Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• affablePeafowlaffablePeafowl Member Posts: 10
    @meowdog — I thought about that, but weirdly NI doesn't want to display it. It's as if it were 100% transparent. Exporting as a .gif even gives me a bunch of blank frames. I don't think I specifically tried exporting as .png though, next time I'm experimenting with it I'll try that. Thanks for the heads up!
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    I will provide some other dumps. It happened in a dungeon. After I went out and rested there...no crash
    meowdog
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    @p6kocka
    Which dungeon? Go to the dungeon and press 'x', it should show you the area code.
    Are you playing BG2? EET? Any other mods installed?
    @affablePeafowl
    I exported from SoD as BAM v1 (compressed) and it works ok.
    affablePeafowl
    It´s a dungeon: Area BD 1100
    edited August 2021
    I am playing EET...now I am in SoD area.
    edited August 2021
    p6kocka wrote: »
    crash.rar
    They all happen in the same function, the one with webm stuff, so not that helpful, but at least it's only a single bug, not many different ones.
    Alas I can't reproduce, maybe it's windows specific.

I've noticed a couple of "weird" files in the movies folder, they're encoded using vp9 codec unlike the rest of them which are vp8, I went to the EET github page and turns out that the last commit is:
    However my game doesn't crash without the fix.
    What's your EET version? Does it include this fix? You should have daynite.wbm and daynite_.wbm in the movies folder.
    edited August 2021
    The crashes that happened weren't only by resting. This was only the latest case. They happened really randomly by walking or simply doing nothing. But I will look at the video files. But I didn't have any problems with day night videos. I have seen them many times.
    Edit: I´ve got those two wbm files in my Movie folder
    I don´t know which EET version I have. Could it be 13.0 ?? I have downloaded it on 11.7. 2021
    @p6kocka
    Okay, it seems like you have the latest version.
    I don´t know which EET version I have.
    You should have weidu.log in the game folder, unless EET was installed some other way.

I suggest you to download this utility:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
    or the direct link:
    https://live.sysinternals.com/Procmon.exe

1. Open it
    2. Press Ctrl + L
    3. Click on Architecture and choose "Event Class", in the empty dropdown choose "File System"
    4. Click Add
    5. Click on Architecture again and choose Process Name, change "is" to "contains" and enter "Baldur" in the empty field.
    6. Click Add
    7. Click Ok

1. In the "Options" menu click on "History Depth"
    2. Enable ring buffer
    3. Limit to 5 minutes

Then play your game. Process Monitor should display all the files that are being read or written by any "Baldur" processes.
    This is similar to how I found earlier that GUIGEND1.BAM was the file that crashed BG:EE, it was the last entry in the log before the game crashed.
    meowdog wrote: »
    @affablePeafowl
    I exported from SoD as BAM v1 (compressed) and it works ok.

Looks great! Nicely done once again, stomping out these issues as soon as I bring them up.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    OP updated with link to @meowdog 's version.
    AndreaColomboArkieTimbo0o0o0affablePeafowl
    @Pecca Thank you. What's OP? Which link do you mean?
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    OP = Original Post, i gues (The first post)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited August 2021
    @meowdog Not sure whether this is a bug with the mod or the game, but when I equip a character with the boots of speed and access their record screen, the icon for the increased movement rate is wrong:

VAJSBtW.png

It should be the winged feet of Haste, but instead it's the red spiral of Charm.

Note that the icon that shows on the portrait is correct.

EDIT: Is it possible to use the bigger icons from the record screen on the portraits too? I know not many people will want this so it could perhaps be made into a menu option. Since this mod uses medium portraits on the side bar (which is one of the things I love about it), the regular portrait icons look pretty tiny on them.
    I´ve got it too..the wrong icon
    The narration upon leaving Ulgoth's Beard to reach werewolf island goes against a completely black background, with no fancy high-res illustration like all the others. Is this intended, @Pecca ?
    @meowdog Just letting you know. I have used the fix for EET night-day/ day-night transition (the blank videos provided as download on the page here:)
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28161-eet-v133-released/?do=findComment&comment=296412
    and it seems the issue with crashing is history.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    The narration upon leaving Ulgoth's Beard to reach werewolf island goes against a completely black background, with no fancy high-res illustration like all the others. Is this intended, @Pecca ?

Not intended I think, there should be an illustration.
    AndreaColombo
    Thank you, @Pecca .

