Skip to content

Development Build 8193.21 for NWN:EE - a HUGE beta patch is now available

2»

Comments

• FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Since there wasnt any mention to tyrants of moonsea or any modules in the changelog i was wondering if there will be updates/fixes to them. I have bugs to report from moonsea (not crashes although they were plenty). :P
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Please give us the option to use art assets from Darkness Over Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea like the earlier premium modules. There are some sweet portraits which sadly cannot be used outside of the module.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Aside my post above the one from Pekingduckman i'm curious to know what are the bugs that are preventing the update from being released.
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 63
    @JuliusBorisov Hi Julius. I have the following system:
    mh8mkdisumyx.png
    With an onboard Intel HD Graphics 5500 video card. I have downloaded and installed the latest 8193.21 Development build and I have everything set high without anti-aliasing. My current standard version is:
    ncpx5ptpy2wi.png
    Everything in this version runs fine. When I launch the new Dev version all I get is a purple screen. I cannot see the menu options and am forced to end task through task manager. I am worried that if you move to this new version my game will break and I will not be able to play. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to move back to a previous version of NWN through the Beamdog Client? Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information on this problem.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can you please uninstall all the mod content (eg. shader mods) and try on a clean install? Clear the override folder.
    @JuliusBorisov Question. Does the main install and the development install share all the same files (i.e. Override folder, modules created, etc.)?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited May 2021
    AFAIK They both use the same folders for user made stuff (e.g. hak) but separate folders for BD reserved stuff (e.g. hk).

TR
    So if I uninstall the Development version ONLY, will it delete my module and override folders? if so can I just rename them to something else so the install won't effect them, or should I move them altogether just to be safe?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Your custom content should be in Documents - Neverwinter Nights, right? If so, changing the version or updating to the live/beta build shouldn't affect it. But graphical changes in the build might mean your custom content is no longer compatible.