Skip to content

BG/BGII Characters Pinups

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Interesting portraits....but they all look much too EMO.
  • KillravenKillraven Member Posts: 115
    Tuth said:

Amazing stuff, if you can, you should change Ajantis' hair to blonde, that hairstyle suits Valygar better in my opinion.

You're right... I made so many versions of each character and now that You tell... it's too much rasta!
    As for Ajantis, I'll switch to blond: no real hassle since it's just to load a different texture on the model. And the hair is a model itself, so I can swap it between two characters with minor adjustments.

Question: Anyone has a reference for the Order of the Radiant Heart Institutional Colors? I went for "bright orange" since I read something about that on a FR-wiki, during the game I alway changed the colors of the armor with a little tool called "Near Infinite"... and I had the OotRH guys be dark purple+scarlet.

edited November 2012

Interesting portraits....but they all look much too EMO.

Thank You for the comment, but please tell me Kangaxx is the exception or I'll start a life as EMO myself

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Amazing job! :D
    Killraven
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    Wouldn't mind a bit of Dynahier
    Killraven
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I liked the pics, generally (I wasn't fond of how Anomen looks like he has no neck, though. and Kagain looks pregnant.) Here are my nitpicks...

1) Edwin is a Red Wizard of Thay. He shouldn't be in black. Red is a color I really associate with him.
    2) Dynaheir looks Drow, not dark-skinned. Use Dynaheir's skin color for Viconia.
    3) Branwen's hairstyle doesn't look like I would think a fairly no-nonsense cleric of Tyr should wear. Way too "froofy" for me. She should have Shar-Teel's hair.
    4) I agree that Valygar reminds me of Milli Vanilli.
    5) Yoshimo just looks strange, and I can't put my finger on why.

That being said, Tamoko, Kangaax and Tiax were my faves. Tiax actually looks like someone I might want in my party. Xzar makes me think of Heath Ledger's Joker.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I like the Halflings, they look like they have a lot of spunk.
    KillravenMoomintroll
    edited November 2012
    LadyRhian said:

I liked the pics, generally (I wasn't fond of how Anomen looks like he has no neck, though. and Kagain looks pregnant.) Here are my nitpicks...

1) Edwin is a Red Wizard of Thay. He shouldn't be in black. Red is a color I really associate with him.
    2) Dynaheir looks Drow, not dark-skinned. Use Dynaheir's skin color for Viconia.
    3) Branwen's hairstyle doesn't look like I would think a fairly no-nonsense cleric of Tyr should wear. Way too "froofy" for me. She should have Shar-Teel's hair.

ahah... Kagain is my worst character I know: I sincerely hated him when I played BG and had him join my party, then stripped him of all stuff and sent in a crowd of enemies. I must work more on him.

With Dynaheir and Edwin I must have used too dark colors that after the photoshop treatment ended up too dark: believe me, Edwin's cloak is deep red, but red. As for Dynaheir, I will use a lighter dark-skin...

ABout Branwen: isn't she a Tempus cleric rather than Tyr?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @LadyRhian Branwen is actually a Priest of Tempus, but Tyr definitely suits her better, being a Nordic type and all.
    Killraven
    @Killraven @Mortianna You're right! :P Even so, I don't get the impression that she would spend the kind of time the kind of hairstyle in the pin-up would take. She seems more "Brush it out and forget it" rather than "Use 500 curlers and a ton of hairspray..."
    Killraven
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I really like all the halfling females and Imoen o.O
    Killraven
    edited November 2012
    I have updated some of the characters (not Kagain ...yet) with Your inputs, there're available here
    http://marioroma.webs.com/new-versions

At the moment the website is not working very well for me, though

so I uploaded them on flickr too:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/sets/72157631946127355/
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Mazzy was cool though. Definitely makes me like her more.
    Killraven
    @Killraven Much, much better!
    Killraven
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wow, that new Imoen looks AWESOME! And thief-y, which I prefer over her ... mage-y version of existence when she became a plot device. :|
    Killraven
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Still don't know what's up with Viconia's hair, but good job nonetheless.
    Killraven
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The new ones look really good, though I've two remarks;

1) Edwin's robe is now, in my opinion too light (but then, I loved the previous dark red hue and my monitor's pretty bright).
    2) Viconia's model. Her hair reminds me of Dragon Age 2 Flemeth (so, weird), her skincolour is blue/purple (I'd prefer coal-black) and her staff has a moon shape in it, which links her to Selûne the Moon Goddess, Shar's greatest enemy. I'd put her in dark and purple robes with the symbol of Shar (Purple circle with a black centre) somewhere.
    My personal favorite picture of Viconia has the colour scheme and skin colour right, the way I see her;
    http://www.shsforums.net/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-5803-127974005462.jpg
    (Of course, the discussion on her looks can stretch for 90+ pages, as evidenced elsewhere on the forum so let's not go TOO deeply into it).

