Skip to content

[MOD] Early Glabrezu spawn for PSTEE

manginotmanginot Member Posts: 2
This is a small Enhanced Edition re-implementation of the Early Glabrezu tweak that was available in Qwinn's Tweaks collection for the original PS:T. The code used is from Qwinn’s original mod, so all credit goes to him for the original implementation – I just updated, tested and extended it for the Enhanced Edition.

This mod has two components:
- Regular Early Glabrezu: Greater Glabrezu will spawn in Undersigil before Curst at the exact same rate that they do after Curst in the unmodded game. As in Qwinn’s mod, these early glabrezu now only give 12000 XP, while the glabrezu in post-Curst Undersigil still give 70000 XP as usual. This component should be functionally identical to the Early Glabrezu tweak in the Tweaks collection for the original PS:T.

- (Optional) Glabrezupalooza: Glabrezu spawn rates in Undersigil in the base game are actually fairly low, as shown by Platter’s glabrezu spawn and drop simulation data, so if you’re looking for a specific item, it can still take a while to get the drop you want. This component increases Glabrezu spawn rates in Undersigil by roughly 5-10 times, both before and after Curst. Recommended for the Impatient Incarnation who just wants to finish farming for glabrezu drops ASAP.

During the WeiDU installation process, you’ll be prompted for which components to install, so you can choose whether you just want regular glabrezu spawn rates in early Undersigil, or whether you want Glabrezu Overload as well.

Credit goes to Qwinn for the original implementation of the Early Glabrezu tweak, and Isewein for surfacing Qwinn's original WeiDU implementation of the Early Glabrezu tweak in a different thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68169/req-early-glabrezu-spawn-tweak

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Nice to see this mod, I wonder if there is any chance that Scales of Balance would also get converted to EE. :)
  • manginotmanginot Member Posts: 2
    Mothor wrote: »
    Nice to see this mod, I wonder if there is any chance that Scales of Balance would also get converted to EE. :)

There is a partial implementation of that available in a different thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79303/partial-re-implementation-of-scale-of-souls-tweak

I have already been working on fleshing out the approach described there in the form of a proper mod for EE, since this was also a tweak that I liked from Qwinn's old Tweak collection, but there are several kinks that need to be worked out with how companion morale is handled in the EE before it can be properly implemented. Stay tuned :smile:
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    manginot wrote: »
    Mothor wrote: »

There is a partial implementation of that available in a different thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79303/partial-re-implementation-of-scale-of-souls-tweak

I have already been working on fleshing out the approach described there in the form of a proper mod for EE, since this was also a tweak that I liked from Qwinn's old Tweak collection, but there are several kinks that need to be worked out with how companion morale is handled in the EE before it can be properly implemented. Stay tuned :smile:

Interesting, though it lack info how to get my two favorite tweaks (Disabled Stats Minimum and Maximum Hit Points per Level for TNO and Party). :(

Plus I'm kinda not good with such experiments as the ones described in that guide and would very much prefer a proper mod.