@meowdog One more thing atop the pile of what we’re relying on your precious help for :)
    A couple more observations about playing with only BG1:EE and no SoD/BG2 install. Both are so minor that I didn't think of them until yesterday, and one or both could be just how the game actually behaves in SoD:

One, when I first asked about compatibility, @meowdog mentioned the world map conflicting between games, which makes sense. I realized that when I click a destination to travel to on the world map, there's no "Travel" button of any kind that comes up. I have to double-click the destination to travel there. I think this is how I already traveled, 'cuz I don't remember even noticing the Travel button was gone right away, otherwise the world map functions perfectly well, which I should stress because I imagine the different world map styles between BG1 and 2 might be one the trickier things to iron out. But it does work!

Two, the stack/unstack pop-up has a minor quirk. If I type in a value, the confirm button (can't remember what it's called, actually) stays greyed out, as if the value is still zero. So for clarity, if I want to buy a full stack of ammo from a vendor, I double-click the ammo, and instead of being able to type 12 (for 80 x3) and hitting enter or clicking the confirm/continue button, I have to type in 11 and click the increment button to set it to 12, or else just not bother typing anything and click the increment button 12 times. After clicking it the confirm button becomes clickable.

I didn't think either of these issues warranted a screenshot, but if I didn't elaborate enough I'm happy to provide one for either issue. It's a testament to the great work of Pecca and meowdog though that these are the closest things to actual problems I can find, even though I'm trying to play with the mindset of a playtester and make a note of every little problem—I didn't even notice these two little blips on the radar at first. I suppose the world map is supposed to have a pop-up with a Travel button after you click your destination, but the stack size thing in shops, I can see it maybe just being a quirk in the UI.
    AndreaColombo
    Two, the stack/unstack pop-up has a minor quirk. If I type in a value, the confirm button (can't remember what it's called, actually) stays greyed out, as if the value is still zero. So for clarity, if I want to buy a full stack of ammo from a vendor, I double-click the ammo, and instead of being able to type 12 (for 80 x3) and hitting enter or clicking the confirm/continue button, I have to type in 11 and click the increment button to set it to 12, or else just not bother typing anything and click the increment button 12 times. After clicking it the confirm button becomes clickable.

Confirmed. I got this too on my SoD installation.
    Every time the world map is brought up to travel from an area to another, the map is scrolled all the way down so that only the bottom half is visible on the top half of the screen, and nothing underneath on the bottom half of the screen.
    I think it tries to center the map on your location and it doesn't quite work with the current map size.
    To fix this, you can make the map look like shown here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1127339/#Comment_1127339
    If you don't mind the much smaller size.
    I'm thinking about making this default for SoD.
    If a dialog has more text than can fit in the dialog window (I'm using the classic-looking one at the bottom of the screen), trying to scroll down to finish reading the text makes it go all the way down to your list of available answers. It doesn't matter how carefully you try to scroll gradually. Problem is, once your dialog options are displayed, there's no scrolling back up again. The text is cut underneath your dialog options and you can never read the end of it.
    I can't reproduce this.
    Not sure about hi-res, but copying leave.bam to leavea.bam and arrive.bam to arrivea.bam makes the images appear.
    It should be the winged feet of Haste, but instead it's the red spiral of Charm.
    Fixed.
    Note that the icon that shows on the portrait is correct.
    EDIT: Is it possible to use the bigger icons from the record screen on the portraits too? I know not many people will want this so it could perhaps be made into a menu option. Since this mod uses medium portraits on the side bar (which is one of the things I love about it), the regular portrait icons look pretty tiny on them.
    I don't know. In UI.menu you can't customize how to render portraits, but maybe it's possible to change the icons the same way you fixed the blurry portraits (I added your fix to the installer).
    I realized that when I click a destination to travel to on the world map, there's no "Travel" button of any kind that comes up. I have to double-click the destination to travel there. I think this is how I already traveled, 'cuz I don't remember even noticing the Travel button was gone right away, otherwise the world map functions perfectly well, which I should stress because I imagine the different world map styles between BG1 and 2 might be one the trickier things to iron out. But it does work!
    I actually meant the same issue with the map as discussed above, I thought it was due to BG1, but it's the same in SoD.
    The travel button is gone, yes, I think it by design. You can enable 1-click travel though.
    Two, the stack/unstack pop-up has a minor quirk.
    Fixed.
    affablePeafowlAndreaColombo
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    Playing BG:EE with this excellent mod, I came across several issues (not sure if related to this mod or to the base game):
    - When leveling up, if you have a proficiency point to spent, clicking back to cancel and leveling up again will add another point, and so on.
    - When your character is uncontrollable (feeblemind, fear, confusion), you can still drink potions from inventory.
    - The text in the scroller gets cropped at the right margin.
    - Dorn's & Neera missing (already mentioned here)
    - On character creation, picking some portrait from the middle of the list (like Dorn's) will crash the game

