Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• JabberwockJabberwock Member Posts: 75
    jmerry wrote: »
    Jabberwock wrote: »
    Jon 1 wasn't too bad. At some point he seems to have gotten 100 poison immunity, so he can no longer be trivially bullied with cloudkill. He also seemed to resist dispel from the SoM - not sure what was going on there.

For the poison immunity - minimum HP items all grant it. If the creature has something to say before they can die, they have one of those items and they're immune to poison. Irenicus on the tree is one such case.

As for resisting the dispel ... he's level 30. 50% chance.

Then again, I usually just set some traps for that encounter - he's such an obvious target. Did you use up your daily traps on earlier encounters in Suldanesselar?

Also, Carsomyr still dispels at level 30 on every hit. Did you install some mod that specifically nerfs it?

Late getting back to you here, but thanks for the comment on poison immunity.

I did use traps, but I try to avoid using traps if I think they are going to hit an enemy before they can prebuff. So I had two time traps a screen or so away from Jon, which I used to clear at least one of the planetars he summoned.

Re: Carsomyr, I have the SCS nerf which I believe keeps the level 30 dispel, but adds a save vs. spell check. I personally don't like this change, but it means that SoM is a much better dispel weapon as it does not have the save vs. spell check.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited May 2021
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Coreranger X and his band of rangers - FINAL Update!

I feel so embarrassed! I was playing my game late at night and was on the top level of Irenicus dungeon. I absently mindly moved forward instead of moving to the pedestals and using the keys to disarm the traps - a huge number of fireballs landed on the party and killed Coreranger X - who was already wasn't full health as he had to trip the large trap on the bridge.

I always figured traps would be the undoing of a party of rangers, just didn't expect that to happen so soon...

Back to the drawing board! Doh!

My condolences. Lack of sleep is a nasty enemy!
    Corey_RussellAerakarWise_GrimwaldOrlonKronsteen
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    I have put Tisiphone the Sorceress on hold before the Dukes. It felt like I was bullying the game, rather than the game bullying me as it should be. Messing aroundd with the Improved Heart of Fury mod for Icewind Dale instead which is punishing me terribly.
    Mantis37Wise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    So I rolled up a party of Kensais. 6th spot taken by a thief. Non-kensais can join if a kensai gets chunked since there are no Kensai NPCs. Should be fun - name of my character is Krennum.
    AerakarWise_Grimwald
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    I have put Tisiphone the Sorceress on hold before the Dukes. It felt like I was bullying the game, rather than the game bullying me as it should be. Messing aroundd with the Improved Heart of Fury mod for Icewind Dale instead which is punishing me terribly.

Your posts on it have been quite interesting and informative thanks. I’ll have to try it under some sort of limited reload rules sometime, I’m a bit too addicted to no-reloading to switch to the challenge-beating frame of mind.

Have started doing no reloads of modded Icewind Dale and Baldur’s Gate. The former is just a chance to try the new npcs, the latter has been quite fun due to some surprising new content and the very random approach taken by the CN protagonist Fall. He’s a half elven F/M Hexblade (Might & Guile), who randomises most of his decisions concerning quests & party composition. As a result he hasn’t yet visited the basilisk area and has worked his way slowly through the early levels. He’s helpful to the common folk but dislikes authority figures & faerie so I suppose he’s in denial of the elven half of his nature. Will have to see how far he can survive... (though if he does go down I think the next party will be an all gnome one!)
    alice_ashpoolCorey_RussellWise_GrimwaldArvia
    @Gate70 You say rep is 20 or so. Is it possible for rep to go above 20 with your set-up. I have unmodded with core rules and rep won't exceed 20.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Wise_Grimwald no 20 is the max, I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention of when we went from 18 to 20.
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited June 2021
    We have taken Xzar, Montaron, Khalid and Jaheira to Nashkel and enlisted Dorn and dumped him after doing his quest.

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Enuhal