Skip to content

Bodhi Romance??? Also, "Synsilliuviarian?"

Hey guys, I have never been able to find an answer to this. When I first played BG II back in like 2001 (lol), I rolled a Lawful Good fighter and started down the path of romancing Aerie.

Here's where it gets crazy. When I got to Bodhi's Lair, (almost certain I allied with Shadow Thieves), she went from treating me like an enemy to trying to seduce me. I being a teenager was intrigued by this and so unfolded a naughty plot line where she offered to take me to bed because I had godlike warrior strength and she wanted my spawn (or something like this).

So, she took me to her bedroom and it was implied the deed was done. Immediately after, Aerie broke up with me (and may have left the party, can't remember).

I remember this being so crazy/unexpected and honestly kinda hot, that years after I tried to find if anyone else ever had this happened. Never seen anyone say they have.

Anyone have any idea how to track this down?

Also, another question that I can't seem to find an answer to: there was some part of the game with lizard like creatures, and a super creepy one came up to the party and introduced himself, and I'll never forget his name (the voice actor pronounced it): Synsilliuviarian. Such a cool name, I never forgot it. But I can't seem to find that character or moment anywhere.

What in the world??

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Definitely not in the base game. It's possible there are mods you're thinking of here ...
    ThacoBell
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Are you quite certain that you’re not juxtaposing Bodhi and Phaere?
    Balrog99JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    "Synsilliuviarian", I would think, is Thaxll'ssillyia, the Shadow Dragon.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Except that Thaxll'ssillyia never gets his name voiced by anybody. He doesn't even mention it in his own line of (unvoiced) dialogue. And there aren't any other reptilian enemies around, only undead. If there's any accuracy to that memory, it must have been a mod.
    ThacoBell
  • footlancerfootlancer Member Posts: 13
    jmerry wrote: »
    Definitely not in the base game. It's possible there are mods you're thinking of here ...

There was no way I was playing a mod, because I was a 12 year old kid in 2001- game had just come out and I had no wherewithal to download any expansions or anything.

So it looks like it wasn't Bodhi, but as masteraleph said, I probably confused her with Phaere... Thanks man!

As far as Synsilliuviarian, pretty sure he was Yuan-ti, and in a big dark cavernous place toward the end of the game. Like I said, he had some voiced dialogue and spoke his name. I've looked at encyclopedias and monster lists and npc lists and nothing mentions him. So odd...
    There aren't any named yuan-ti in the game*. Or named lizard men, for that matter. It seems like your memory is playing tricks on you.
    The shadow dragon's arena ... that does fit pretty well as a "big dark cavernous place". It's more of an abandoned temple feeling if you look closely at it, but it's certainly big and dark.

OK, the EE has a named yuan-ti "Borok-Tosst" in Hexxat's quest. But that's new content, which didn't exist in 2001.
    footlancerThacoBell
    Very interesting. Maybe it wasn't a Yuan-ti, then.. Maybe it was a humanoid? Are there any other lizard-like creatures in the game?
    It's like he was a salamander or something. I remember him as green, but maybe not.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Maybe from Icewind Dale? There are a lot of Yuan-Ti in both IWD and IWD2.
    footlancer
    edited September 2021
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Maybe from Icewind Dale? There are a lot of Yuan-Ti in both IWD and IWD2.
    I don't remember buying/installing IWD, but I briefly played Neverwinter Nights- don't think it's from that, though..
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    footlancer wrote: »
    jmerry wrote: »

There was no way I was playing a mod, because I was a 12 year old kid in 2001- game had just come out and I had no wherewithal to download any expansions or anything.

So it looks like it wasn't Bodhi, but as masteraleph said, I probably confused her with Phaere... Thanks man!

As far as Synsilliuviarian, pretty sure he was Yuan-ti, and in a big dark cavernous place toward the end of the game. Like I said, he had some voiced dialogue and spoke his name. I've looked at encyclopedias and monster lists and npc lists and nothing mentions him. So odd...

Dark cavernous place with reptile creatures might be a memory from NWN Original Campaign, might have been one of the Old Ones, but the name?
    Maybe if it's a very old memory you mixed up some stuff?
    footlancerPermidion_Stark
    Acifer wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »
    Dark cavernous place with reptile creatures might be a memory from NWN Original Campaign, might have been one of the Old Ones, but the name?
    This might be the high priestess (SAHPR1.CRE) in BG2 Sahuagin city. Her first dialogue line is:
    "Ta'risslysa, ss'uri. Ssivilis y russyla!"

Thanks for the reply- close for sure but I went and checked a clip of that and that's not what I remember.

I remember this dude being the only one in a big, dark room- almost pitch black. He was either just standing there alone (creepily), or walked up out of the darkness (also creepy). Wish I could remember what area/dungeon but I have no idea.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2021
    I remember this dude being the only one in a big, dark room- almost pitch black. He was either just standing there alone (creepily), or walked up out of the darkness (also creepy). Wish I could remember what area/dungeon but I have no idea.

