Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2021
    Hi folks, good to see you're up and about!

While we hope some functions (like screenshots and reactions) will be available again here eventually, the offer to cross-post in our Tavern no-reload thread is still open to everyone.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited December 2021
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Gate70 wrote: »
    Trio 38 (part 4-7)
    Impressive post @Gate70, either:
    - because you took copious notes, didn't lose them and are still able to read your own writing weeks later; or
    - because you have the memory of an elephant. :o

I added to a txt file on OneDrive after each session. Screenshots are on my main pc so will only get reviewed at a weekend. & if necessary I could recreate images from the OBS recordings of trio sessions.

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 227, Core rules + unmodded (226)
    Meey (male Wild Mage, Gate70); Quisling (male human Inquisitor, Grond0)

The Excel-randomater spat out two more characters, a Wild Mage host and an Inquisitor client. We immediately set about rolling up Meey and Quisling, fought our way out of Candlekeep and gave Shoal the nereid more missiles than she could handle. On to Beregost and Nashkel and after a rest at the carnival realised Meey's chaotic neutral alignment had given us a Larloch's Minor Drain instead of Cure Light Wounds. Quisling was going to be hard to heal.

We trudged around briefly before picking up Greywolf's long sword, and with this equipped we hunted down basilisks. Quisling was curious about how we would deal with them but Meey used one of his protection from petrification spells. Only as he cast a second spell on himself did Meey realise why Quisling seemed concerned - how about some gems instead (surge).

Most normal people would steer away from spells after this, but Meey pressed on and used plenty. After defeating the basilisks and Mutamin we departed, leaving Kirian's gang for later. We'd had the last laugh against the basilisks. Or had we. Yes we had; a travel-waylaying basilisk getting a come-uppance.
    kyi7wkcqeeof.jpg

Meey was filling in time now, killing half-ogres so Bjornin will donate a +1 shield and picking up gauntlets of weapons expertise for Quisling. Neera had previously escaped our clutches and stayed away from the Friendly Arm Inn so gem surges aren't great for this bagless couple. We'll probably aim for Nashkel Mine next to try and gain a Cure Light Wounds, and the tome of constitution plus Buckley's Buckler are also high on our list of Inquisitor-friendly regeneration.

Session 2

Meey consulted his foolproof OneDrive txt file. Nope, there was no clue there as to how he died. Racking his brains confirmed a lack of pachyderm-like memory. Think harder Meey.

Nashkel mine seemed familiar, as were the Amazons.
    This was getting difficult.
    Oh let's pretend it's the weekend and see if the main computer has any clues.
    Looks like he ran into a trap near Davaeorn that Quisling merrily skipped over!
    & a better screenshot from @Grond0
    v3zy8cesstu7.jpg

18iehwbokliw.png
    & so ends multiplayer attempt 127 227 (what's 100 attempts between friends), perhaps the only good that came from it was dropping a bunch of screenshots into OneDrive to see if they can be backfitted into the previous trio update.
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    Apparently uploading screenshots works fine now. That's good. Condolences for the wildmage/inquisitor pair, though.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Good to see everyone back. I have done some posting at the Tavern. :)

I had technical issues with my computer and am now in the middle of trying to install a Mega-mod EET. "I may be some time!"
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    edited December 2021
    No reactions available to posts, e.g. like, agree, etc.? That's disappointing!

On the plus side, all of the posts seem to have migrated ok.
    The lack of reactions is certainly disappointing. If they are trying to limit storage, it should be possible to have an algorithm such that the likes etc get deleted after the post has been up for a certain number of days.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Thanks for the nice update @Gate70 !
    I guess we will see a lot more acitvity in this thread from now on. Every report will be followed by at least 10 messages of "Hey, I like that!" instead of simply hitting a button. ;)
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The old reactions are still in the system, and visible on posts. You just can't make new reactions at the moment. That seems more like a feature to be re-added than anything else.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    The other thing is I am part of the Trio, so was letting him know I appreciated his effort. I am not just a random viewer of his post.
    The other thing is I am part of the Trio, so was letting him know I appreciated his effort. I am not just a random viewer of his post.

Of course. My comment wasn't referring to your post, I know the three of you often play together. I was generally speaking (and not completely serious), because this thread usually had long reports with 10+ Likes, and few comments in between, while we now have to write something if we want to let someone know we have read it and appreciate it.
    edited January 2022
    Trio 38 (part 1 2 3 4-7 8)

Gate70 : Wirblefop, human male Beastmaster (plus LN fairy dragon familiar)
    @Corey_Russell : Peel, human male Cavalier
    @Grond0 : Talisman, dwarf male random - Priest of Talos

Wirblefop had yet another plan (it is both called and comprised of "Unseeing Eye, Kitthix, Windspear"). Could we complete the tasks or would we succumb in the attempt.

First off was the Unseeing Eye then. We made our way through the Pit of the Faithless in a thoroughly expected manner (Peel using the Shield of Balduran, Talisman unable to keep himself out of harms way and getting targeted from time to time, and Wirblefop hiding in the shadows but still getting targeted once or twice). Summons and Talisman made short work of the Unseeing Eye and we crossed off the first part of our plan. Despite Peel having Azuredge and the Improved Mace of Disruption to foil undead he was outscored against these enemies by Talisman who used Turn Undead to pop virtually all comers.
    88beec16ctrf.jpg

(Wirblefop can't remember getting a nasty dose of greater mummy disease poison and needing to use four potions of extra healing - both Peel and Talisman said he stood too close for too long so I may have zoned out briefly! Edit: on reviewing the recording I can see I took one hit for 26 damage and every couple of seconds I took 13 points of poison damage)

We returned the rod, killed off Gaal and reported back to the temple of Helm. Next on the plan was Kitthix. Wirblefop realised we'd been in that area to pick up the Improved Mace of Disruption so wondered if we'd lost Kitthix. Nobody was sure so off we went, finding a nice fog of war which meant we'd not dealt with Pai'na and her spiders. That didn't take long and we moved on to the final part of our plan - Windspear Hills.

