bothe I4E and Imoen Friensdship are BG2 mods.

Thanks for the confirmation.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2022
    I added the mod to my current BG:EE run and I am really enjoying the aditonal lines from Imoen. I don't have that much experience with BG:EE from the playing POV but I do notice more remarks from Imoen regarding frequency and variety both from what I remember.
    This is a really nice mod for people like me who like having Imoen around (and, like her BG1 voice and soundset). Thanks for creating it!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Thanks for the kind words, @jastey!

• VithVith Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    @AstroBryGuy The link to github gives a 404 error. It was working a few weeks ago. Not sure if there is any problem or the account has been removed on purpose, making the mod inaccessible.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Yes, we're aware, the community's on providing a solution. Give us more time.
  • VithVith Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    Sure not in a hurry, just letting you know, thanks. I thought it was strange that the whole github account was gone, not just the file.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    Vith wrote: »
    Sure not in a hurry, just letting you know, thanks. I thought it was strange that the whole github account was gone, not just the file.

In the meantime Chatty Imoen is available here.