Bonus: 3) On that note, all Clerics need a Holy symbol to cast spells, usually a small silver item on a chain, sometimes it's ingrained in their weapon but the symbol of their deity must be shown somewhere. Aerie, Branwen, Viconia and Anomen all miss their holy symbol of Berevar, Tempus, Shar and Helm respectively. If you work those in, it might stay a little more true to the character.
    Killraven
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    Safana all the way!!!
    i'd expect Viconia to have a more cleric-type look, less mageish.

GOOD WORK MAN!
    Killraven
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Vikki looks like the Necro hottie from Guild Wars. Not that it's a bad thing. Just saying.

Killraven
    Drugar said:

The new ones look really good, though I've two remarks;

2) My personal favorite picture of Viconia has the colour scheme and skin colour right, the way I see her;
    http://www.shsforums.net/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-5803-127974005462.jpg
    (Of course, the discussion on her looks can stretch for 90+ pages, as evidenced elsewhere on the forum so let's not go TOO deeply into it).

Bonus: 3) On that note, all Clerics need a Holy symbol to cast spells, usually a small silver item on a chain, sometimes it's ingrained in their weapon but the symbol of their deity must be shown somewhere. Aerie, Branwen, Viconia and Anomen all miss their holy symbol of Berevar, Tempus, Shar and Helm respectively. If you work those in, it might stay a little more true to the character.

Thanks I see Your point especially #3, I will do some adjustment: as for Anomen, I gave him (and Ajantis and Keldorn) the Holy Symbol of the Order of the Radiant Heart (that Stylized Sun, AFAIK that is the symbol of the OotRH, but found no decent official material, though)... but I think I will give a symbol to anyone (I just have to find a good way to)... especially Viconia!! No more Moons...

This is a work in progress of the OotRH guys (that's why their armors are so "nice & clan": those were meant in my mind to portrait them in ceremonial uniform), I have put it on stand by while I get to the final version of each character... I have also some pictures of (my version of) De'Arnise Castle, I will post them later

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8164586627/in/photostream

Drugar
    edited November 2012
    jolly_bb said:

Safana all the way!!!
    i'd expect Viconia to have a more cleric-type look, less mageish.

GOOD WORK MAN!

Thanks, this one is more for Your taste ;-)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8145520364/in/photostream
    Post edited by Killraven on
    So, thank to your feedback, this is the latest version of Viconia (darkest/unsaturated skin, but I can re*render with the purple one)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8164753356/in/photostream
    And this is another "lady in black"... same tailor as her husband ;)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8164840168/in/photostream/

That's all for today, cheers
    Isair
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Killraven said:

So, thank to your feedback, this is the latest version of Viconia (darkest/unsaturated skin, but I can re*render with the purple one)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8164753356/in/photostream

Approved! Looks very good! The robes are not what she normally wears but she should, they look good on her.
    Killraven said:

And this is another "lady in black"... same tailor as her husband ;)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8164840168/in/photostream/
    That's all for today, cheers

Excellent picture of Tamoko, actually looks like Full Plate now. Really good!
    Killraven
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I liked the ones of these I was able to see; however, I couldn't look at most of them, because when I mouse over the strip with the thumbnails, it starts sliding uncontrollably left or right. I can't look at any of the pictures in the middle, which is most of them, and the names over on the left side do not have clickable links.
    Killraven
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    @belgarathmth there are arrow buttons at the bottom of the page to flick through them.
    Killraven
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    By pin ups I really, blissfully hoped you meant 1950s style women in bikinis.
    QuartzMoomintrollDrugarLordsDarkKnight185
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Kilraven, great work. Is there any chance you might eventually add some backgrounds, and crop these into a complete portrait set that we can use in-game?
    Killraven
    edited November 2012

@Kilraven, great work. Is there any chance you might eventually add some backgrounds, and crop these into a complete portrait set that we can use in-game?

Yes, that is the next thing once I am done with the basic "clean & unxpressive" characters.

My work plan is:
    1- Finish off the characters (Kagain from scratch, desaturate Cernd's skin, maybe present a different dress for Nalia... one of the 11 I did for her so far...)
    2- Give them facial expressions and add a background
    3- Generate a set of ingame usable portraits (will the new edition use the same size as the old game? Well, I'm sure there must be a thread for this...). I will add the larger 900x1400 HiRes pic for each one in the pack, and it will be likely available from mediafire, rapidshare or similar remote storage service. I will leave some dupes (like viconica since there're different tastes about her skin tones)
    4- Create a "pool" of foes/monsters
    5- Make large screens of battle scene and similar "multifigure" pictures (i need a new wallpaper)

...and in the very long term I'd like to do "superdeformed" manga style versions, but it's very longterm

BelgarathMTH
    Ward said:

By pin ups I really, blissfully hoped you meant 1950s style women in bikinis.

Well, besides my bad english... sorry (darn)
    I can easily do that.

If nobody will ban me from the forum for obscenity, I will make a virtual chainmail bikini contest (leather for druids and silk for mages!),
    all limited by good taste and no nakedness, being true to the "pinups of the 50s" kind of pics, what do You say?