This went well until Talisman took a tumble (yes, he was happy to see a party death mid session) against a group of golems. Peel delayed the enemies as a slowed Wirblefop limped through a doorway and then we used the rod of resurrection as we closed off the battle.
    49xdnjr67i4d.jpg
    We pushed on and buffed to face Firkraag the huge red dragon. Our summons melted before him and a second set fared as badly but between the three of us we kept pressuring and despite all of us being buffeted and unconscious at one point we were victorious with Wirblefop and his crimson dart claiming the kill. Peel rapidly cleared his full inventory and requested the Carsomyr sword saying it was of no use to anyone else. (edit: recording shows I had already tried to pass the sword to Peel but we were too far apart from each other)
    fl6u86u5k25t.jpg
    Wirblefop had reached the end of his plan so we took the decision to explore the Planar Prison. It quickly became apparent the three of us all wanted Death Ward on entry as a precaution (having being caught out last time I hosted and ending our run). Wirblefop struggled to keep up with his companions as he tried to collect all loot. We also had a party bicker about how to attack the Warden - Peel wanting to advance from the south and Wirblefop insisting on moving in from the east. Talisman remained impartial but Wirblefop pulled protagonist rank to get Peel to join them.

The warden didn't last too long, and we closed the session with full backpacks and goodies still on the floor. Wirblefop will have at least a week to try and squeeze a few more items into loot haul.

(will add screenshots later if I remembered to take any)
    Post edited by Gate70 on
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 308
    edited April 2022
    Wow, it's been.. 11 months? And new forums to boot. Guess there's nothing for it but to revive an old (very, very old) run.

Cliff-notes adventure: A F/M/C out of time, SoD part 2
    Final BG1 update found here
    SoD parts: 1, 2
    First BG2 SoA update found here
    Alright, let's try and recall what we were doing. Ah yes... about to reach the unpleasant (as in, somewhat boring) part of SoD. Onward! We get the Green Wyrmling and Orcs vs Trolls ambushes, and pull through just fine. Next, the party clears the Forest of Wyrms in short order, a single Nymph and her Confusion handily dealing with the giant mess that is the spider den.
    h1htwj9nidny.jpg

Immediately after, we get the Myconid ambush. Though our Skeleton Warriors courtesy of Aldain and Glint aren't all that powerful, being entirely immune to almost anything the Myconids can throw at them (aside from pure damage) means the outcome is never in doubt.
    oembxn55nbid.jpg

The Temple of Bhaal proper goes surprisingly smoothly. Morentherene gets daggered, her sister consistently fails her saves against Web, the Neothelid is dumb enough to surface after only two rounds... all good stuff.
    rcjzsb2p4lwt.jpg

We rush through the quests at Bridgefort and bring the hammer (literally in Aldain's case) down on the Crusade, spending a precious Arrow of Dispelling to ensure the Mage there fails in his efforts to blow up the bridge. On to the even less appealing part of the campaign...
    pv9f18ae4xua.jpg

Honestly, I'll spare you the almost non-existent details as to how we clear the areas before assaulting Dragonspear Castle. Basically, tactics consist of the same three spells as in BG1: Web, Fireball, Animate Dead (occasionally popping Free Action if we're facing spiders or the like). Though to be fair, we could've just plowed through on pure brawn if we wanted... next time I'll probably refrain from picking up Corwin, she makes the campaign almost trivial on her own. Zhadroth drops easy enough to The Secret Revealed, giving us a Ring of Regeneration we don't need (we've got over 100 healing potions and three healers), and a robe casting Spell Sequencer which further trivializes the campaign (casting time 1 triple Fireball/Skull Trap... nothing survives).
    23jedttpphee.jpg

The Shadowy Figure has little to gain by ambushing us (dead-magic zone still means Wands of Fire and Potions of Explosion work). We fail to kill him off before he runs, but it's not like we would have much use for yet another magical short sword.
    b7uc66ext71a.jpg

The assault on the Coalition Camp is easily weathered. We run into a bit of a snag assaulting Dragonspear proper, as Ashatiel (as she is wont to do) immediately bugs out once we enter the duel, claiming we've been dishonourable. Aldain was visible the whole time, no one else attacked her, but meh. We had to plow through a small army of Crusaders to get her, but down she went, and we're off to hell.

Breezing through the pitiful devils (Potion of Clarity/Freedom potion for everyone negates Charm and Hold Person, and Glint wears the Commander's Mail for constant fear immunity for everyone in visual range... maybe Clarity actually gives fear immunity too, I'm unsure), we swiftly arrive at the Hellevator. Everyone gets a full bunch of buffs, but upon confronting Belhifet, Aldain is a smidgeon too late in getting SI: A up, and his buffs go out the window. Eh, it's fine. Everyone else had buggered out of range, so the rest of the party still has their buffs, and Aldain quaffs a Potion of Magic Shielding to ensure he doesn't succumb to a bad status effect. Glint has the anti-fatigue helmet (a beer stein, can't even recall the name) equipped and keeps tossing out Greater Restoration scrolls at Caelar, whilst the rest of the party clears Belhifet's attendant devils before turning on the big bad himself. A True Sight and 5-6 rounds later, it's all over. Literally never lost a run here.
    xtqfam4bn3jd.jpg

Aldain is besmirched, thrown in chains, but makes his escape! Finally, this run can start for real. Up next: Shadows of Amn, where the true power of the Fighter/Mage/Cleric shall be put to the test! This true power actually being significantly lower (in my opinion) to that of a Fighter/Mage or even a straight Sorcerer, but still, it's something new to try out.

