Skip to content

Fire Salamander long fire damage effect

So the at the Boareskyr Bridge I defeated the waves for fire critters, but one of my guys now has a seemingly endless fire damage effect I'm waiting out. How long is this supposed to last? My guy has taken damage for more than 50 rounds after the critter died and it's still going on...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Sounds odd. Try killing him and raising.
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    I actually re-did this battle since I missed a bunch of content the way I did it... Second time around the fire creatures were not called in.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The salamander's aura continue to function after it is dead (though it should still be limited in range).

The effect is applied by it's weapon (equipped), triggered once/round if a creature is within range (10 ft, ~5 ft), rather than triggered on-hit (as per BG2EE salamanders) or through it's script (as per IWDEE salamanders), which is why the issue doesn't crop up elsewhere.

Either the body or the weapon needs to be disposed of once the creature dies, so that it will no longer trigger.

If the creature is being summoned, the body should be disposed of anyway upon death.
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    @kjeron - I think you got it - I was standing in the same spot for a while which must have been the cause of the problem!