Skip to content

[MOD] Balduran's Seatower - Early Access Open Beta!

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2021
    Acifer wrote: »
    That could be the case.
    However,
    The demon counts as "summoned" and I think that could be the problem as the engine thinks it is a summoned monster you shouldn't get an XP reward for.
    Oddly enough, I got a reward each time I tested this encounter.

I went back and replayed the encounter and this time I got the experience so I think the problem must have been that Khalid was charmed the first time around.
    rsh794ul0kfl.png

On a side-note: Khalid kicks arse!
    AciferStummvonBordwehr
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Permidion_Stark thanks for satisfying my curiousity! Seems like you found your way around then. If you want to make sure, there is a description/walkthrough for all quests in the mod's readme.
    Permidion_StarkAciferStummvonBordwehr
    jastey wrote: »
    @Permidion_Stark thanks for satisfying my curiousity! Seems like you found your way around then. If you want to make sure, there is a description/walkthrough for all quests in the mod's readme.

Thanks. I will check it out.
    There is one not yet true statement in the readme:
    -Belladonna flower. One Belladona flower is added to the kitchen storeroom behind a locked door (accessible via quest "Fire Elemental in the Seatower Storeroom").
    The doors inside the storeroom do not open yet.
    StummvonBordwehr
    I went to visit the tanner again. I must admit it took me ages to find him because I couldn't for the life of me remember how I got there the first time around.
    I wonder whether to make things a bit clearer for players it would be possible to mark the door out of the cave in some way because at present it only shows up if you happen to hover your cursor over it. Mind you I suppose that might spoil the joke about the tanner being shut away and forgotten about?
    b1nfsx3vcl8j.png

When I spoke to the tanner the second time he gave me the quest about being bullied.
    However, he asked me to speak to the Garrison Commander about it and in fact it is Captain Dungarth you are supposed to talk to.
    bvmftcy92prh.png
    i497ecptdrbu.png
    rpnmcif9sw7j.png
    There is also another dialogue option in the last screenshot where the Garrison Commander is referred to as the Captain of the Seatower. I guess there is no reason why the commander can't also hold the rank of captain but it might be a bit confusing to refer to him by both titles.

AciferjasteyStummvonBordwehr
    I guess there is no reason why the commander can't also hold the rank of captain but it might be a bit confusing to refer to him by both titles.
    @Permidion_Stark It is. The "Garrison Commander" is the Captain of the Guard. The "Seatower Commander" is the Captain of the Seatower. It's a military thing. One is the rank, one is the title.
    Yes, I will change that, screw Yovaneth's original naming scheme. This leads to too much confusion. :|
    Permidion_StarkStummvonBordwehr
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Apologies for asking but is this compatible with 1.3?
    edited October 2021
    @SirBatince I don't know, unfortunately. Most mod content is added inside new areas, though, so in case it installs fine chances are high that you'll be able to play the quests.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Hi, I notice a spelling error in a dialog :
    wbdp5gkwz0d0.jpg
    It should be "fire resistance" instead of "fire resitance".
    Also, I wonder if in this dialog :
    yxx5jyzptybn.jpg
    "Baldur's Gate" would be more fitting than "Athkatla" ?
    Trouveur wrote: »
    "Baldur's Gate" would be more fitting than "Athkatla" ?
    Oh, that's a good point. I'll have to look into the notes to see whether it was really meant to be shipped from Athkatla, I mean... ew.
    Thanks for reporting!

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2023
    I am locking up and the game crashes when I try to go the left path transition under the prison (pool area where one path is to Temple of Umberlee and other path is to cave). I think this path is supposed to bring me to the tailors.
    v2.6.6.0
    Is it reproducible? Which version of the mod are you playing?
    edited April 2023
    It happens every time I try.
    ~BST/SETUP-BST.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BS Company presents Balduran's Seatower: vEAOB.7
    EDIT: I see .8 is newer. I'll install that and try.
    It works properly with .8!
    Sorry for the false alarm.
    "Darn I thought I had grabbed the latest one for my install last week."
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 151
    This was an engine bug regarding 24 bit lightmap bitmaps. I used 24 bit bmps when I created the areas you tried to access, but that could lead to a CTD when characters are near the edges of an area. In the latest version the lightmaps have been changed to 8bit so everything should work fine now.
    @Necromanx2 That you didn't notice the vxx8 is on me because I didn't write a proper announcement.
    Glad the problem is fixed.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, since this forum unfortunatelly no longer contain a simple appreciation button, I would like to explicitly state how much I enjoyed this mod. It blends with the original game absolutely smoothly, it is not "overpowered", the dialogues and story arcs are very well written and it really feels like an integral part of the game.
    I also didn't experienced any bugs in my recent playthrough :+1:
    @Caszidy thank you very much for the kind words. B) I'll pass it on to the rest of the team.
  • Granger77Granger77 Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2023
    Hello there!

To echo the recent words of Caszidy, I played through this mod last week and absolutely loved it. I am hesitant to speak too soon, but I'd say it's definitely in my top 5 favorite areas of the series. The music, the coastal sound effects...it was all so atmospheric and so well done.