Aldain finishes SoD as a L8/L9/L8 Half-Elven Fighter/Mage/Cleric, with quite an impressive arcane spellbook (which sadly he simply lacks the spell slots to make good use of... but I knew what I was getting into).
    wyc2v534mi9y.jpg
    Post edited by aldain on
    edited January 2022
    Trio 38 (part 1 2 3 4-7 8 9)

Gate70 : Wirblefop, human male Beastmaster (plus LN fairy dragon familiar)
    @Corey_Russell : Peel, human male Cavalier
    @Grond0 : Talisman, dwarf male random - Priest of Talos

As threatened last time Wirblefop found a bit of time to rearrange backbacks and made room for everything of value in the Planar Prison. Peel looked like he needed 4 sets of plate mail to nowhere near weigh him down and Talisman equipped Bracers to the Death despite them doing nothing for his armour class. A couple of rests allowed the identification of everything and all that remained was to reconvene and free Haer'Dalis with Raelis and her troupe.

After doing that there wasn't much of a plan. Empty our backpacks at a store. We have a sewer key from Windspear so Wirblefop wonders if Peel fancies pitting his 3 intelligence against mindflayers. We have options such as potions (4 genius, 3 mind focusing) or skeleton warriors. After that, maybe the Planar Sphere.

So we headed into the sewers and a hidden illithid base. Peel duly chimed up about needing potions of genius, and after a bit of prodding decided he would need four of them. What a coincidence, that's how many Wirblefop passed to you at the start of the area. Edit: Has Peel got a secret insight of Wirblefop's plans, is it all a lucky coincidence or had he already noticed the potions!

Talisman used a sanctuaried blade barrier to cull a mage, illithid and umber hulk then we cleared the opening area. There followed a bit of fun as Talisman had his intelligence reduced to 1 (handy hint: Wirblefop was unable to dispel a stun but Talisman somehow indicated to Peel that Alhoon was an undead illithid so a ranged Azuredge strike saved the day), and Wirblefop had his intelligence to 2. Peel was also within a single brain-slurp of death at one stage but we emerged victorious and without any of us perishing. Talisman now has the hammer of thunderbolts at his disposal.
    rkmig0t8p83b.jpg

5o136vs6fbyi.jpg
    Wirblefop consulted his part-baked plan and headed into the Planar Sphere next. Much fun ensued with Talisman getting stunned a few times, and finding himself (a cleric of Talos) hit twice by a lightning bolt in a narrow corridor. Peel meanwhile switched from Carsomyr to a single handed weapon so he could add a shield to his repertoire against hard-hitting golems. Wirblefop occasionally helped out in melee but often took a detached view to shoot arrows or the crimson dart from a safe distance and this allowed him to direct a screenshot or two.

A discussion on how such large golems unable to navigate narrow corridors gave us much to consider, with the eventual acceptance that they must have been constructed on delivery. Or something.
    cd5acewpe6td.jpg

b66o97p63tk5.jpg

z12s3lzy1d54.jpg

ujhmknl62a1e.jpg

ibwdbnnocow4.jpg

wssjatlthu55.jpg
    Our reward for returning Lavok for a final sunrise was a magical wizardry ring. No use to us so we'll sell it.

After Cromwell forged the red dragon scale armour we set off for Brynnlaw. Talisman popped the three meet and greet vampires on arrival but as one had moved we didn't get to speak to our travelling companion and made our own way into Spellhold. Perth the Adept's scroll book got a good going over (at least four fireball pages, three invisibility, and several others before a delighted Wirblefop found Spell Turning. It is equipped and ready to use but whether Wirblefop will remember is another matter.
    838y0b5yts10.jpg
    The Spellhold administrator revealed he was Irenicus and left us to play cat and mouse with Bodhi. Before getting to her we cleared the area - Peel at one point saying he was under Wirblefop's control. Not the case said Wirblefop and we realised a chaos or confusion had our cavalier as a loose cannon. Sometime around here - but not any danger to us.
    xmk6zxk8e0jx.jpg
    Talisman thought he'd pop some more undead and expected the lich to survive. It turned out the lich was all up for a pop but the mummies were made of sterner stuff.
    kvlxzg907ytz.jpg
    We made our way through to Bodhi and Wirblefop used stealth to get to his slayer form. Bodhi rapidly departed as the roles of cat and mouse clarified.