That sounds to me like it could be the final battle with Morag in the original campaign in Neverwinter Nights.

She appears in this video at 45.30
    AciferfootlancerJuliusBorisov

That sounds to me like it could be the final battle with Morag in the original campaign in Neverwinter Nights.

She appears in this video at 45.30

Thanks brother- similar feel but not what I'm remembering. I'm about 95% sure it was in the original Balder's Gate II, not any other game or expansion.
    Permidion_Stark
    You sure it's not the Shadow Dragon and the Shade Lord you're remembering? It sounds like that kind of vibe to me. The whole map is dark and the dragon is in a pretty large undercellar. When you go up to fight the Shade Lord it's also dark and the battle takes place beside an evil altar...
    footlancer
    You sure it's not the Shadow Dragon and the Shade Lord you're remembering? It sounds like that kind of vibe to me. The whole map is dark and the dragon is in a pretty large undercellar. When you go up to fight the Shade Lord it's also dark and the battle takes place beside an evil altar...

Checked both of those out- close but not what I'm remembering. Im beginning to think my whole memory is a fabrication, because surely someone would have remembered this by now.

I remember that level being like deep, deep shadow- as if there was NO light at all except little spots barely lit at all- like one candle's worth of light. And you wandered through a LOT of this. So the feeling was wandering through endless darkness- like pitch black except for a few spots- very creepy. And it was quiet- not a lot of monsters at all. Big rooms..

Who knows, maybe I dreamed this all up, lol. But I remember him saying "I am Synsilliuviarian." and me thinking "that name is nuts, and he just pronounced it like nothing." Understated stuff like that is cool and striking, and it struck me as a great moment in the game.

By the way, I don't think I fought him, so I remember him as just an NPC that talks to you.

Checked both of those out- close but not what I'm remembering. Im beginning to think my whole memory is a fabrication, because surely someone would have remembered this by now.

I remember that level being like deep, deep shadow- as if there was NO light at all except little spots barely lit at all- like one candle's worth of light. And you wandered through a LOT of this. So the feeling was wandering through endless darkness- like pitch black except for a few spots- very creepy. And it was quiet- not a lot of monsters at all. Big rooms..

Who knows, maybe I dreamed this all up, lol. But I remember him saying "I am Synsilliuviarian." and me thinking "that name is nuts, and he just pronounced it like nothing." Understated stuff like that is cool and striking, and it struck me as a great moment in the game.

By the way, I don't think I fought him, so I remember him as just an NPC that talks to you.

You should start up your own company and make this game. I'd buy it. Take my ? now!
    footlancerPermidion_StarkSkatan

You should start up your own company and make this game. I'd buy it. Take my ? now!

Hahahahahaha
    Here's another thought- is there, anywhere in the ether, a library of all NPC dialogue? Like a searchable encyclopedia? Or is there a way to access/pull the audio files from the cd's for voice acted lines?
    I googled "Synsilliuviarian" and got nothing. If it was a mod, there would have been a hit. Memory sucks, I know because I'm 54 years old now. Hopefully somebody else will be able to spark something...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Huh, been reading the Sandrah Saga lp thread on SA, and somebody commenting on it mention a mod and a name very similar to that one. It wasn't exact, but really close at a glance.
    footlancer
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    This sounds a lot like Phaere, as the original game included a plot element where she would try to seduce a male protagonist, and it would break a romance if the PC was in one. Also, the description sounds a whole lot like the Underdark, which notably includes a dragon.
    footlancer
    Maurvir wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like Phaere, as the original game included a plot element where she would try to seduce a male protagonist, and it would break a romance if the PC was in one. Also, the description sounds a whole lot like the Underdark, which notably includes a dragon.

Yep we sorted the Phaere thing out- that's what I was remembering.

I think you're right about the Underdark too- I just took a look at all of the dungeons and that one looks closest..

By the way, I'm not positive on the spelling of "Synsilliuviarian"- could be about 10 different variations of that.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Huh, been reading the Sandrah Saga lp thread on SA, and somebody commenting on it mention a mod and a name very similar to that one. It wasn't exact, but really close at a glance.

Sweet-- Could you point me to that thread?
    Its a huge thread, you're not very likely to just find it. I tried going back to look for it and haven't been able to stumble back across it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955996&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post511752040
    footlancer
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Are you sure it is not just Saemon Havarian when you meet him in spellhold?
    Hm, might "Svirfneblin" be the name your remembering? Its name of the race of gnomes in the underdark.
    Balrog99footlancer
    lroumen wrote: »

Pretty sure it's not him, though the name does sound somewhat similar. And Svirfneblin isn't it either. thanks though dudes

So there isn't a snake-ish race of characters that speak with lotssss of "s's?"
    lroumen wrote: »

Pretty sure it's not him, though the name does sound somewhat similar. And Svirfneblin isn't it either. thanks though dudes

So there isn't a snake-ish race of characters that speak with lotssss of "s's?"

There is in Icewind Dale, but not either Baldur's Gate.
    Balrog99footlancer