Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    I too am glad to see everyone at it, and I hope you're all doing well. Most of my play-throughs are still no reloads. Just started one today, in fact - another undead hunter run. As you can see, I'm off to a rather troubling start, breaking my two-hander on Shank. Still, it's better than breaking your two-hander on a rat in Reevor's storehouse, which I have done, so maybe this is a positive thing, looked at in a certain light...
    Because of the danger of that, I have learned from bitter experience to only use staves against the rats. It appears that weapons are more likely to break there than anywhere else.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Because of the danger of that, I have learned from bitter experience to only use staves against the rats. It appears that weapons are more likely to break there than anywhere else.

I have done this in the past as well, but in this run I'm trying to RP to some degree, so my character couldn't know about the iron crisis yet. Also: I currently have Neera in my group. I find myself flirting with danger more and more lately. That said, I've turned the difficulty down a bit to compensate for this style of play.

Grond0AerakarGate70
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,011
    edited May 2021
    @Grond0 Happy Birthday!

On Drizzt, the gnoll trick is no more in the current patch?
    OrlonKronsteen
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,169
    Happy Birthday. Hope you had some fun anyway :).

I’m still enjoying my random run with mods. The CN Fall has just dealt with the bandit camp, and is presently poking around a (mod upgraded) Durlag’s Tower with varying success.
    Grond0OrlonKronsteenGate70Aerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I wondered if the poison would be quite short-lived. Funnily enough, I did look just prior to travelling to Watcher's Keep at the heroism potions on sale in the Copper Coronet (on very rare occasions I use those and potions of power for emergency healing) - but decided they were still a touch too expensive to bother with.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    @Gate70 Shamans can use axes? Does that mean @Grond0 can use Azuredge? Wewa can't because she's evil.
    Gate70
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 474
    @Gate70 Shamans can use axes? Does that mean @Grond0 can use Azuredge? Wewa can't because she's evil.
    Yes they can ! My shaman enjoyed using Azuredge against vampires.
    Gate70Corey_RussellWise_Grimwald
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    We left Xan at the Carnival.

That line made me snicker. The poor soul might even be forced to enjoy himself...
    Grond0AerakarWise_Grimwald
    Kalo dies as a result of being held by a vampiric wolf. It's so long since that happened that I forgot about the danger. :(
    Grond0Mantis37Gate70Arvia
    Just like the previous game but without Helmstaff. Names different. Protagonist called Dal Riada this time. ** in scimitars * in long bows * in dual wielding.
    Grond0Arvia
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,815
    edited June 2021
    On that Black Pits run ... that adventure allows you to fully prebuff for every fight. Having at least one priest type along to buff the party helps a lot, even if there's no need for healing magic when you heal for free every time.

Also, level drain is possible - those spawning portals can make wraiths. You were playing with fire there, since the free healing doesn't reverse that. There are at least scrolls of Greater Restoration available (an infinite supply) at 1200 gold before charisma modifiers.
    Post edited by jmerry on
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldArvia