Skip to content

Any way to fix black lines across large sprites w/ Linear Scaling?

DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
I really prefer the linear scaling, the nearest neighbor makes the sprites look too pixelated for high resolutions, but with Linear Scaling on I get black lines across large sprites such as dragons, moving water, etc. Is there any way to fix this? Does everyone see this or is it just with certain setups or graphics cards? I have Nvidia, are there any settings I can enable to fix this?

Also, will this be fixed in the next patch? Is this a known issue they're working on?

Edit: You can see what I'm talking about here, look at the horizontal and vertical lines on the dragon. It's much more noticeable in game when he's moving. https://imgur.com/rdERQqI

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i lack of any knowledge about what you are asking so i can not help you.
    i post only to say that looking at the linked screenshot it seems that ALL your party is in the process of being level drained by the big sprite with the black lines...
    :D
    i know that you have to pack them together to have the haste working on everybody, but why right in front of the lizard, instead of in a safe place while a summon acts as meat shield?
    ;)
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    I'm not fighting the dragon here, I just went there to take a screenshot.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    It is definitely known, as I recall people complaining about it since the dawn of 2.0. I do not know whether it is on the book of work, though— @JuliusBorisov do you know?

...and at the cost of sounding like the broken record I know I am, Catmull-Rom never had this problem (and still wouldn’t if brought back.)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hi there!

The bug "There should be no horizontal seams in sprites" is a known issue and it's still being worked on.
    Oh ok, so it'll be fixed with an update then? I guess I'll just turn on Nearest Neighbor in the meantime then. Thanks for the info.
    @JuliusBorisov Is this "horizontal seams in sprites" issue fixed in 2.6 or is this still being worked on?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Still being worked on.