Other than these, I completed the game with no major problems.
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone had any issues with the level up screen on this UI? I have points to spend, but all the prof buttons are greyed out. Anyone have any ideas?

uh45mu2nlzhu.png
    edited August 2021
    @unknown — that looks very strange. Do you have any other mods installed? And what level did Vicky reach in that screenshot?

Unless I've suffered a couple of head injuries like Minsc and I'm overlooking something obvious, Vicky's level-up screen shouldn't even display any Thief skills, much less give you 25 skill points like she's not a Cleric. It almost looks like the UI is getting wires crossed somehow and showing you another character's info. She should come with a point in Maces.

It's weird that she's getting 2 prof points too, unless you've leveled her up a few times and weren't able to spend the first one you got either. Actually just noticed the proficiency categories are a bit mixed up, "Flail" and "Mace/Morningstar" instead of "Mace" and "Flail / Morning Star" so I'm guessing you're using other mods, in which case it's probably a conflict unfortunately. But hopefully someone else can clarify otherwise, or explain how to sort it out!
    Sorry, I didn't explain very welll. I've modded my game a little, and made Viconia into a Cleric/thief... hence the extra bits you wouldn't normally see. I get this issue with all NPC level ups, as well as character generation. I do have a few mods installed so I think this is probably a conflict. Here's a screenshot from character generation:

67f7q9cqokj2.png

As you can see, all the prof +/- boxes are greyed out.

Here's my WEIDU log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Adul's Unhide Chargen Options: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Mr2150's Roll First: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Adul's Better Quick Loot: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Journal Fixes and Tweaks -> Mr2150's Journal Fixes: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // lefreut's Simple Journal Fixes: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // lefreut's Customize All Characters: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // lefreut's Steal Multiple Items: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Adul's Smooth Selling: 3.7
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5041 // lefreut's Improved Fonts -> BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 3.7
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.3
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.3
    ~CROSSCLASSKITS/CROSSCLASSKITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Cross Class Kits: 1.0
    ~FIGHTSORC/SETUP-FIGHTSORC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Add Fighter/Sorcerer kit for Sorcerer: v0.1.0
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK/ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Artisan's Kitpack: Rashemi Berserker Ranger Kit for Minsc: 2.1
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v23
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple: v23
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v25
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v25
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v25
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #120 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v25
    ~VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2~ #0 #60 // Add special ability: Embrace of Shar: v6.1
    ~VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2~ #0 #70 // Apply drow penalty: Day Blindness: v6.1
    ~MSFM/MSFM.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add circlets: v1.56
    ~MSFM/MSFM.TP2~ #0 #18 // Add Customizable Familiars: v1.56
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v10
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit: v10
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit: v10
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.92
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.92
    ~EE_CONTENT_TWEAKS/EE_CONTENT_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Add EE Items to Shops -> Move EE Items to Shops: v1.0
    ~K9ROUGHWORLD/SETUP-K9ROUGHWORLD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Scaled Spawning (BGEE Only): BETA 1.41
    ~UNIQUE_ITEMS/UNIQUE_ITEMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // New items for BG:EE/SoD: v1.0
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For non-magical shields and helmets: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1035 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> First Area Only: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1252 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Eldoth to the Coast Way: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1253 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Quayle to the Nashkel Carnival: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1254 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Shar-Teel to North Nashkel Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1256 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Viconia to South Beregost Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi-Classes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3101 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3197 // Alter Hostile Rest Spawns -> Double frequency: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4093 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/4 the normal rate: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #95 // Ability Score Spellcasting Bonuses (install AFTER any mod that changes spell tables!): 0.9.4
    ~EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS/EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item cosmetic enhancements: Includes new icons, projectiles, recoloring, and addition of pulse and solid glows: v1.0.0
    ~EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS/EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cosmetic on-hit audio-visual effect enhancements (fire, cold, acid, electricity) -> IWD-style on-hit effects: v1.0.0
    ~EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS/EE_COSMETIC_ENHANCEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Improved slime-type monster animations: v1.0.0
    ~IMPROVEDNONDETECTIONCLOAK/SETUP-IMPROVEDNONDETECTIONCLOAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improve the Cloak
    ~SUBRACE/SUBRACE.TP2~ #1 #0 // Subrace mod for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (BG1, BG:SoD, BG2, EET): 0.2.1
    ~ZG_IWD2_VOICES/ZG_IWD2_VOICES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale II Voice Pack for EE 2.6+: 1.0.0
    ~ZG_IWD_VOICES/ZG_IWD_VOICES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale Voice Pack for EE 2.6+: 1.0.0
    ~SOD2BG2_IU/SOD2BG2_IU.TP2~ #0 #29 // Add Icewind Dale items and new spells to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear?: v2.0.0
    ~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts -> Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed: v4.1
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3340 // Increase party movement speed outside combat -> By 50 percent: v9
    ~SOTSC/SOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shades of the Sword Coast – Expansion Pack for BGEE: 6.0
    ~CDLORE/CDLORE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Books Provide Lore Bonuses: v3
    ~CDLORE/CDLORE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Knowledge Provides Lore Bonuses: v3
    ~CDLORE/CDLORE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Party Members Provide Lore Bonuses: v3
    ~CDLORE/CDLORE.TP2~ #0 #40 // Defeating Monsters Provides Lore Bonuses: v3
    ~WANDCASE/WANDCASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wand Case: v1.3
    ~SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tweaked Items: v1.8
    ~SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Convenient Free Action Items: v1.8
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: 21.08.0
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: 21.08.0
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #4 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 1: 21.08.0
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: 21.08.0
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #11 // Fix Blurry Portraits: 21.08.0

