Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    @TThales I've been looking for female dwarf and gnome portraits for ages that match the BG style, and they're sorely lacking! I remember seeing some vaguely gnomish portraits here by this artist:

https://www.deviantart.com/enkida/gallery/33798575/baldur-s-gate-portraits

Maybe this one?

wr279m9p3eh9.bmp

I know lots of people aren't keen on portraits based on celebrities, though, and it doesn't really tick all the boxes you're looking for. If you find anything, please share!
    TThalesAerakar
  • TThalesTThales Member Posts: 13
    @energisedcamel Thanks for trying! I will look at that link right after this.

You are correct female gnome portraits lacking is an understatement to say the least. It's not game breaking of course but I would like something remotely close to what I see in my head. I have gotten used to it though, just really bugged me when I started playing again. Some male portraits out there that could be worked with/changed I suppose if I had even a shred of artistic talent but uhh, nope not gonna happen.

I have seen the one you posted, just doesn't work for me but thanks! Oh, that's supposed to be a "celebrity"? Must just be me, doesn't ring a bell.

Thanks again for trying!
    energisedcamel
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @TThales I don't know who the "Celebrity" is either. An awful lot of "celebrities" aren't celebrities at all.
    TThales
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Turns out it's not a celebrity, just someone someone from a random stock photo. Think I need new glasses! :sweat_smile:
    TThalesWise_Grimwald
    edited April 2021
    @TThales Not dual wielding, but here is a gnome wielding a warhammer. It is derived from a halfling, made shorter and the nose was warped to make it broader. Also the shoes were edited so that the feet were no longer halfling feet. A background was also added. I have messaged you but not posted as contrary to site rules since the image that I started with is not my own.

You are right. Not many gnomish warriors available and the ones there are are nowhere near BG Style.
    TThales
  • MalfrunMalfrun Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Hello all, hope you are well. I was wondering if anyone was taking requests for custom made portraits? I have an idea for a new playthrough and would love a new portrait to match if anyone can help.

Edit: Scratch that, found some tutorials and wisdom digging back through the forums and have managed to make something to a good enough standard.
    Post edited by Malfrun on
    Wise_Grimwald
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    squiros wrote: »
    tried faceapp, yielded some interesting results. Face-App-1621785587245.jpg
    Face-App-1621782702918.jpg
    Face-App-1621781621805.jpg
    Face-App-1621781121868.jpg
    i found mazzy's eye color change to kind of wash out, it seemed too similar to her hair, so i restored it here:7c68sd8r1dro.bmp

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to repost the Aerie picture without the insert picture and logo?
    Vasculio
  • squirossquiros Member Posts: 32
    24meioust0ut.bmp
    MirandelSharGuidesMyHandProont
    24meioust0ut.bmp

Great, thanks a lot!

As an aside, does anyone else see a touch of Sharon Stone in this pic?
    edited May 2021
    As an aside, does anyone else see a touch of Sharon Stone in this pic?

You be the judge:

24meioust0ut.bmp

cropped-catherine-tramell.png?w=768
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited June 2021
    tried faceapp, yielded some interesting results. Face-App-1621785587245.jpg
    Face-App-1621782702918.jpg
    Face-App-1621781621805.jpg
    Face-App-1621781121868.jpg
    i found mazzy's eye color change to kind of wash out, it seemed too similar to her hair, so i restored it here:7c68sd8r1dro.bmp

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to repost the Aerie picture without the insert picture and logo?

Imoen and Jaheria make the perfect heroine in that fusion portrait Imoeheria
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Imoeheira or do you mean Jan? ?
  • abel_caineabel_caine Member Posts: 9
    FaceApp is fun, inspired by squiros I made a few7y8zwx5codif.jpg
    hniet0d1ljn8.jpg
    46xmninzyfbz.jpg
    c77c4s9z4uai.jpg
    nmepo9j96t0t.jpg
    u99n585eop6a.jpg
    erclbj3i7nus.jpg
    0kck8yn36bn0.jpg
    akefcka8dux0.jpg
    75rwv5e1a4h5.jpg
    bx95n7ia2d7o.jpg
    qfx19680jlbd.jpg
    e6b5oqztbhoz.jpg
    portraits myself.
    ElrandirPermidion_Stark
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Elrandir wrote: »
    Anyone want to play as the Avengers? Here you go! (Portraits unedited/Not BG/IWD ready. I'm not using them so I didn't convert them, but I thought some people might like to have them.)

Creator's tumblr is Petite-Madame, apparently.

