Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Refreshing the download folder or even downloading a delta update through the tool unselects all the components already selected in your work-in-progress setup. This was already reported prior in a post in this thread but I can't find it suddenly.

I can't find a single mod which actually supports this save/load feature, but the notification on all mods which do not support it is visible enough. However it still allows to save an install-order which implies that this would still work, however the end result will only contain an error message in UTF-16 format.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @GraionDilach
    The save/load feature was announced 5 days ago. As of today, Lure_Of_Sirines_Call v16.1 and
    Lore From Learning v3 added support for it.

I don't understand the rest of your post, can you please be more specific? What you try to do and what error message you got?
    edited June 2021
    The Rescan existing mods folder still clears all the selections and downloading a mod through the tool triggers a rescan. I'm not sure how more specific I can be with this. The former provides bad user experience when it's combined with your restrictions on save/load.
    edited June 2021

- fixed rare case when install sequence contain whitespace characters
    - importing/exporting install sequence will now use UTF8 encoding

## 0.9.2

- fixed case when mod ID contains '#' as the first character
    - replace comment character from '#' to '//' in order to not interfere with allowed mod prefixes

## 0.9.1

- breaking change: the install sequence is now using ';' to separate Component ID from Component Description
    - the install sequence will use globally unique labels, if the mod supports them
    - conversion of WeiDU.log will now produce an install sequence with globally unique labels
    - added Gitjas GitHub account to the 'Download Mods' feature
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • CatintheHatCatintheHat Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    Made an account to flag up this issue:

As of 03/July/2021 Firefox flags the .exe linked to this forum thread as malware.

https://imgur.com/a/KSiQyFi

While I've no doubt that the makers / hosters are blameless, this is the only hosted mod here that has done this (so far) and I'm running a fairly tight ship (a.k.a no, I don't use Norton or Avast).

So, it'd probably be a good idea to either host it on github (as most mods here seem to do) or have a look at it - it's not getting d/l'd otherwise, which is a shame given the obvious love / work put into it.
  • CatintheHatCatintheHat Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    Ztx5ITN.png

Ok, that was weird. Post got deleted.

Date is 3/July/2021 -- the direct download file is currently reported by Firefox as malware. Given the love involved in making this, you probably want to take a look at this. This is the only mod file (so far) linked to on these forums that is reported as malware.

This is a short version since apparently the prior version got auto-deleted.

~Running newest version of Firefox, computer savvy, issue is 100% on your end (no Norton / Avast) etc. Tray items are Privacy Badger, UBlockOrigin, Https Everywhere and NoScript. No issues d/ling other mods from Github, direct or via linked hook.
    @CatintheHat It's a known problem. All I can do is report false positives to 30! AV providers.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    edited July 2021
    So - I've run into an error that I cannot seem to get around using Project Infinity.

I'm trying to do an EET install. At approximately the same point of the install each time, I get the following message in the installer

//SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Sirene NPC for BG2:EE
    //[Z:\Modspot + mo2\BG EET MODs 2021\Tools\WeiDU\247.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24700
    // WeiDU (version 24700: "Return of the Warlock")
    //Unknown argument: []
    //usage: WeiDU [options] BAF,BCS,D,DLG,TRA,TP,TP2-files
    //General Input Options:
    // --game X set main game directory to X
    // --game-by-type X set main game directory to the one where X is installed (BG,BG2,IWD,IWD2,PST)
    // --nogame do not load any default game files
    // --search X look in X for input files (cumulative)
    // --search-ids X look in X for input IDS files (cumulative)
    // --tlkin X use X as DIALOG.TLK
    // --ftlkin X use X as DIALOGF.TLK
    // --use-lang X on games with multiple languages, use files in lang/X/
    // --tlkmerge X merge X into loaded DIALOG.TLK
    // Press Enter For More Options

If I press enter, I can make it cycle around until it just says to unpause the installation to skip... but then the message starts again, with this same bit at the top.

I've edited my install and order/log to remove several of the next set of mods after this, and each time we get to the same spot, the same message comes back.

I'm sure this is an error on my part, but it seems like the //Unknown argument: [] segment basically means the next mod in the install order is throwing an error of some sort. I've removed that next mod, and it still presents me with exactly this message though.

So what does it mean?

Thanks in advance
    Post edited by BallpointMan on
    @BallpointMan Does your imported install sequence contain empty lines? Can you please send me logs from Logs folder?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @CatintheHat Your post got caught by the Forum spam filter. We now restored it. Glad that the issue is already known.
    - fixed importing weidu.log (regression)

- yet again do not complain when the metadata Download link contains an extra forward slash

- temporary revert install sequence using labels until mod scan algorithm will be redesigned
  • YogieYogie Member Posts: 3
    Please fix your download or move it to a different alternate download Source..Of all the downloads i made from this forums why yours?Please dont give me the false Positive scenario ..

Website status:

Risky
    site status icon

https://github.com/ALIENQuake/ProjectInfinity/raw/master/ProjectInfinity.exe

This site contains potentially dangerous content that could harm your PC. We blocked it so you can continue browsing worry-free.

From Download;
    This file is not commonly downloaded:

This file is not commonly downloaded and it is not safe to open.It may contain virus or make unexpected changes to your programs or setting or both.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    It has nothing to do with Github, but more with the fact that it is an .exe file I assume.
    edited July 2021
    The main reason is that he uses a source code obfuscator and similar strategies are used by modern spyware.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Imho, it would improve trustworthiness by providing a checksum (e.g. SHA256 or MD5) for the PI binary on GitHub as well as on a secondary site such as here in this thread. It wouldn't help with false positives, but users can be reasonably certain that the binary is genuine.
    argent77 wrote: »
    Imho, it would improve trustworthiness by providing a checksum (e.g. SHA256 or MD5) for the PI binary on GitHub as well as on a secondary site such as here in this thread. It wouldn't help with false positives, but users can be reasonably certain that the binary is genuine.

