Skip to content

I made a group on Steam for us all. Join it!

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
I titled it "Friends of Infinity," because.

Feel free to join. Figured it'd be an alternate way to try and IM other people here in a more immediate type setting as well as help up people on the forums find other folk from the forums to play whatever it is they wanna play together.

It's public. Anyone can join. If you want mod/officership, just ask and I'll make sure to promote. I don't anticipate any problems but obviously I'll keep an eye on it should this catch on. I want to promote co-operation and all that good fluffy happy stuff.

And a pre-emptive "No one cares if you're anti-Steam" to people who I'm sure will attempt to hijack this thread. The goal is to make a group to help people find other people to play games with, and this was simple and easy to set up. Check your personal opinions about Steam and DRM at the door.
WigglesQuartzmlneveseBrudeBelgarathMTHelminsterLadyEibhilinRhettAristillius

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Robble robble, Steam is bad, robble robble robble.

There, now they can't actually complain cause I did it all for them. :P
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    No complaining that Steam is bad for gaming industry, DRM or a Monopoly? What's the fun in it? ;)

This is a nice idea. If it wasn't so rare for me to even run the Steam client I'd join :)
    Brude
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I would join, but at the moment, there is a message saying Membership by invite only. Plus it doesn't show up on a search of groups in the community tab
    Quartz
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Wiggles said:

Robble robble, Steam is bad, robble robble robble.

There, now they can't actually complain cause I did it all for them. :P

Mambo Jumbo, Steam is water in gas form, Jumbo Mambo!

I'll probably join, sure :)

Wiggles
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Yep - love to join, however it is set to invite only...
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I'd like to join. I'll check out your group when I got time. :)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    edited October 2012
    That's strange it's set to invite only because I'm staring at my screen and it clearly says "Public- Anyone can join!"

I just tested it with some friends and they were able to join. Perhaps I had forgot to click "save" and didn't realize it til this morning afterall. It SHOULD be working now. I think. I hope.

edit: Tagging people so they see this message. @ajwz @decado @kitteh_on_a_cloud @cheesebelly
    Cheesebelly
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited October 2012
    I just joined but I could only do so via the browser link. The group doesn't even appear on the client
    Update: Once I joined though, I can access it via the client
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Solved my issue - I wasn't logged in for some reason...
    sandmanCCL
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Ok, I'm in! :)
    (I'm the weird ZerLauron guy)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Might be a reason to actually create a profile in Steam. Right now I only use it for playing SP games, that were steam-mandatory or that I bought because spoiled by gog i find disc-hassle even more irritating than DRM.

Is a steam group only for playing together, or also for chats? I don't really do multi-player (I'm a control-freak regarding games).
    It's a Steam group. It's for whatever. It's pretty easy to set up a chat among other people in the group. From the group page, just click the big blue "ENTER CHAT" button on the right.

I've gone ahead and am sitting it in right now.
    Brude
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2012
    LOL. Edited out because that made absolutely no sense.
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
    Quartz
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    this
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sorry about that. I was too sleepy to be typing in a forum.
    Son_of_ImoenQuartz
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Sorry about that. I was too sleepy to be typing in a forum.

Can happen to the best of people and you're one of the best, so yeah, that's why it happens ;-)

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Good thing I started to use Steam this month then :)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2012
    Good idea, I'am sure there are groups about BG already but this one can be the "official" BGEE Forum group for games running on the infinity engine. I would love to be an officer if you are accepting. cheers.
    Post edited by Razor on
    Post a message about it on the group page! Easiest way for me to set that up.

BTW, I've had the chat open whenever I'm on Steam and no one else is ever there. JOIN UP, RABARLABRLBARL.
    Brude
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012

I'm the person with the smiling tugboat as his picture.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I'd like to join, but it says invite only.
    That's weird it's still giving you that message, because others have joined and it's still clearly set to open to the public.

Try logging out of Steam and then logging back in. If it's still giving you trouble, PM me through the message boards with your Steam account name and I'll send you an invite to the group.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If I recall correctly it says invite only when you aren't logged in, but once you login it just says "join". I could be wrong though.
    Flashburn
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    elminster said:

If I recall correctly it says invite only when you aren't logged in, but once you login it just says "join". I could be wrong though.

That's right, you have to log in to the page using your steam account before you can join the group.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Don't really have any RPGs on steam, but I did join. Thanks for the group idea!
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    elminster said:

Cool. Thanks!
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    I'll take a looksy.