Skip to content

[mod] Faldorn for BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
edited April 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
banerfal.png

I'm ready to announce that my new mod - Faldorn for BG2EE. Yes, the Shadow Druid and a Mother's Fury is now an alternative for calm Cernd. She may join the party, but beware, Child of Bhaal, as as those that play with fire get burns.

The mod includes:
  • All the base elements of an NPC: BG2-style portrait, soundset, a personal item and some wild attitude, of course
  • A new kit: "Shadow Druid - Fury", which is a more violent version of a druid, more like the avenger, with a new shape to turn into (centipede) that allows her use some thieving abilities
  • Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal friendship talks
  • Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal romance talks for male and female of any chaotic alignment (chaotic good, chaotic neutral, chaotic evil)
  • 3 small Shadows of Amn quests, 1 small Throne of Bhaal quest
  • Few different epilogues

FORUM
DOWNLOAD
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    edited November 2021
    Cool!

I hope that crossmod talks eventually become available for Faldorn, Walahnan, Khalid, Skie, and others. :smile:

Awesome portrait.
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    At some point there will be more crossmod talks, yes.
    Thanks!
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Dear Lord, you are a machine! This community owes you a debt for the incredible quantity of high quality mods that you churn out on a regular basis (not to mention supporting the previous ones)
    Thank you! Once this one is released, I may need to move to making some updates and perhaps make a little break and play instead :) we'll see :)
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    edited November 2021
    Nice. I might have a druid NPC next time. Eventually. When I am no longer feeling burned out on BG. Never did enjoy Cernds company.
    I can assure you, that she's going to be more... Wild
    Day Two of Weasel Mods' Winter Releases brings you a brand new release - Faldorn BG2EE NPC!

Welcome back Faldorn, the Shadow Druid, who may now join your group in Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. However, you should remember that she’s a wild one and won't be as peaceful as most druids. On the contrary: she's the wild spark that may start a great fire.

Faldorn can join the party after her original Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn plot. Once you finish the Trademeet quests and become the town's hero, wait for a day or two, and you will be approached by another druid. He will ask you to return to the Druid Grove because something bizarre has happened.

Faldorn has 3 small quests in SoA and 1 small quest in ToB. Furthermore, she may be romanced by males and females of any chaotic alignment with a Strength of 13 or higher and a Constitution of 11 or higher. All these conditions must be met to develop a romantic relationship with Faldorn. However, keep in mind she's not exactly a warm and kind character, and it's reflected in all of her talks.

To make her even more useful, her kit includes a special ability that allows her to change into a centipide. In that form, the druid may use thieving abilities, but cannot cast any spells and becomes quite weak (combat-wise).

Special thanks to kjeron and GoForTheEyes for help with this release!
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Looking great, keep up the good work and have a great Christmas break
    Thank you, @fluke13 :) It's so nice to see you around! :)
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Another must install mod in future play through :)
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Thank you, kind sir.
    You're welcome! :)
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Great job! Thanks for your hard work!!! :)

Btw are there any talks based on how high stats (CHA, WIS or INT) the PC got or ones based on class (like if the PC is also a druid or a bard or a sorcerer, etc)?
    Stats are only important if you want to romance her. Also, some romance lines take into account PC's gender, but apart fom that, not really. There are few quests, though (she cares more about if you're going to help her, rather than depend on your charisma etc), some NPC will react to them, the romance is already there too, as well as friendship path and many other things.

So while there are no talks that would trigger for certain class/kit etc, there are many other things you may like. Actually... there are some stuff I didn't make for other of NPCs and I did for Faldorn, but... perhaps it will be best if you'll check the details on your own :)
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited December 2021
    Stats are only important if you want to romance her. Also, some romance lines take into account PC's gender, but apart fom that, not really. There are few quests, though (she cares more about if you're going to help her, rather than depend on your charisma etc), some NPC will react to them, the romance is already there too, as well as friendship path and many other things.

So while there are no talks that would trigger for certain class/kit etc, there are many other things you may like. Actually... there are some stuff I didn't make for other of NPCs and I did for Faldorn, but... perhaps it will be best if you'll check the details on your own :)

Interesting, I personally quite enjoy the stat and class options in dialogues as it adds something extra to discover for next playthroughs. Maybe I played Torment and Disco Elysium too many times and got hooked a bit too much on the stats affecting stuff thing. ;)

Pretty nice that she acknowledges the PC's gender as it does not make a male and female playthroughs identical even if the differences are not big and such acknowledgment is sure nice for immersion! :)

Any plans to allow for some redemption option for her like with Viconia (alignment change) or some specific reactions from her if a PC druid takes over the druid hold?

She should make a nice addition to my party in my next game install. ^^

Thanks again for the mod and happy holidays!
    I'm not saying I dislike such options, it's just... sometimes I start asking myself questions like "ok, that reply was planned to be druid-only, but... is that *really* something only a druid could say?" so I start doubting it and I just leave the reply option for everyone to use. Especially in times when there are TONS of NPC mods out there and... some people just treat NPCs like one-shots (even if they wanted to use them more than once, there aro so many options these days...)