My guess is it could be something from SCS that's causing the issue, maybe the improved NPC customisation and management componenet... or probably more likely, something from UI tweaks. I don't really want to uninstall anything at this point as I'm mid way through a playthrough. I guess I'll just continue without this UI mod for the time being, and try again later on a fresh install.
    @unknown
    Hey, could you upload your override/ui.menu file without DUI installed?
    edited August 2021
    @meowdog Sure thing, thanks for taking a look!
    Post edited by unknown on
    I was asked to change the green border color used for portraits, I managed to found how to do it.
    I'm not going to add it to the mod, but maybe anyone wants it.
    Screenshot:
    2c2llh642eph.png
    Python code:
    from pathlib import Path
    import sys

input = Path(sys.argv[1])
    out = Path(sys.argv[2])
    if out.exists():
        print(f'output file exists {out}')
        sys.exit(1)

colors = [
        b"\x00\x80\x00\x00",
        b"\x73\x64\xc6\x00",
        b"\xbe\xb7\xff\x00",
        b"\xff\x00\x20\x00",
        b"\x40\xff\xff\x00",
        b"\x00\xfa\x00\x00", # portrait green border
    ]

color_bytes = b''.join(colors)
    data = input.read_bytes()
    a = data.find(color_bytes)
    if a == -1:
        print('color offset not found')
        sys.exit(1)

# change the green border
    colors[-1] = b'\xE0\x9A\x45\x00'

with out.open('wb') as f:
        f.write(data[:a])

for color in colors:
            f.write(color)

f.write(data[a + len(color_bytes):])

print('all good')

And if you don't want to install python, I'm attaching a zip file, you will need to edit the bat file included in it:
    // red, green, blue, alpha in hex, example: 00FA0000 (the original color) 
    bgportcolor.exe RRGGBB00 Baldur.exe Baldur_patched.exe
    pause

@unknown
    This file redefines plusButtonClickable and minusButtonClickable:
    https://github.com/r-e-d/EEUITweaks/blob/24bd9c29/EEUITweaks/copy/AdulUnhideChargen/M_A0UCO.lua#L231
    The problem is that these functions depend on global variables that are defined in your UI.menu file.
    You can try to delete override/M_A0UCO.lua or append the original functions to the end of the file:
    function plusButtonClickable(row)
    	local clickable =  (chargen.proficiency[row].value < chargen.proficiency[row].max)
    	clickable = clickable and chargen.extraProficiencySlots > 0
    	return clickable
    end
    function minusButtonClickable(row)
    	return (chargen.proficiency[row].value > chargen.proficiency[row].min)
    end

However your UI.menu has a lot of changes, likely you will have other problems with DUI.
    AndreaColombounknownskushaTimbo0o0o0