Party at the end of a session with no party member deaths; Wirblefop finally having enough levels for 2 pips in clubs.
    c7mwawq8v31m.jpg

zj5jqohkmw0o.jpg

dfqrjvwadlcq.jpg
    No likes available (yet), so writing my like of this session's write-up @Gate70 @Corey_Russell and @Grond0
  • jaypeejaypee Member Posts: 47
    The random game - Attempt 1 - First and Final Update

Difficulty: SCS/Ascension Insane (no additional damage)
    Weidu log
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #40 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #50 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #60 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #70 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #80 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #120 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #131 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> Sarevok's Diary Date Changes only: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: 7
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #570 // Randomise the appearance of cursed items: 7
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. Some items are lost: 7
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10100 // Remove Protection from Undead scrolls from stores -> All scrolls from all stores: 7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
    ~GAENEMYRANDO/GAENEMYRANDO.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG1 Spawn Point Randomizer -> With SoD creatures (Makes BG1 slightly tougher): V1.00
    ~GAENEMYRANDO/GAENEMYRANDO.TP2~ #0 #6 // BG1 Rest Encounter Randomizer -> With SoD creatures (Makes BG1 slightly tougher): V1.00
    ~GAENEMYRANDO/GAENEMYRANDO.TP2~ #0 #16 // BG1 Set Creature Randomizer -> With SoD creatures (Makes BG1 slightly tougher) - Completely random: V1.00
    ~BGEE_NPC_RANDOMISER/BGEE_NPC_RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #0 // JP's NPC Kit And Proficiency Randomiser, BG:EE: v0.1

Thought It would be fun to do a "randomised" playthrough as a break from my solo Wizard Slayer run, the setup:

- Charname must be randomly generated (There is a website you can use for this: http://bgautochar.com/)
    - Item Randomiser mod
    - Enemy Randomiser mod
    - BG:EE NPC Kit and Proficiency Randomiser mod

After going to bgautochar, I got these options:

z6bwnsql4su6.png

I rolled a 4 with my dice, so my chosen character is Diesa Silveraxe, a lawful evil Dwarven Cleric

m3igon8lh2bl.png
    ecafj22lu77t.jpg
    nwwdamzlrq4l.jpg

Diesa went through Candlekeep without too much trouble, she did all the minor quests. Using the Command spell she made short work of both assassins. Together with Gorion she soon left Candlekeep.

After Gorion's death, she was approached by Imoen (in this playthrough she got the Assassin kit, with a * in daggers and single-weapon style). Although she could prove useful, Diesa did not want any good aligned companions and send her on her way. Soon after, she met Xzar and Montaron who accompanied her.

When resting, an Ogrillon ambushed them. After it killed both Montaron and Xzar, Diesa used sanctuary to escape it. She picked up Gorion's items, and fled to the safety of the Friendly Arm Inn.
    dl1spw5c5opt.jpg
    70hp6brvxspb.jpg

Once at the FAI she resurrected Montaron, but there was not enough gold to also resurrect Xzar.
    On the steps to the Inn, the party was attacked by the mage Tarnesh. Montaron tried to rush the mage in melee, while Diesa used sanctuary. After falling asleep Montaron got killed though, and Diesa then decided to enter the battle via using her command spells. This worked at first, but did not stop Tarnesh to cast a horror spell at Diesa. Panicked she ran away, but this probably saved her life. After regaining her composure, she learned that Tarnesh had been struck down by the FAI guards.
    bjmkyhimf8th.jpg
    s1984zu8qh9z.jpg
    c0m2m3fi5bdx.jpg
    6kjih94wepwc.jpg
    dlkf2fo86nwr.jpg

After doing some shopping and resurrecting Montaron again, Diesa set off to Beregost. Sticking to the road, the did not meet any opposition.

In Beregost Marl was calmed, and a book was given to Firebead. They followed the road south out of Beregost towards Nashkel.
    Here they got ambushed by a fearsome Displacer beast, it ripped apart Montaron. Diesa was just in time to cast sanctuary again to escape.
    50f3xgoebxmw.jpg

Diesa travelled further south, only to be ambushed again! An earth Mephit with friends (including a sword spider :open_mouth: ) was waiting for her. Just in time she was able to cast sanctuary again, and escaped these critters. A bit further a friendly nobleman gave her a nice gift, a ring of human influence. Alone she arrived at Nashkel.
    5vbzbkxd8hvo.jpg
    pc4s352oe7nf.jpg

In Nashkel she got lucky and picked up a chain mail+1. She sold this to have enough gold to resurrect Montaron and Xzar. After recruiting Edwin, it was time to get some rest in the local inn.

In the inn Neira, a cleric was waiting for them. She tried to cast a spell, but Xzar's Minor Larloch's Drain was able to disrupt her, while Diesa's Command spell made her sleep. Everybody opened up on her with ranged weapons. Edwin used color spray, but hit some of the locals in the inn, causing them to become hostile. After disrupting Neira again, she soon fell. The party took her items and quickly left the inn, before causing any innocent deaths.
    vgrmblqwpyw6.jpg
    2zvxmib3m8vq.jpg
    cki1q7zaafh7.jpg

At the carnaval Branwen was recruited, and together with her, Diesa travelled east. They met Vax and Zal, who attacked. But before they could throw a punch, they got commanded and killed.
    10w2bvxf4ikm.jpg
    52or5oz2hsey.jpg
    lh3nm8l2gdh5.jpg

Further east, Caldo and Krumm met a similar fate. Diesa and party were feeling confident at this point, not knowing what danger they would meet next. At the entrance of the cave to the south-west, a Skeleton Warrior was waiting for them. It instakilled Montaron with an ice arrow. Branwen tried going toe-to-toe with it with a spiritual hammer, but got cut down by the Skeleton's 2-handed sword. The party tried to escape, but Diesa ended up in melee with the foe. 2 hits later it was all over.
    f5hmi56lpybr.jpg
    ekb30cz99rd0.jpg
    gxaxo96yakf6.jpg
    r5lm26pexq7m.jpg

