Skip to content

Tales of the Deep Gardens: Amber colour?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
@LavaDelVortel: I'm trying to finish the Tales of the Deep Gardens mod. I have now got all the other colours, including black, but there seems to be no way to get the last, the amber one. I have found an online tip that says "Amber - The last talk with Touch after finding the Black Colour". When I try to talk with "Touch", which I take to mean Gentle Touch, there is no dialogue, only a voice saying "Come, sit here with me". Temper Touch says she is not allowed to speak with me, because of the choice I made.

So, what to do?

I must say that the fights with the Yellow man and the Black wizard were, to say the least, difficult for me. My group is around lvl 10-11, and the Black wizard summoned a pit fiend! D'oh! Way over the top for me! But I managed to get him down, eventually.

Comments

• chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    have you spoken with them alone and did they get upset and leave
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    What do you mean by "speaking with them alone"? No, they have not left. One of them simply says that she's not allowed to speak with me, and the other doesn't generate any dialogue at all, there's simply a voice from the speaker saying "Come, sit here with me".
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Strange, as no one ever encountered such a bug.
    Is your console active? I mean, are you able to use the console codes?

If so, use CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DGGentleChoice","GLOBAL") and tell me the number that will show.

more about console: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24300/clua-console-for-bg2ee/p1
    edited April 2014
    The number I got back was 4.

What does that tell you?

Incidentally, this quest contains some very good material, so thumbs up for that. Some of the sound effects are also very good. Rather early on, there was a typo: the word "questiouns" appeared in a dialogue window. I suppose you can fairly easily search and fix that.

The temple of Sune at Waukeen's Promenade is also your doing, is it not? Tremendously good music there! An excellent mood piece.
    If I remember correct, Gentle should have told you to come alone. Move your party members away from Gentle and then talk to him once you are the only one he can see.
    @LavaDelVortel‌: That did indeed work. Thank you very much. I didn't remember his instruction to come alone, and there was no journal entry about it, so I got stumped.

Haha - purely on the basis of their names, I chose Gentle Touch (male) and not Temper Touch (female) , and so the quest led to fairly obviously homosexual encounter that I had to speak with Aerie about, since she's romancing me. (Nothing wrong with that.)
    I gave all the options - male can talk to both Gentle and Temper, descriptions differ a bit in these situation and you can still keep a distance if I remember correctly. And yep, if you romance someone, they will ask about the encounter.

I'm glad it worked fine.
    Yes, I was able to keep some distance, but it was close contact nevertheless. Again, I don't mind.

Good mod. (I haven't actually finished it yet, but I suppose I'm almost there.)
    yep, just some final talks.
    @LavaDelVortel‌: And just finished I Shall Never Forget. Good stuff! Thanks.
    Thanks :) Innershade is also available for BG2EE :) But you still need to white for The White Queen.
    @LavaDelVortel‌: Really? Where would I find the download link to the BG2EE version? I did a search, but couldn't find any... I would like to try it. (It was also not on the BG2EE compatible mod list.)

Also, would it be safe and/or realistic to install it now after I've already been playing for a while? I'm in chapter 3, currently doing the Planar Sphere quest to get the stronghold for my mage CHARNAME.
    Oh, I forgot something -- not sure why, but the mod may have problems with updating savegames, but... not sure why. You may try. And just grab the official version at SHS. Would give you the link, but it seems SHS is having some problems with the server.
    Anyway, if you pick to add Innershade to your worldmap and there will be some errors when updating savegames, it will mean that new game is a must to make it work properly.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I'm "imprisoned" in this mod. I have no options to tell Gentle Touch that I want to stay, so he leaves no matter what I tell him, so is that some color I won't receive? I only have six colors and have no idea where to go from here. Blind people won't talk to me. The hooded man won't talk to me. I can't find any more caverns to explore. I need a teleport stone. :wink:
  • Moira89Moira89 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2021
    Hello @LavaDelVortel!

I'm having the same problem, but with getting the Black Colour. I have 8 in my inventory (all except black and amber), but this Lord of Black Dream fella does not appear in the chamber below the cavern. I've been running around for hours, talking with everyone I can (answered the Hooded guy's riddles correctly as well), but nothing happens.

I also spoke with Touch alone, but after smearing some silver on me, he says I'm a noob and storms off.

