Skip to content

[MOD] klatu Tweaks and Fixes

klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
Good news, everyone! I made a mod!

Check it out here.

Feedback is welcome. Just post here or here if you have any problems, suggestions or comments.

PS: Because so many resources are changed by this mod if fully installed, it might be a good idead to also install Generalized Biffing on top of it, in order to keep the game running smoothly.
Just make sure to open your CHITIN.KEY in notepad++ and change all the "DATA\tb#gen" strings to "DATA/tb#gen" (without the ""s).
GrammarsaladStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    So, for my 101st post, let me inform you, good people of Baldur's Gate, that a new version, Version 1.7, of my mod is out.

Get it here:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1109-klatu-tweaks-and-fixes/

If you've never heard of it before, take a gander. If you're familiar with it and like it, please upgrade at some point.
    If you've heard of it and hate it, feel free to:
    a) leave me alone.
    b) leave me alone some more.
    c) give criticism and be generally excellent.

Thanks for noticing, everyone!

How did I get more than 11k downloads? No idea, but I appreciate it.

PS: I know there are some typos in the readme. Ignore them. Those don't count.
    mf2112StummvonBordwehr
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Hello, the mod is pretty cool and I used to get it all the time before I started testing EET, any plan for compatibility ?

Have you thought about merging your mod into Tweaks Anthology ?
  • klatuklatu Member Posts: 108
    edited October 2016
    @GrimLefourbe Glad you like it!
    Generally my mod should work for any modern game-version (not PST, or the old BG1 or IWD). One possible wild-card is that area-codes vary a lot (BGT uses different BG1 area codes than BGEE, for example). Once EET gets an official stable release, I'll address any remaining problems.

I'm not sure this mod fits thematically with Tweaks Anthology. This collection is a bit more specialized, I guess. It's meant to address annoyances that the "big" mods usually miss (intentionally, I'm sure).
    If someone from the Tweaks Anthology team were to contact me about integrating parts of this mod, I wouldn't say no. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    EET also uses different area codes, I think there's some info here though I fear a tweak mod is in the hardest category : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27751 .

I think the current release candidate is feature complete so there shouldn't be any big changes in the way things work.
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Anyone have klatu Tweaks and Fixes: The Mod itself and able to share please?

shsforums.net is down
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Does anybody know if this mod is IWD compatible?
    I read on Reddit that Orrick could interact on the Elven tome part?
    (And yes I know its OP).
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @StummvonBordwehr, it is IWDEE compatible but not sure about that specific interaction...

Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @StummvonBordwehr, it is IWDEE compatible but not sure about that specific interaction...

Gus

Thanks @Gusinda
    Always there to help us with your insight.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @StummvonBordwehr, as limited as it is... :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @klatu's last activity on this forum dates back to October 2017, so I'm afraid your plea will go unheard, @Endarire.
    StummvonBordwehr
    @klatu's last activity on this forum dates back to October 2017, so I'm afraid your plea will go unheard, @Endarire.

Klatu seems to be MIA any where. Even on the Spellhold Studies where he/she uploaded the mod.

Btw. I have several quedtions about the “Manual of war” part, that I couldnt get to work on the 2.5 BG1:ee. If any body has made that part work, some insight would be helpful.
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84

Klatu seems to be MIA any where. Even on the Spellhold Studies where he/she uploaded the mod.

Btw. I have several quedtions about the “Manual of war” part, that I couldnt get to work on the 2.5 BG1:ee. If any body has made that part work, some insight would be helpful.

Do you have a specific question, or do you just want a walkthrough on the Manual of War?
    StummvonBordwehr
    Shirak wrote: »

Do you have a specific question, or do you just want a walkthrough on the Manual of War?

@Shirak
    Hopefully a walktrough, but some general hints would suffice - mostly about what “rewards” it may yield.

I found a page om the internet, where the dialogue strings where shown. That gave a rough idea, but I cant seem to find the said page again.
    edited July 2021
    Okie. Personally, I find the Manual of War overly OP, and after one run, I declined to use it for other runs.
    The Manual of War is found in Watcher's Keep. In SOA, you will have to bring it to the Temple of Oghma at the Docks District. In TOB, you will have to bring it to Lazarus Librarus. Either of them will take the book for a while and "examine it", before unlocking it as a magical tome that requires "feeding" of magical items to unlock its power (I hope that you've been keeping magical loot in a Bag of Holding, as opposed to just selling everything or not picking up anything at all.......). Either of them will do the "feeding", with gold input of course. You can feed the Manual of War from SOA to TOB.