I must say that the randomisation of enemies makes the game a lot less predictable, and for me a lot more interesting and fun to play. The wild areas, are again wild and full of danger :).
    edited January 2022
    At last I've completed my EET Installation.
    I had intended to add a couple of stores to Amn, but forgot about them during installation. :(

~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
    ~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.03
    ~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Raise the XP cap: v3.03
    ~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.03
    ~SETUP-DARKHORIZONSBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Dark Horizons" Mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: BG:EE v213
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose an alternate class for Sirene? -> True Paladin
    ~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.2
    ~SETUP-BG1AERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie for BG:EE

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): V13.4
    ~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.9.3
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Core component: 4.4.2
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 4.4.2
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.4.2
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BGT-Weidu, BG:EE, and EET: 4.2.0
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Keelor the Dwarf: 4.2.0
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Llindellyn's Lucky Arrow: 4.2.0
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #5 // Pilar and Gheldehar: 4.2.0
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Fighting Encounters: 4.2.0
    ~A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Trials of the Luremaster for Baldur's Gate: 3.0
    ~A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Reduce experience from monsters and quests -> Reduce by 50 percent: 3.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #105 // Main Component: Amount of -ahem- details and BG-style vs. description text! (Required) -> Descriptive Version [Adult content] and Show/Install all Components with Warnings.: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardolan's Briefing, by berelinde: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Scar's Spare Time, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kim's Preoccupation, by jastey (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Extension of Bjornin Encounter (Personal Wound Treatment), by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // No Starch in the Maypole: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Duke Eltan's Spare Minute, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Husam's Personal Preparation, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Laurel's Post-Hunting, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Bartus' Seduction, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Lina's Massage, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // First Night with Quentin, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Chatting Niklos Up, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Slythe and Krystin, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // No Regrets: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Purchased Love, by Thimblerig: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Hull: Heavy Duty, by Lava: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Late Night with Jaheira, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sil's Blessing, by Lava: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Melicamp: The Poultry Boy, by Lava: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reading with Rinnie, by Western Paladin: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Molly the Husband-Grabber, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady, by Lava: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // The Essential End, by Lava (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // The Harvestmen Lair, by Lava (mature content): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Great Zudini, by Kulyok (mature content): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Messenger, by Thimblerig: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Ender Sai, the Hero's Reward, by Thimblerig (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // The Novelists, by Thimblerig: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // The Honest Lies of Two Riversides, By Lava: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Necromancer's Trouble, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Dinner with Thalantyr, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Girdle of Gender Reactions, by Thimblerig, Kulyok, Domi, Lava, Lastknightleft, Twani, Jastey, Daisy Ninja Girl: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // The Surgeon's Dream, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // All That Left Was, by Lava and Thimblerig: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // A Childhood Friend, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Arlene the Working Girl, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Della May from Thay, by Kulyok: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // A Dirty Guard in Candlekeep, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Phoenix Flame, by Kulyok (mature content): 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // Mikala the Monk, by Twani: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night, by Thimblerig and tibicina: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Camryn and Tamah, by tibicina: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // Minor Disclosures, by jastey: 9.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Cloakwood Lovers, by tibicina: 9.0
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Lovesick Half-Orc: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Many Little Paws: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Brage's Sword: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Legal Sea Charts Sources: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #14 // A Worried Farmer: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bodies for a Good Cause: v25.2
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Finish Cordyr's Quest without killing Sil: v25.2
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v28
    ~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v28
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #52 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #62 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #72 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #241 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's Proficiency -> Kivan uses halberds: v27.1
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd): v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #51 // Valygar Romance ToB, by Kulyok: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #52 // Minsc. Takes. A Bath, by Thimblerig: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #53 // Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig: v15
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #54 // Date Night, by SisterVigilante: v15
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // A Job Well-Paid: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #1 // A Feast for the Gnolls: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #2 // Jumper: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #3 // The Lost Son: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #4 // Of Wolves and Men -> Quest uses hut near Thalantyr in High Hedge.: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #6 // The Great Carlini: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #7 // A Home for the Gibberlings: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #8 // Fangirls: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #9 // The Serpents of Abbathor: 4.2
    ~AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #10 // A Halfling among the Eyeless: 4.2
    ~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BGT-WeiDU/EET/BG:EE edition v1.9 -> Normal edition: v1.9
    ~LUCY/LUCY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Lucy the Wyvern: v5.0
    ~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v15
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.07
    ~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.07
    ~ISRA/ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, EET, BGT and TuTu: v3.5
    ~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra for BGII: v3.1
    ~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Isra Crossmod Content: v3.1
    ~SIRENE_BG2/SIRENE_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for BG2:EE
    ~SIRENE_BG2/SIRENE_BG2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Choose an alternate class for Sirene? -> Inquisitor
    ~FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II: SoA and ToB: 5.6
    ~FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Fade NPC: reactions to Romantic Encounters (RE may be installed before or after this component): 5.6
    ~ITEMUPGRADE/ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades): v47
    ~ITEMUPGRADE/ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades): v47
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Holy Redeemer (Cleric Kit): 3.8.2
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Death Tricker (Thief Kit): 3.8.2
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Burial Defender (Fighter Kit): 3.8.2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Instant forging (original BG2 default): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1251 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Alora to Gullykin: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1252 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Eldoth to the Coast Way: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1253 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Quayle to the Nashkel Carnival: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1254 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Shar-Teel to North Nashkel Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1255 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Tiax to Beregost: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1256 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Viconia to South Beregost Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2357 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multiclass anything): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2372 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multiclass anything): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi-Classes: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2450 // Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2540 // Speed Up de'Arnise Keep Stronghold Quests: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3008 // Allow HP Rolls Through Level 20 (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3093 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3300 // Death Cam: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3310 // Start New Games with Party AI Turned Off: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3320 // No Depreciation in Stores: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: v9
    ~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation

At the end of the installation I realised that I had made a mistake in my choice of playing styles. (The BG1 style which lumpse long swords, bastard swords and two-handed swords together as far as proficiency is concerned.