I have no idea what I'm missing, can you please help?
    This is the script from the ARLDV7 area:

IF
    Exists(Player1)
    !Global("DGPKKExist","ARLDV7",1)
    PartyHasItem("DGIBlue")
    PartyHasItem("DGIGray")
    PartyHasItem("DGIGree")
    PartyHasItem("DGIRed")
    PartyHasItem("DGISilv")
    PartyHasItem("DGIGold")
    PartyHasItem("DGIViol")
    PartyHasItem("DGIYell")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("DGPKKExist","ARLDV7",1)
    CreateCreature("0xLORDDG",[343.829],3)
    END

If you have all these colors and the character isn't there, just use C:CreateCreature("0xLORDDG")
    How to activate console: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm

PS. Touch would never call you a noob. Perhaps he is afraid you may want to leave Gardens at some point.
    edited August 2021
    Wow, thank you very much! You replied quicker than some people at work :)
    I could summon Black via the console and was able to get the last colour from Touch as well.

Thanks again for the help and your work on these mods!

PS. you are right and now i feel like a douche.

Edit: Okay, now the Elder says I do not have all 10 colours when I talk to him.
    Edit 2: FML. I missed Green as I thought it's the bark.

I'm just going to crawl in the corner and bang my head to the wall.

I'll see myself out.
    Hah, it's okay. Probably it would be all ok if you had the green Color. Anyway, I kinda hope you had some fun in the weird world of the Deep Gardens.
    Thank you. I sure had fun with the mod :)
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 174
    edited February 5
    I ran through the mod several times. There is a polish translation which Google
    can translate into english. From that I got enough hints to finish it and I am fairly
    good at run-through these days. A bit of the dialogue is confusing but that's ok -
    dreams are confusing.

Some items are a must have. Edwin ALWAYS gets the teddy bear.

Anyway. My current guide will be shown next ... not sure how to add a spoiler
    button here ... ah the spoiler-tag via []:

Tales of the Deep Garden can be started by talking to the crazy mage (the Mysterious Wizard) in the Government district of Athkatla, in the large, central park area there.

To participate in the tournament, a small riddle has to be solved first - the correct answer is Mermaid. Then, four items have to be found within three days.

(1) The first item can be found in the slum-district, at the southwestern corner of the tavern - look for a beggar. After asking for a coin he will attack the party.

The third item can be obtained in the Temple district.

The fourth item can be found in the Flagron Inn, at the bar, where Barney, a fat man stands.

Now you have to collect several colours.

(1) Violet can be found on the table in the south-western part of the map.
    (2) Gold and Silver can be found in the first cave, in the southwestern part of the map.
    (3) Green can be taken from a tree in another cave, whereas Blue can be taken from the well, in the second cave.
    (4) Red can be found in the pit in the southeastern area. Here the party has to take Red from the corpse and additionally take a dried plant from the hiding place, needed for the Green Witch.

The black colour can only be obtained after the party has gathered eight colours already.

Silvertongue (a woman) yields the following rewards, sorted by usefulness (top is best, bottom is worst), for a cost of 16.000 gold coins:

(1) - Green: -1 to spell casting time
    (2) - Yellow: +1 AC
    (3) - Purple: regenerate 1 HP every 9 seconds
    (4) - Silver: +15% to magic resistance
    (5) - Red: +1 THAC0, +1 Damage
    (6) - Black: +5 saves against death, -1 reputation
    (7) - Gray: +1 attack per round, -3 to death saves, -6 HP, -2 to THAC0
    (8) - Gold: +10% resistance to acid, cold, electricity and fire
    (9) - Amber: +7 to HP
    (10) - Blue: +20000 experience points

The Riddle of the Hooded Man can be solved as follows:

2, 4, 7, 2

More information about this mod can be seen here:

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_the_Deep_Gardens

The mod can be downloaded from here:

https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/tales-of-the-deep-gardens/

A quest-run-through can be seen here:

https://baldur-cob--bg-pl.translate.goog/totdg/solucja-totdg?_x_tr_sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en

The content of the above spoiler is not perfect (missing a few colours), mind you and
    the formatting is off, but I think it can be
    helpful to some people as a quick ref. I have not found out everything
    in the mod I think but most. Not all the items that can be bought or
    obtained seem useful OR I don't know what the intended purpose is.