True. I hope Alien can fix this problem..
    @argent77 Very good suggestion, thank you. The checksum will be implemented for the next release.
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @argent77 Very good suggestion, thank you. The checksum will be implemented for the next release.

Well thats good and all. But it does not solve the problem to which you have now.. How are you going to rectified the problem to which you have now? People pay good money for protection of their pc..When red flags are raised on your downloads/Webpage you have a problem..Unless you can confirm it safe through Beamdog...There is no reason for your download to be red flagged by any means...
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    Uh if an antivirus flags a file with no virus inside (when that's the case), it's a problem with the antivirus, not with the file.
    You should take that up to the antivirus provider...
  • WizardShotTheFoodWizardShotTheFood Member Posts: 4
    mled wrote: »
    Uh if an antivirus flags a file with no virus inside (when that's the case), it's a problem with the antivirus, not with the file.

I've already submitted it to Microsoft as a "this is probably an incorrect detection"; hopefully it'll be taken care of before long.

I've already submitted it to Microsoft as a "this is probably an incorrect detection"; hopefully it'll be taken care of before long.

Thanks, more positive rating = fewer false reports. I'm doing this for every release.
  • WizardShotTheFoodWizardShotTheFood Member Posts: 4

Thanks, more positive rating = fewer false reports. I'm doing this for every release.

Generally, antivirus software is more lenient on executables with a valid code signing certificate. You're not likely to find one for free -- price range is usually around $80 to $100 per year, although you can usually find discounts if you look around -- but if you are able to spare the money it's not a bad way to make this less likely to happen.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    After having weidu fail an install due to an out of memory error, I decided to give PI another try. It's currently running my install now.

However, I would make a few suggestions. Once you get beyond a few mods, the graphical sorting tool is insanely slow, even on this 8th gen i5 with plenty of RAM. I get the appeal, but I finally just created a normal weidu.log file, sorted the thing by hand, then imported it. I'm not sure if it is necessary or not, but I then exported it the current sort order to a CSV file, sorted THAT, and reimported it.

I did note that I could change the mod order a lot faster before enabling anything, so I may try that again later - and then import the log file to check the boxes.

Also, I do like the rule checker, even if only a small handful of mods have the metadata to support it. I really hope that takes off, as it makes it much easier to make sure that there aren't any order-based dependency problems.
  • charname_vercharname_ver Member Posts: 4
    @ALIEN Hello ALIEN and thanks for your work first. I used to install my own bgeet with PI and it worked well, however, when I tried to add some new mods by make a brand new installation, I found that the new version of PI would show some mods with messy codes. It wouldn't influence the installation itself, but when I played them, messy words showed off and u know, can't understand the dialogue anymore. Could u tell me what's wrong with this problem and how to solve it? Thanks a lot!
    tjgfdxjcddjw.png
    @charname_ver Hi,
    You see those 'messy codes' because those mods don't have a separate 'setup.tra' UTF8 file where all component names are stored. Having properly displayed components will require a few adjustments for those mods.
  • RudlabRudlab Member Posts: 2
    Question about pathways to EET.
    I understand that I need to use the DlcMerger file on BGI:EE before I start because I have the GOG version.
    In the Project Infinity settings I have the paths listed:
    BG:EE with SoD <- which I am interested in because this is where the modifications will be installed
    BG II:EE for EET <- it also interests me because here modifications should be installed.
    And one more path:
    (Path to clean, unmodded "Siege of Dragonspear" game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy:) <- I don't understand this, so I should make another copy of BGI:EE but of course after using DlcMerger but before installing mods?
    So I have to complete three path for 3 separate games? BGI:EE + BGI:EE (clean) + BG IIEE ?

@Rudlab

The first rule of modding, you should install the mods into separate copies of all games, regardless of EET or not.

The "unmodded "Siege of Dragonspear" game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy" means exactly what it means.
    Clean, unmodded (even without DlcMerger) "Siege of Dragonspear" for EET to consume. You still need to install DlcMerger but you will do this via PI as a normal mod installation.

There is an FAQ about detailed EET installation, please read it.
  • RudlabRudlab Member Posts: 2
    @Rudlab

The first rule of modding, you should install the mods into separate copies of all games, regardless of EET or not.

The "unmodded "Siege of Dragonspear" game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy" means exactly what it means.
    Clean, unmodded (even without DlcMerger) "Siege of Dragonspear" for EET to consume. You still need to install DlcMerger but you will do this via PI as a normal mod installation.

There is an FAQ about detailed EET installation, please read it.

Thanks for the clarification but I already received the answer:
    Communard:
    Clean is to remind you not to install non EET compatible mods on BGEE before EET
    [14:51]
    https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html
    [14:51]
    The first section is only allowed mods
    [14:52]
    So you only have 2 games, bgee with dlcmerge and a small amount of mods, and bg2ee

Yes I read the FAQ, but it did not clarify my doubts so I had to ask, sorry maybe I am out of my mind.
    @Rudlab I will add some more info there.
  • ToveriJuriToveriJuri Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2021

For some reason an old version of this was flagged by an AV (wasn't before) However now that I tried to download a newer version it was blocked by my browser as a dangerous file. I've dl'd plenty of .exe files and didn't have issues months ago using the same browser and the same AV. So why are two completely different instances having issues with this?

Is there some new virus with a similar name that Both the browser and the AV are confusing this with?