These are downright amazing. :O Thanks for sharing!
    Elrandir
    I came across an excellent image of a female dagger wielding assassin on this thread some time ago. It may have been on a link. She was crouching down and half-naked. I think that she was also a bit muddy. If anyone knows where to find it I would be grateful for the info as I would like to play her in BG. Don't spend a lot of time looking, but if you have the info to hand I would be grateful.
  • Christian79Christian79 Member Posts: 48
    Spell hold studios mirror is down. I am looking for Enkidas version of Valygar (without) the long braids. Would be great if someone could provide it.
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
  • xMeyxMey Member Posts: 1
    Is this thread still alive? If anyone here is still taking requests, perhaps someone could "Baldurize" this picture? Pretty please :smile:

ct6gavwcbdel.jpg

kigl0izhjxet.jpg
    2qiz5wudn9w9.jpg

You'll have to open these in paint and save as bitmaps. For some reason I can't post bitmaps.
    edited May 2022
    I came across an excellent image of a female dagger wielding assassin on this thread some time ago. It may have been on a link. She was crouching down and half-naked. I think that she was also a bit muddy. If anyone knows where to find it I would be grateful for the info as I would like to play her in BG. Don't spend a lot of time looking, but if you have the info to hand I would be grateful.

I found it for myself at last.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=IJ046o+9&id=BA8334E7F2CAE2476D8ABE63D26578F89F60A09E&thid=OIP.IJ046o-9KYpuJLJYLoc4EwAAAA&mediaurl=https://i.pinimg.com/474x/4c/8c/73/4c8c738ee8f7276d65b0bab7c7cd660a.jpg&cdnurl=https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.209d38ea8fbd298a6e24b2582e873813?rik=nqBgn%2fh4ZdJjvg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&exph=705&expw=473&q=thief+woman+daggers+half-naked&simid=607986834777836396&FORM=IRPRST&ck=E70C9C192362494ED56184066A1F96D5&selectedIndex=33&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0

qwrz3yvniovz.jpg

edited August 2022
    I've been looking for a female blackguard on here and can't find even one. :(

Here is one that I knocked together, but it would be good if there were more.

anuizgrg89t2.jpg
    rsjezhq38eqc.jpg

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2022
    Hi
    I edited this well known elf portrait from bg1 to match more closely the style in bg2
    WOM1AL.png - WOM1BL.png

And then I tried and made her look "shorter", more like a gnome, because I wanted to play one
    GLINDA1L.png - GLINDA2L.png

Post edited by Sanctifer on
  • LioraValkyrieLioraValkyrie Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I did some basic colour and lighting adjustments to an old female drow portrait to make my good aligned, mixed race drow/elf Bhaalspawn, and I thought it looked worth posting. I think it's usable as it is, but if anyone with proper editing skills could give it that BG shine, it would be amazing!

My edit:
    bbq0l84uo7w4.jpg

Original:
    psw2q10zcjpd.png
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I have never updated Jaheira portrait from BG2 outside replacing it with the BG1 because despite BG2 looking good. They eyes were so annoyingly crossed eyed. Today i decided to look to see if anyone had a good replacement other then me recycle the first game portrait. Then i stumbled upon the NexusMods. Found this portrait and i can't be anymore pleased with it. so from here on in... this will be my BG2 Jaheira.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate2ee/mods/39?tab=files
    3mxje7uouxm0.png
    edited September 2022
    I am wanting to make a glowing sword in my portraits. All the instructions that I have found are for Photoshop. However, I only have photoshop elements. Apart from anything else selecting is a lot harder. Is it possible or will I have to buy the full program to do it?

EDIT

It clearly CAN be done in the expert section though I haven't worked out how to do it yet. :(
    edited September 2022

fext22gfhear.jpg Here it is. It took some finding. When I did find it, it was by accident. A host of similar images too that haven't been highly publicised.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_RIkf0TVOYK4EjFqHLDXqlaShn8-c.....yg*ccid_iR/RNU5g&form=SBIVSP&iss=SBIUPLOADGET&sbisrc=ImgPicker&idpbck=1&sbifsz=728+x+573+·+81.41+kB+·+jpeg&sbifnm=Thief3.jpg&thw=728&thh=573&ptime=336&dlen=111152&expw=676&exph=532&selectedindex=0&id=1308651914&ccid=iR/RNU5g&vt=2&sim=11

Here are the characters that I made from what I found. I didn't need to do anything but trim. :)

him2zjht39iv.jpg
    1afcvy8f124z.png