I can live with that. I hope that it doesn't cause problems when I choose NPCs.

I find that I cannot quit the program in Widescreen mode. That's annoying!

I forgot to install a couple of mods that introduce stores.

In addition I have chosen the wrong options as far as use of armour and weaponry is concerned.

Anyone can use anything. :( Weird: Barbarians can wear plate, but Cavaliers/Clerics can't use bows. Perhaps the mod only affects armour and not weapons. Probably a choice that I made, not understanding the implications.

I will just have to self restrict. I won't have Barbarians using plate armour etc.

On the plus side that mistake will override bugs in some mods that prevented the use of items which should have been allowed.

I have added three mods to my installation: two stores in Amn one for weapons, one for armour; then the Tenya mod.

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited January 2022
    My new run is Cavora, a dwarven female cavalier.

wivwsgweencb.jpg

A pretty good roll. Indeed I think that it may be my best roll ever as a dwarf.

Despite the good roll, being a dwarf, the maximum charisma was 17. :(
    On the plus side, a constitution of 19. :)
    I realised afterwards that boosting Intelligence at the cost of a little wisdom might have been a slightly better distribution of points.
    Vanilla dwarves have a maximum of 16 charisma; presumably, somewhere in the collection of mods you have (that, among other things, enables non-human paladins), the dwarf racial modifiers have been changed.

Dwarves have some of the worst chances at high rolls anywhere, with their negative-sum racial stat modifiers and inability to take the classes with particularly high stat minima. Except, of course, you've changed both of those.
    edited January 2022
    jmerry wrote: »
    Vanilla dwarves have a maximum of 16 charisma; presumably, somewhere in the collection of mods you have (that, among other things, enables non-human paladins), the dwarf racial modifiers have been changed.

Dwarves have some of the worst chances at high rolls anywhere, with their negative-sum racial stat modifiers and inability to take the classes with particularly high stat minima. Except, of course, you've changed both of those.

I assume that in order to allow dwarven paladins, there had to be a change to a maximum of 17 rather than 16 which in turn would skew the possible total roll upwards by one. It still means no dagger in Candlekeep plus a few other items in the south, but it does mean that she can reach 18 charisma in BG1.

I could never understand the racial restrictions for paladins in BG. There are even images of dwarven paladins on the web.

Maybe I'll change the order of doing quests so that I won't lose out on the items.

Diary of Cavora

I believe that I have the interference of Gorion to thank for being allowed to become a paladin as I kow of no other dwarf who has become one.

I do hope that my actions in Candlekeep have not scuppered the chances of dwarves becoming paladins in the future.

In the infirmary I accepted the gift of a healing potion, but then I stole an additional one. By sheer chance my crime went undetected.

Emboldened by this I then broke into a chest in the inn. This time however I was spotted and had to pay a fine of one gold piece.

This paltry punishment enboldened me to steal a pearl from a nearby chest. Once more I was caught but on this occasion the punishment was more severe.

The guard who caught me gave me a severe whipping which might have been a genuine deterrant but for what transpired afterwards. What followed would perhaps be best forgotten. Suffice to say that it was X certificate.

What followed was sufficient to negate the punishment so I still haven't been taught not to break into other people's chests.

Upon fleeing from the ambush after leaving Candlekeep, I saw the death of my mentor. Afterwards I fled to High Hedge where I was able to help Mellicamp. This raised my reputation somewhat.

lwnd7i8l4qxm.jpg

After locating some guril berries I was able to help Tonder. :)

a309tcyj4bej.jpg

I killed the evil Sonner which led to Tenya joining the party.

l8fyxwi2uq7c.jpg

I then levelled up after killing a nearby ankheg.

01uegi9hset9.jpg

In Ber4egost I helped the Dudley family before killing Silke and Karlat.

0tqe8987m1au.jpg

bchmrc0aeh0x.jpg

sl2ajnoi05bz.jpg

I then helped Eltoth and Mirianne.

ne91np479abf.jpg

6n1zd1ema9na.jpg

In nashkel I stopped Oublek from making a detrimental mistake.

I am now in Nashkel Mines with Tenya and with a reputation of 19. Killing Zargos Flintblade furnished me wih a +1 axe. Just what I needed! :)

b22gbkmlexw4.jpg

We then took Samuel to the FAI.

qspoiywrr7ym.jpg

This brought our reputation to twenty so it was time to hunt ankheg.

mif6fs9xrc7r.jpg

uoldo0vffjt7.jpg

After selling some of the shells it was time to buy another good axe.
    I've not played much recently other than in the trio, can't remember when I last posted but have had two characters get into Amn from the Sword Coast. I'm enjoying SoA as I've not spent much time there in recent years.

The first of which was Banshee, in November + December
    A half-orc assassin. She was trying to recruit a BG:EE party of thieves but failed to get Skie when reputation bumped and the temporarily recruited Eldoth left in a hump. Tiax also took offence at reputation. Banshee ignored all this to defeat Sarevok and make her way into Amn.