As for the change - no, she's not going to change alignment wise. She may learn something, but that's an option for neutral/evil parties and my aim was never to add another NPC that will turn good, but rather a "wildcard".

Anyway, I do really don't want to spoil too much, I just hope you'll give Faldorn a shot at some point :)
    I'm looking forward to trying this out in 2022!
    I'd love to combine it with either your Khalid and Walahnan mods.
    Any chance for some cross-mod banters?
    Crossmod isn't my favorite thing to write and I may need more time to create crossmod talks as otherwise they may feel forced :) Plus, I would like to update some other mods first :) Keep your eyes open, though, just... don't hold yourself from playing. Even without crossmod, there's quite some content in there.

Cheers!
    Fair enough. I'm very grateful for all the excellent content that you contribute to BGEE and IWDEE!
    Thank you! <3
    edited April 2022
    The mod moves from 0.93 to 1.0! The changes:
    - Improved portrait (you can check the new one in the first post)
    - Improved compatibility with Arath NPC
    - Added PIDs (an optional component)

Thanks to @Go_ForTheEyes for proofreading the PIDs!
    I'm really looking forward to using this in a future game. I love the portrait!

Out of curiosity: what thief abilities does the centipede form have?
    All you need :) Yep ;) But when in the form, Faldorn is useless when it comes to fighting and doing anything else, so yep, you may use her as thief, but when in the form, you won't heal, fight, cast spells, etc.

They are described the kit text and when you right-click the ability :)
    Cool -- thanks! B)
  • Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
    Love your mods Lava, thank you for making them
    edited May 2022
    Thank you and for all the Goat People that play them, @Goat_Boy11 !
  • ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
    > A new kit: "Shadow Druid - Fury"

Can someone please provide a description about this kit? Readme didn't say anything.

Also may I say this portrait is perfect for Faldorn. She looks like a gf that would key your car one day, only to help you hide a body the next day :D
    Hi! :) Here's the kit description:
    SHADOW DRUID – FURY: These druids consider civilization an obstacle on the path to restoring the reign of nature. They are known to be more hostile than most druids and rarely seek any compromise in order to introduce to the world what they believe is peace. They feel comfortable in the skin of animals, thus they take their shapes more frequently.

ADVANTAGES:
    – Receives a +1 THAC0 bonus.
    – Receives a +4 bonus to minimum damage.
    – May become Specialized (two slots) in any melee weapon class available to druids (Scimitar, Dagger, Club, Spear, Quarterstaff) and any fighting style (Two-Handed Weapon Style, Sword and Shield Style, Single Weapon Style, Two-Weapon Style).
    – Gains access to six wizard spells: Chill Touch, Ghoul Touch, Dire Charm, Enchanted Weapon, Cloudkill, and Carrion Summons.
    – 7th level: May Shapeshift into a wolf, black bear, brown bear, panther, and centipede at will. As a centipede, gains access to thieving abilities:
    Level 1-10: 20 Pick Pockets, 65 Open Locks, 65 Find Traps, 70 Move Silently, 70 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 11-12: 25 Pick Pockets, 75 Open Locks, 75 Find Traps, 80 Move Silently, 80 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 13-14: 35 Pick Pockets, 90 Open Locks, 90 Find Traps, 100 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 15-16: 35 Pick Pockets, 95 Open Locks, 90 Find Traps, 110 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 17-19: 40 Pick Pockets, 110 Open Locks, 105 Find Traps, 130 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 20+: 50 Pick Pockets, 115 Open Locks, 115 Find Traps, 150 Move Silently, 110 Hide in Shadows, x3 Backstab Multiplier.
    The above-mentioned skills can be modified further by high Dexterity.

DISADVANTAGES:
    – May not wear armor heavier than leather.
    – Alignment restricted to chaotic neutral and neutral evil.
    – Suffers a -2 penalty to Constitution and Charisma (max 16 at character creation).
    – May use missile weapons available to druids (dart, sling), but cannot become proficient in them.
    – May not change directly from one shape to another (needs to resume natural form before taking another shape).
    – After changing shape to the natural form, suffers -2 penalty to casting time for 2 rounds.

Note that as a centipede, even though he gains access to thievery, she becomes useless in combat. It's a utility change, not a fighting shape.
  • Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you and for all the Goat People that play them, @Goat_Boy11 !

You're the best weasel hahaha

Had a question: do you make the portraits as well? If so, do you have a tutorial on how you make them?
    They're one of my favourite elements from your mods and really capture the BG2 style.
    I made the last few, using models from pixabay and sites like that, but there isn't any particular tutorial... I mostly bleed onto them for hours until I give up or decide they are "good enough". It's mostly experimenting in GIMP when making them...

I'm glad you like them, though! :)