Skip to content

Games won't install on my android

DanterDanter Member Posts: 45
Hi everyone. I bought both Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 yesterday. Perhaps a bit foolishly I didn't check to see how much space was available for me to use on my tablet. I just know that the google play store said they were both compatible with it. When I try to install the games I get the error saying there isn't enough space obviously as my Dragon Touch y88x has about 1.93 gigs or the 4 gig drive space available to me that isn't taken up by system software. I had found the trick using the Android debugging bridge to switch the default storage from my internal storage to my SD card and I was hoping this would let me download and install from the play store directly to my card instead as I was told it should.

While it seems to have worked with stuff I buy from the Amazon app store it doesn't seem to have affected the Google Play store. When I try downloading Baldur's gate I get an error that tells me that there is not enough space on the external storage. Which isn't true because it's an eight gig card and I'm not even using up a gig of it so far. Also I've downloaded smaller apps from google play and it seems that they are still downloading to the internal memory.

I could probably have gotten a refund yesterday but I really wanted to support Beamdog, as I love these games. If I can't get them working I'll at least have them for when I can afford a nicer tablet. But I would appreciate if someone could help me getting them installed. They are probably my two favorite D&D RPGs along with With the Pirates of the Sword Coast Campaign from Neverwinter Nights from back in the good old days.

Comments

• DizavidDizavid Member Posts: 7
    I have a bit of a similar issue on Android, with Baldur's Gate:EE. I've now installed game twice, on third attempt now. First time wasn't paying attention to phone, recieved an error it couldn't download. Tried again, and noticed at end of download, when I slid my info panel down it showed appat 98% downloaded. Click it, went to app...where it was at only 61%. Stayed there after it cleared from my info panel, then after a few hesitant moments it said "Installing" for like 5 mins. Then it just brought back the install button to start over, no error message.

Any ideas or help appreciated.
  • DizavidDizavid Member Posts: 7
    Doing it now as I speak. Info panel says 20% done, play store says 13%. =/
  • dougdoug Member Posts: 1
    Game is not down loading to my iPhone 6
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    How much storage did you have free before starting the install (or did you free up some space after a first fail). This will help determine what is happening, i.e. whether the game does not install after running out of space even if you subsequently make sufficient storage available.

n.b. up to 2.5gb is required, depending on game.
    Thanks
  • BdogBdog Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021
    can you please help me.so here's what happened I downloaded bg1ee on my tablet and after downloading it says must be online for first time it opens.so I'm online and it just sits there saying bg1ee.with a download bar and says pause download but nothing is happening.please help. thx I love the bg series so please help
    Post edited by Arvia on
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited August 2021
    Bdog wrote: »
    can you please help me.so here's what happened I downloaded bg1ee on my tablet and after downloading it says must be online for first time it opens.so I'm online and it just sits there saying bg1ee.with a download bar and says pause download but nothing is happening.please help. thx I love the bg series so please help

It may depend on the bandwidth of your internet connection. The part that needs to be downloaded then is quite extensive and may take some time, so make sure to try again with good connection for download and see it gets better then.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I would recommend joining the beta of the next version.

1. Open the Google Play Store
    2. Find Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition/Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition/Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition and tap to go to the app detail page
    3. Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Join the beta"
    4. Tap Join >> Join.