Skip to content

Cannot find bandit camp

VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
Tranzig is dead and I have his letter from Tazok. Raiken and Teven are dead. How do I find the bandit camp, now? Peldale and Larswood are so thoroughly searched that I have to keep returning to Beregost to turn in the bandit scalps that Dorn carries.

And it seems that my Tranzig quest did not update. I still need to find him to complete the quest, even though he is dead and his corpse is gone. I found people mentioning this particular bug in 2002, so "yay", I feel validated. How does the clua console work again?

C:CreateCreature("tranzi") works. So I killed him again in Feldepost's Inn and it did not advance the quest. Anyone know how I can do this manually? Maybe I should respawn Raiken or Teven since the valid story route seems to be broken.

Raiken got me into the camp, but the Tranzig quest cannot be completed. I think the SetGlobal command can be used to advance it if I can figure out the name.
Post edited by Vreejack on

Comments

• HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Did you met Elminster in Beregost? Is it not possible to go north in Peldave location?
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    I did meet Elminster, but I believe that is just for flavor, and does not advance the quest. And no, you cannot go north from Peldale without the camp appearing on the map, which does not happen without advancing the Tranzig part of Chapter 3.
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    Anyone know how do properly advance the quest so that all the side effects occur? I can probably just find the global variable for quest status and +1 that, but will that clear the quest from the log?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Vreejack are you on 2.5 or 2.6?
    In 2.5 it's the area script where Tranzig was that's supposed to close the quest and reveal the bandit camp area. In 2.6 this is done by an over-script independent on the area.
    In both cases, Tranzig dead should trigger the event.
    What is the variable Global("RevealBandits","GLOBAL") set to in your game after killing Tranzig?
  • DavidADavidA Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2021
    Enable cheats via LUA file (google it) and then teleport there by pressing control and space to open area teleport options
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Isn't there another group of bandits in the area just south of the Friendly Arms? Maybe killing them will advance the quest and open up the camp. Only thing I could think of...
  • TaliesminTaliesmin Member Posts: 4
    Did you speak to Teven in Larswood? After luring his group of bandits to their deaths I spoke to him and he tried to recruit us.