Her game crossed between Win PC / Win Laptop / Linux laptop, thanks to cloud saves. The downside is tracking down screenshots at a later stage. So far she only has evidence of her backpack exiting Chateau Irenicus (her partner in crime carrying nothing and in need of a temple), and confronting Faldorn after recruiting some of her party.
    7nawq3uy3eeq.jpg

tu3s6wadsaao.jpg
    Mazzy and Valygar completed the party and Banshee duly cleared a lot of areas before foolishly trying to obtain the Celestial Fury katana from a guarded compound. While stated to be a readily available weapon I often struggle to get it and found myself being given a lesson. With most of the party dead (and Cernd chunked) Jan obstinately stayed alive. He was confused, mirrored and stoneskinned, and blocking the staircase. Banshee tried and tried to escape then ultimately tried to kill Jan to allow an exit but his mirrors survived longer than she did.

The second is Varod, January
    An elven stalker. He made a solo run through the sword coast, fully expecting the two dukes to perish at the coronation. A full set of potion buffs meant they both survived and he made no further mistakes.

In Amn, he swiftly recruited Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo. Minsc and Varod collapsed at the mephit portals, and while Minsc was safe it looked like Varod would fail to survive the chateau - until Jaheira summoned a healing woodland nymph and killed off the portals with a round or two to spare.

Varod put this behind him and after Imoen was incarcerated he added Sir Keldorn to the party. A few jobs down and various items of equipment purloined.
    r76v9j833xfb.jpg

klbybmrnp3g8.jpg

cpdc6kwuvk4c.jpg

a7hxfx5z6kwe.jpg

4n298apq5c1v.jpg
    edited January 2022
    It's good to see someone else posting. :)

Diary of Cavora

We joined up with Xzar and Montaron whereupon Montaron found us a considerable amount of equipment.
    Realising that he was purloining it, we fulfilled our agreement to escort them to Nashkel, picking up Khaled and Jaheira on the way.

We left the four of them at Nashkel and returned to the Beregost Temple where we picked up Isra.

Just north of the FAI we took on three ankheg simultaneously. We survived, but only just, and returned to the FAI to recuperate.

Inside the inn we met a rather rude half-orc called Dorn.

Returning to the ankheg fields we were attacked by bandits and more ankheg. Isra levelled up with the result that we are all level 5.

We headed south-west where wew ran into an unexpected ambush. The enemy's magic users left us totally vulnerable before dying. Fortunately the other assassins had no idea about our presence and we recovered sufficiently to deal with them after some self-inflicted wounds. The direction in which we wandered was fortuitous. If the wandering had been in the opposite direction, the result could have been very different.

tah0yv018znu.jpg
    fg7lo451gqx4.jpg

Amongst the loot was a very good axe which will replace the one that I was using. It is particularly good against ghouls. My base charisma is now eighteen.

After rescuing Dynaheir she joined us and we went to kill some half-ogres and help Drizzt.

Something unusual happened. We had already killed all the gnolls and three flind when Drizzt asked for our help.
    After that we found Dynaheir's journal.
    :o
    Enjoy your adventuring Wise_Grimwald.

These are my main PC pictures of Banshee, showing collection of monies owed by Tarnor the Hatchetman followed by how to take a lesson at the guarded compound.
    q9vh5j192e2f.jpg

warzddlyqhrj.jpg

7nyi992eujku.jpg

oaez06u83hv7.jpg

& Varod portal-napping, observing Yoshimo special snaring in the sewers and Tarnor the Hatchetman donating generously again.
    3x6nxxudq6fz.jpg

wvj57yp6ertp.jpg

wv9bgzcib2s5.jpg

lrtencrgwoiz.jpg
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited January 2022
    Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 228, Core rules + unmodded (update 1)
    Mist (female human inquisitor, Grond0); Trile (female elf mage, Gate70)
    Previous run

We had a session yesterday for the first time for a few weeks. That started in the SoD dungeon, as we had finished off Sarevok at the end of the previous session. The BGEE portion of the run started and finished during the period the Forums were inactive and it appears I failed to record any notes (or even screenshots) of progress during that. About the only thing I do remember is being a bit bemused that the random selection of classes was so similar to the previous run - me remaining with an inquisitor and Gate70 updating a wild mage to a (non-wild) mage :o.

Progress in SoD so far has been pretty smooth. A single PfU scroll allowed Mist to cruise through most of the dungeon before assaulting Korlasz. She quickly surrendered and tried to run away - but wasn't fast enough to succeed in that.
    0dsvmponjihj.jpg

At the Coast Way Forest I typically help the vampire, but Tsolak didn't give an inquisitor the option to do that - so had to be sent packing.
    ke2sqffxin70.jpg
    That meant Mist braving the traps on the way to the vampire cave and being poisoned by one of those could have been a problem (given her refusal to use antidotes), but an attempted rest to cure the poison was successful.

We went invisibly to the bridge at the Coast Way crossing, which would have allowed us to just have some peaceful dialogue and leave. However, Mist took the opportunity to fire in some detonation arrows - which killed all the casters in the group. The couple of survivors acted friendly after the discussion with Caelar, but Mist didn't trust them and killed those as well.

