Skip to content

[mod] Tales of the Deep Gardens

2»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Sorry for the delay in response. I think C:SetGlobal("DeepGardenTasks","GLOBAL",0) should let you restart the first talk and since you have the items, you should be able to continue... I think... It's been almost 10 years since I coded this.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Thank you !

I'm currently visiting Innershade... ;-)
    Enjoy your visit! :)
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    I talked to the "Troubled Man" to get his quest and then proceeded to talk to *everyone* in the caves and I cannot find a "Man wearing yellow"

did it bug out because I killed the red wraith first?
    No. He's a bit harder to find.
    ARLDV1.jpg
    He's marked as "I" and stands above the buildings. You can access that part near "L"
    (image source: Children of Bhaal forums)
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    No. He's a bit harder to find.
    ARLDV1.jpg
    He's marked as "I" and stands above the buildings. You can access that part near "L"
    (image source: Children of Bhaal forums)

thanks, Lava :)
    You're welcome!
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Do you have a link to a walkthrough?
    Never heard of any other than the Polish one. Polish walkthrough is available at Children of Bhaal forums/website.
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    UOLegacy wrote: »
    Do you have a link to a walkthrough?

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41743-walkthrough-tips/
    Brief but should be what you're looking for.
    I think UOLegacy wanted something more than that. What you posted is already included in the mod, in the +Documents+ directory.
  • zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    I can't for the life of me find all the itens that crazy mage wants for me to start this mod even with the tips form the readme. I have only finded the wine and the skull.

Someone PLEASE can give me the itens codes so I can console fu this goose chase?
    edited November 2021
    All the items are marked here:
    http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/totdg/solucja-totdg

But if you have problems with that part, you may have problems with riddles in the Gardens areas, too, so... If you give up so quickly, during the very first part, then maybe that's not a quest mod for you. CConsoling items it's a huge cheat. Feels like CTR+Y bosses...
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2021
    All the items are marked here:
    http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/totdg/solucja-totdg

But if you have problems with that part, you may have problems with riddles in the Gardens areas, too, so... If you give up so quickly, during the very first part, then maybe that's not a quest mod for you. CConsoling items it's a huge cheat. Feels like CTR+Y bosses...

Haha Lava you won't believe. I was doing everything wrong. I was searching for the itens BEFORE talking to the crazy wizard! I am not suprised that I couldn't find them!

And you were wrong, sir. Just finished the mod and ONLY used the walkthrough to find the amber color. Loved it like all your mods!

PS: Just a little question: Is there any way to change my character hair color to normal? I choose the golden "tatoo" and it is really weird with the jet black hair portrait lol
    There is no normal way, this is how to show your bond with the Color of your choice. You can only download some editor like NearInfinity, open that's save's main file and edit that character. I don't remember if EE Keeper allows you to change/remove effects from characters and changing the color alone may not be enough. You'd need to check that.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 4
    This is my first time playing with this mod and I didn’t realize until it was too late that I shouldn’t have talked to the mysterious wizard so early, starting the 3 day countdown to be able to do the mod. I completed the riddle and did other quests, but now it’s been more than 3 days and he won’t talk to me. Is there a file I can edit or console command to reset his timer?
    IIRC, you should use this console code - C:SetGlobal("DeepGardenTasks","GLOBAL",0)
    This will reset the quest, talk to him again then.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 4
    Update, setting the global tasks to 0 let me talk to him again, but would've let me talk again to hand in the quest items, he was just stuck on 2. I ended up setting the tasks to 3 and that teleported me to the start of the quest, taking the quest items, and seems to have worked!
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2023
    I'm playing through TotDG after a very long break, and have managed to pick up the first 7 colours. Then I got a bit stumped. I checked the walkthrough / hints in the documents folder and ...
    I found out I needed to do a quest for someone called Senex. I've gone through all the areas and talked to absolutely everyone i've found at least three or four times but I can't find Senex.

Can anyone help me?
    Senex, IIRC, is standing in a small "house" in the middle of the main area of the Deep Gardens :) The entrance is a bit shadowed.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Thanks once again for your help. I found the door - my eyesight and co-ordintation are a lot better today, and knowing the area to search helped a lot.
    Just finished the mod and enjoyed it hugely. I loved the mood, the dialogue and most of all the music.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Question- is the Green Bark's duration permanent or is there a set duration? The item description doesn't say one way or the other
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Also, in the final dialogue, you might want to swap out the Khalid reference if they're playing with your Khalid mod

Otherwise, I still find this a very fun mod
    IIRC, the bark effect is permanent. As for the reference: this mod was released like... 9 years before Khalid. Heh, I didn't even remember there was such a reference there. Will check it at some point.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    Tales of the Deep Gardens was super-confusing on first play through.

I eventually found the polish walk-through and the english translation,
    and after a while it is now easy to play through. It's actually a good mod,
    but super-confusing still. I guess english was not the first language of the
    author at the time of writing?

The White Queen mod is in general, IMO, of higher quality. Tales of the
    Deep Gardens is quite nice though; I like the "I'll never forget this dream"
    part. Lava seems to like that theme, see Innershade. :)

Tales of the Deep Gardens has fun items. I love the teddybear! Edwin always
    carries it for roleplay reason: this big bad boy holding and hugging a teddy bear
    is hilarious. The rose is also nice, protecting against backstab AND poison can
    be helpful in other quests, and it is a very stylish item.

> Whats is the variable timer on this one please

I think four days or so. You have to wait a half day for the guy obtaining the
    stuff from the graveyeard or so. I usually only start the quest if I can easily
    run to the NPCs that I have to visit. So I tend to clear other areas first usually,
    especially graveyard district.

By the way Lava, if you ever have spare time again in the future, perhaps
    you can create a smaller cross-mod that combines your Dark Tides series
    e. g. Ravenloft, with the older Colours of Infinity series. Perhaps a dream
    episode for people who solved both Tales of the Deep Garden, also have
    the Innershade guy, and solved the Ravenloft mod too. So kind of an
    add-on mod based on dreams and stuff; you can perhaps re-use some
    parts of the MODs depending on player choices made too. Anyway I know
    time is a limited resource so this is just an idea, if you ever decide to stick
    around in the future too. (And, if you ever find the time, perhaps you can
    publish on github a "how to create add-ons" document in english and
    put it on spellhold studio github page or somewhere, so others can read
    it, learn it and apply it to make mods. Right now learning how to create
    mods is a bit frustrating, one has to find tons of info in different places
    which is tedious.)