Skip to content

Patch 8193.26 Launches for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Greetings, dear players and creators!

Patch 8193.26 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition arrives today! The update includes dozens of features and fixes — plus adds two epic adventures to our trove of curated community content!

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
  • New curated community content available! | Our new game launcher continues to grow! Two remarkable modules, Against the Cult of the Reptile God by Rich Barker, and Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 by Rick Francis are now available to download with a single click!
  • Curated community content now playable in Multiplayer | The new curated content UI is now available when running multiplayer games
  • Polished fonts | Based on player feedback, we’ve spent some time improving font rendering!
  • Renderer | Many more performance and stability/compatibility improvements

Check out the full patch notes on the blog!

Comments

• FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Great to see updates coming fast. You or Ossian fixed one of the bugs i reported on moonsea too:

"The Kur-Tharsu main gate is no longer difficult to attack" :D
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited June 2021
    I still prefer my own bitter_med and mordred_bold fonts before updating.

However, after updating, I could not used these modded fonts anymore. The new fonts may look great for most people, but I need bold type...I hope we can customize it like before...

--- Edited---

The font file changed to the following now:
    fnt_default_hr.ttf
    fnt_maintext.ttf

---

It's great to see more and more community modules in the game now.
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    fnt_default.ttf
    fnt_default_hr.ttf
    fnt_maintext.ttf

The originals are in INSTALLDIR/ovr/
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Thank you guys! Great work as always!
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Was there a 2nd update today? I've got the yellow "Update" box in my client today. I updated yesterday.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2021
    Same here. Updated both the NWN:EE Development and Retail Builds yesterday. For some strange reason, my BDC gave me the blue Maintenance icon and prompted me with the message that files in the Retail Build had either changed or were missing. I sort of updated it by choosing the "Restore" option the client gave me. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

Edit: As of this post, the yellow "Update" button has reappeared for both builds. Thank you.
  • BaldgeekBaldgeek Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2021
    There was a hotfix to address an issue of loading NWSync-downloaded community module saves today - shipped as patch 8193.27 , perhaps it was this?
    @Baldgeek Are there any patchnotes? If so, would you be kind enough to link them please, good sir?
  • BaldgeekBaldgeek Member Posts: 29
    @Prince_Raymond , I do not I was asking for the same ...
    Thanks @Baldgeek Guess it's time to reupdate!
    @Baldgeek Yes, I read that in the forum post here. Thank you for letting Beamdog know about the issue.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    True, we have updated the game with a small hotfix to address an issue with single-player save games for curated content. No other changes have been made.

Please enjoy the game, and have a nice weekend.
    edited June 2021
    Unfortunately, I'll be working this weekend. My pay week starts on Friday and ends on Thursday, and I my days off rotate week to week. I'm scheduled off today and the following Wednesday this week, and I'm scheduled off Saturday and Thursday the following week. Yesterday, I gave my two-week notice to my current employer. After five and a half years with FHI, I finally got sick and tired of going to work before the sun comes up just to break myself in the cold. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @JuliusBorisov what is the address for reporting new bugs introduced in the latest stable update? It appears that "invisible" meshes have been impacted. So instead of -

b49mw23m3wz9.png

you now get -

7dzzivgphurl.png

with this (and if I've been informed correctly) quite a few other tilesets. It apparently was a trick that was used "back in the day" to hide the grass etc. that was present when the models were edited from the (I suspect) Bioware originals. This means that there must be a number of modules that use such tilesets that are also impacted by this. And of course the original creators have all left NwN years ago.

TR
  • SorenSoren Member, Developer Posts: 48
    @TarotRedhand - any idea what this "trick" consisted in? Can you link to a place where you can download this content?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Soren Believe it or not I was just doing that. Abyss Tileset with almost 14,500 downloads registered. The images are from the very first view of the demo module.

As far as the trick is concerned I personally have no real idea but to quote @Shadooow over on the vault -
    Large amount of meshes were invisible via transparent texture. This is a nice trick to avoid anoying manual work

TR
    If you care about user performance, that's a really bad way of approaching this. Nonetheless, I'll look into it - thanks for reporting it!
    @TarotRedhand
    The issue is that the hak has a txi called aby01_grassrim01 with the entry "alphamean 1.0", which to me seems like an obvious error (it indicates to the engine that the texture is not transparent, the exact opposite of the desired behaviour.). It may actually cause some unintended behavior for content in 1.69 too, even if less noticable.

The solution is to just remove that file from the hak. If it's a widespread error however, we may have to work around it.
    Quick question: What happened to the scroll bar in game? You used to be able to click on a empty spot on any scroll bar and the bar would move either up or down. Now you have to click on the up/down arrows or click on the bar and hold to slide it up or down. It's a small thing I know, but it's annoying to say the least.

Thanks;
    Grom
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Greetings.

Are these patches only for pc/mac or for consoles (ps,xbox,switch) too?
    This patch is for the PC version of the game.
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    This patch is for the PC version of the game.

Any patches for console version?

Or as with console versions of BG/IWD - no patches at all?