The enchantment levels, or magical power, required to unlock the various abilities increases.

What the Manual of War can do for you is:
    It allows you to increase your weapon proficiency in any weapon or style. Meaning that a thief can be a GM in weapons for example, with the assorted benefits, if you installed Tweaks Anthology, and selected that particular option. It will also increase your AC and THAC0, indefinitely (limited by the number of magical items you have to throw into the Manual of War.)

So yeah, you probably will understand why I find it overly OP, and declined to use it.....
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Shirak
    Thanks. It does sound a bit broken - but I do have a soft spot for the OP, so I may give it a try.

I tried it in a BG1:ee install, but it didn’t work, but perhaps it works better in BG2:ee
    @StummvonBordwehr Which part didn't work? You couldn't find a scholar to unlock it or?

Anyway, without mods to provide Bags of Holding early in the game, it's hard to actually use the Manual of War in BGEE due to the amount of items required to power it. And unlike BG2EE, where $$$ is no issue, you will have to sell all the loot in BGEE, or even convert them to gems, if you want to overcome the stupid SOD $$$ grab story........
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Shirak
    Thanks. It was actually finding the tome.

It should be in the ulcaster ruins, but I couldnt find it there. Perhaps my Dark Horizons install ruined it. In BG1:ee it’s Thalantyr that unlocks the secrets right?

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    @StummvonBordwehr Yes, that's what I've seen in the code on the other day. Probably another mod overrided the contents of the treasure pile where it should have been. I'm not sure how to debug that. You can try consoling it in - it's filename is kla#bk01.itm.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited July 2021
    @Shirak and @GraionDilach
    Awesome. Thanks for the ultra Quick and insightful replies.
    I know the “manual of war” isnt everbodies cup of tea, but I like it
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    @StummvonBordwehr Yeah, it's Thalantyr. There are lots of small things in many mods that end up conflicting with each other. Part of the multi-mod setup issues......I'm having some issues in my mega-runs too.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the Manual of War is bad, but if one is going to use it for every playthrough, it's stupidly OP.

Imagine if you play a Paladin and use the IWD spell tables from Tweaks Anthology, allowing you to cast Righteous Magic eventually, and then you use the Manual of War to give you GM, and you dual wield.......

Maybe if you're doing an SCS Insane run and you're having trouble, it might be more viable, but in most other runs, you're just going to walk over every fight.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Hi there

I remember seing some sort of table, where the manuals dialogue options shown. In other words what outcome you could expect.

I have tried finding it again, without succes. Does anybody know the manuals full potential? And yes, I know its totally OP…
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Hi

Does anyone know where to download Klatu tweaks - the SHS link does not work.

thanks
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 78
    Here you can find version 1.7 that should be the latest: http://america.iegmc.net/klatu/
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Thank you
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    klatu Tweaks and Fixes has 3 components related to Check the Bodies.
    "1060 - CtB: Skip Candlekeep Chores and intro cutscenes"
    "1070 - CtB: Remove Venereal Disease"
    "1080 - CtB: Fixed Harp of Myth Drannor"

Are they still relevant or even compatible with the version 3 of Check the Bodies?
    1070 is relevant, applicable, compatible and we even discussed the possibility to port it over as a CtB optional component literally just yesterday.

1060 doesn't work with v3.0 because it looks for the wrong filename. Thanks, I'll look into fixing this.

1080 doesn't seem relevant anymore, the Harp looks fixed to me (and klatu's solution actually skewers the probabilities anyway).
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    1070 is relevant, applicable, compatible and we even discussed the possibility to port it over as a CtB optional component literally just yesterday.

1060 doesn't work with v3.0 because it looks for the wrong filename. Thanks, I'll look into fixing this.

1080 doesn't seem relevant anymore, the Harp looks fixed to me (and klatu's solution actually skewers the probabilities anyway).

Thanks for your time and patience! :smile: Back on my EET install
  • bouncer1798bouncer1798 Member Posts: 3
    Getting this error when installing any of the cosmetic components relating to the mage robes on an EET installation:
    Installing [Change Appearance of Robe of Good Archmagi -> Caped Mage Robe appearance for Robe of Good Archmagi] [1.7.2]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    ERROR: [clck15.itm] -> [override/clck15.itm] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: SANITIZE_ITM"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

No other mods installed
    Fixed, thanks!