I'm playing the Martyr kit, so in having the Ilmater temple, it really felt like it was perfect for my character. It also served as a good source of material to my character, as I made a few journal entries detailing how much he loves it there and how he can see himself settling down there, Lol!
    All of this to say - this mod has shaped my playthrough and character for the better.

I am so grateful for the mod team and their efforts to make this game more enjoyable for not only the sake of the game itself, but for others. Thank you so much! :)
  • Granger77Granger77 Member Posts: 14
    Hello there!

To echo the recent words of Caszidy, I played through this mod last week and absolutely loved it. I am hesitant to speak too soon, but I'd say it's definitely in my top 5 favorite areas of the series. The music, the coastal sound effects...it was all so atmospheric and so well done.

I'm playing the Martyr kit, so in having the Ilmater temple, it really felt like it was perfect for my character. It also served as a good source of material to my character, as I made a few journal entries detailing how much he loves it there and how he can see himself settling down there, Lol!
    All of this to say - this mod has shaped my playthrough and character for the better.

I am so grateful for the mod team and their efforts to make this game more enjoyable for not only the sake of the game itself, but for others. Thank you so much! :)
    @Granger77 thank you so much for the kind words! <3
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 37
    So, how does one anger the spirit in the well? I tossed enough GP down there for Shar-Teel to scold me and remove the option. I then tossed about a dozen pebbles down there. Do I keep going? Or is there something else that I must do? Thank you.
    10 pepples will so the trick.
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 37
    Thank you for your help. I could use some tips on some other quests.
    1. Liqueur for the Tanner. I found 1 bottle in the sea tower basement and another in Durlag's tower, but I haven't been able to find #3.
    2. Ingredients for the Seatower mage. Unsure as where to find a black pearl?
    3. I haven't found a Sea Troll for the chain winch operator. Where should I look?

Thank you.
    @LawfulStupid please have a look at the readme. It lists walkthroughs for the quests and should answer your questions. (Readme is either in the mod package under "documentation" or linked to from the mod's page.)
    Cheers!
  • Copycat665Copycat665 Member Posts: 15
    I looked through the ReadMe and this topic, but cannot for the life of me figure out what those coins in the "summoning chamber" is about or how it works. Can someone help me?
    @Copycat665 If you collect all of them, something should happen.
    After that they do not have a use atm.
    The mod updates to EAOB.9!

This update should fix the "need to fetch feathers for the fletcher again" bug, amongst other minor things. It also adds compatibility with The Calling's Black Pearl.

Changelog:

-sea troll revision for smoother killing experience, by CamDawg: oBG2 troll handling not needed on EEs; Adding interrupt-false to dead troll transformation; Adding item, swapping 'dead' script to highest script slot.
    -fletcher should not forget that she already received feathers if asked to coat the barrel (feather quest should not have to be done twice).
    -added failsafe dialogue in case the Seatower Commander can't see the PC when doppelganger questline was done.
    -compatibility with The Calling's Black Pearl: added reaction to TC's pearl and extra dialogue for BST's; adjusted item description.
    -tanner should call the Amnian Bitter Liquer by its correct name.
    -typo correction.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited February 11
    I played through the latest version of Baldran's Seatower in my last playthrough of Baldur's Gate. It's been a while since I played the early beta and this was my second time through the mod. I didn't experience any quest bugs or crashes and I did everything available. However, I do remember finding a dying creature in the underground area of the seatower map and it wasn't there this time. Don't know if that was intentional or not but I double checked and didn't find anything.

The artwork matches the city perfectly and expands the city of Baldur's gate by 10-15%. The underground areas are more advanced than normal cave maps but I feel like each cave could be different based on lighting, water, ect. This is also close to SOD which has a similar level of quality in it's underground areas so it kind of blends the two games together a little bit. I think the underground area is the nicest looking area anyone has ever added to BGEE.

There are two questlines that merge with each other and are more in depth than what you would normally get with Baldur's Gate. The rest of the quests are about on par with the quest design of the original game.

The only criticism I can make is that the path finding for the party feels old school vs the rest of the areas in the EE. For example, if I click an exit of a building, when the first character reaches the exit all of the other characters will stop in their tracks and I will have to gather them together at the exit before moving on. Another issue is that there is alot of walking back and forth through areas over and over again. Depending on how anxious you are to get to the climax of the game this mod can bind down the pacing of the game but I figure people know what it's adding to the experience and have no issue with this before installing.

I did find some grammar problems in English and I will personal message jastey the fixes if interested.

I would rate this mod a "B+" for adding a medium sized amount of quests and maps to the game with little to no issues. The writing adds more detail to the main plot and has some quests that are a little more involved than the original game quests. Overall I will install this mod on future plays of the game. Adding this with Black Hearts and Shades Of The Sword Coast really expands the original game in a noticeable way while improving the overall experience. This is one of a handful of mods that I plan to install on BGEE permanently.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited February 12
    I've used this mod before with few problems. I've quite enjoyed it in the past.

In my most recent game, however, I was unable to enter a number of key areas (including the main tower). When I tried to console my party into the area the game crashed. Hence I was unable to use most of the mod. (Thankfully the area is quite modular, so it didn't affect the rest of the game.)