Skip to content

BG2: EE Android "Not Purchased" Error

I bought Baldur's Gate 2 EE on Google Play during the sale and I tried to play it on my Galaxy S7 Edge but it would try to download resources and then tell me it failed cause I did not purchase the game when I clearly did.

Where is the fix? Please do not send me some stupid support links cause those have no solution whatsoever. Beamdog is failing on this, it's pathetic. I don't care about a refund I just want to play the game. Fix your game Beamdog, and yes it is only your games that have this problem. Stop lying and saying other developers have this problem.

Comments

• Blank115Blank115 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, why did you send me links to people who got their apps on a APK website and not Google Play? Clearly that's not gonna do a successful license check if you don't get PUBG Mobile from the Play Store. Those 4 support links you also sent have no solutions whatsoever. This is an issue with your games. I have purchased many apps on the Play Store and have never had this problem.

This is not a Google Play problem. It's a problem with your games.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2020
    @Blank115 We understand it must be frustrating for you and others encountering this issue.

Our developers haven't been able to pin down a firm reason for this behavior.

Please try the following troubleshooting tips:

- uninstall/reinstall the game;
    - reboot between steps;
    - verify you have enough internal memory (not SD card memory);
    - don't use third party download apps;
    - make sure you're downloading the game while signed in with the account that purchased it;
    - leave Google Play open during the download;
    - don't switch networks (Wi-Fi to data etc.) during the download;
    - try clearing the cache on Google Play (with a reboot afterwards);
    - verify that your device's clock is correct;
    - avoid downloading while on a corporate/education network.

For others who are still having this issue after trying these steps, try also the following:

Follow these steps in order to move the game folder:
    -Select Settings>App Manager>Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
    -Select Force Stop.
    -Select Clear Data.
    -Use a file explorer application (such as ES File Explorer) to browse your device's folders.
    -Go to the Android Folder.
    -Copy the Baldur's Gate folder (This should start with com.____)
    -Paste the folder into the OBB folder.
    -Launch the game.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Gate70Gusinda
  • JANT19294JANT19294 Member Posts: 6
    q15pf1valy1b.jpg
    After all steps, even removed from family library to prove I bought it.2qb0vovfsfsu.jpg
    All of these errors are similar to how Shadowrun was acting before they removed it. Could have it on device for 2yr, endgame characters, once they removed it the "we dont know if you bought this" would appear upon opening.
    Play store help is saying to ask for refund, then that I have no purchaces from Beamdog. The only one I haven't bought is SoD.
    Now they have the audacity after telling them literally everything up until now, to tell me to contact Beamdog. FB messaged Beamdog to find this thread to begin with.
  • alexborgesalexborges Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I bought BG1, BG2, Icewind dale and Siege of dragonspear, and only the latter works. Before all worked normal. After a hard reset on my device, the problem started so far, with no solution from Beamdog. I am extremely disappointed as the support is not good. Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with 80Gb of free space.
  • ExcalabearExcalabear Member Posts: 1
    Wow. I leave a review on Google and beamdog directs me here and look what I find. A list of things to try that had already been suggested by beam dog many times before. They are steadily working on everything else except devoting the time to their current customers and fixing this issue. Beamdog may think The problem is not on their end but on googles end.when in fact it is on beamdogs end. Half the games work on my phone but the only 3 that don't are BG 1 and 2 and icewind. It's obvious beamdog is overlooking something on purpose or they just aren't looking to far into it being to busy trying to snag those new customers. It might be they know what it is but it would require a lot of work to correct like rewriting the games code and we few with this problem just are not worth the effort or time. The game is made for a an older version of Android. Why not try fixing that problem first? Update the game to current android.
  • Zest001Zest001 Member Posts: 9
    I get the same problem with baldurs gate 2 but not baldurs gate 1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Blank115 We understand it must be frustrating for you and others encountering this issue.

Our developers haven't been able to pin down a firm reason for this behavior.

Please try the following troubleshooting tips:

- uninstall/reinstall the game;
    - reboot between steps;
    - verify you have enough internal memory (not SD card memory);
    - don't use third party download apps;
    - make sure you're downloading the game while signed in with the account that purchased it;
    - leave Google Play open during the download;
    - don't switch networks (Wi-Fi to data etc.) during the download;
    - try clearing the cache on Google Play (with a reboot afterwards);
    - verify that your device's clock is correct;
    - avoid downloading while on a corporate/education network.

For others who are still having this issue after trying these steps, try also the following:

Follow these steps in order to move the game folder:
    -Select Settings>App Manager>Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
    -Select Force Stop.
    -Select Clear Data.
    -Use a file explorer application (such as ES File Explorer) to browse your device's folders.
    -Go to the Android Folder.
    -Copy the Baldur's Gate folder (This should start with com.____)
    -Paste the folder into the OBB folder.
    -Launch the game.
    Hello everyone! We hope this bug is already fixed in the beta of the 2.6 patch.

1. Open the Google Play Store

2. Find Baldur's Gate or Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition and tap to go to the app detail page (the beta for IWD:EE and SoD will be coming soon).

3. Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Join the beta"

4. Tap Join >> Join.

Let us know about your experience