We ignored the enemies at the Troll Claw Woods on the way to the Forest of Wyrms. After making our way through various groups on the way to the dragon's cave a rest prompted a cut-scene that I made the mistake of aborting - with the result that Trile's icon went invisible. Consequently we loaded the autosave, which I always find a bit dangerous. Mist did get poisoned by a phase spider in the re-run, but I was conscious of that danger and immediately headed for the nearby map edge in order to cure the poison by travel rather than risk spending time trying (and almost certainly failing) to cure it using Bhaal slow poison.
    ou5dbkg26o9c.jpg

Inside the temple, Ziatar was quickly suffering from a combined assault and went into sanctuary. Mist wasn't having any of that though and an inquisitor dispel set the half-dragon up for the kill. Mist buffed more fully with protection from poison and a potion of invulnerability, added to improved invisibility, to protect against the Neothelid's psionic attacks - that meant it went down easily as well. Darskhelin was targeted with more detonating arrows and the blast from those killed most of his companions before they could act. We picked up the necessary means to activate the transporter at Bridgefort on the way out - just taking the time during that for a single thrown dagger to sort out a dragon.
    7hj4ifylx575.jpggror75rsu7ca.jpgmhwokkonib23.jpgl4172332tedi.jpg

Here are our current character records and inventories.
    sl2raqw7qper.jpgkkyqokq0cv9m.jpgu1ng3qgktegk.jpgviba7d39m9s8.jpg

Inquisitor 8, 102 HPs, 445 kills
    Mage 10, 52 HPs, 119 kills, 0 deaths
    edited January 2022
    Diary of Cavora
    We helped Neera, took her to see Adoy and then bade her farewell. We then joined up with Coran took some boots of stealth from the body of a hobgobkin, and proceeded to the Nashkel Mines. We reunited Rufie with his owner and killed Vax and Zal.

I had an enjoyable run in SoA, details are below although I may have got the post-underdark events slightly out of step in places

Varod thought the Fallen Paladins would be relatively easy to deal with. Minsc and Keldorn could take the heat. Varod somehow got himself involved too and although nobody died there was a lot of party wounded.
    czrtwbyq1ani.jpg

c8h229xvajvl.jpg
    At this point Varod decided to mount a rescue for Imoen. Sure, he still had the De'Arnise keep, Windspear, Umar and Trademeet to do but they could wait. Couldn't they?

So, off to scare Bodhi - Tanova almost collecting Yoshimo as collateral damage beforehand and Bodhi taking a good pummelling without having chance to badly wound anyone.
    xmundo50af8n.jpg

8xk9btitgzv5.jpg
    Before heading to Brynnlaw we lightened Yoshimo's load - allowing him his sword together with the Tuigan bow and Shadow Thief armour as the bare essentials.
    u55wln0rr7vc.jpg
    A trio of vampires were brushed off on arrival at Brynnlaw, and Perth the Adept had a wardstone in his possession. Once that was obtained we headed into Spellhold. Yoshimo switched sides as the Spellhold administrator revealed himself to be Irenicus and mentions that Saemon Havarian as captain of the vessel which brought us to Brynnlaw had plotted against us. After losing Yoshimo and toughing out a dream sequence resulting in the loss of Bhaalspawn powers we re-united Imoen with a scrollcase. One of the spells she learnt was the Death spell and that was frequently used to make good our escape from the maze.
    hvyq87r3vron.jpg

8qm3mttidp1z.jpg

6flr9bzg71eo.jpg

xaza2iyjlj2q.jpg

512b2wxgbry3.jpg
    After returning back to Spellhold we casually watched as Lonk the Sane stood on snares previously laid by Yoshimo.
    udepaorsodb4.jpg
    A showdown with Irenicus ensued, and we rapidly found ourselves facing the toughest foes we'd encountered for a while. Keldorn saved against a disintegrate but many lightning bolts were released and we partook in copious damage. After a bit more combat and a fireball Irenicus decided he'd leave us to it.
    dsm6f0vq20dv.jpg

q6vy1zxw232m.jpg

fl4mfw3syusj.jpg

1iaio539fxh3.jpg
    It, being Yoshimo and his band of murderers. Varod reckoned we'd be fine with Keldorn already having True Sight active but still gulped a precautionary extra healing potion. Yoshimo managed to hide at least once but with his murderers mostly cut down his attempt at a backstab brought a swift and conclusive retaliation.
    p8u42ggashaf.jpg

y87fchd9wv06.jpg
    We decided not to use the nearby portal but instead took a chance of another journey with Saemon Havarian. Once more he failed to deliver us safely, with a couple of acts of piracy resulting in the loss of a ship beneath us and a soggy entry to the City of Caverns. Varod concocted a plan to kill both the Saguaghin king and prince while looting the city before departing. Keldorn meanwhile used a Daystar sunray to kills a group of undead.
    pe8z844k44vi.jpg
    Down into the Underdark. Varod knew full well that the Shield of Balduran would help in the beholder lair, as would the Cloak of Mirroring. A rushed entry to kill off the first Elder Orb and accompanying beholder saw three of us susceptible to attack but we killed them before anything adverse occurred.
    fx1tz9d7ur2v.jpg
    Then Keldorn equipped the shield and Minsc the cloak. Nothing could stop them.

Until Minsc is held and Varod kicks himself for forgetting to have him use a ring of free action.

Keldorn pushes on to keep the ranger safe, only to get stunned.

Varod is at this point seeing the faultless plan collapse. Keldorn is taking the odd bit of damage and only his ring of Gaxx is keeping him upright. Varod suspects some brain-slurping might occur shortly so we muster up as many summons as we can to intervene. Keldorn remains alive somehow, for a few minutes (although much of that may be while paused).

As the summons take off the pressure Minsc recovers. Varod throws him a ring of free action while Keldorn remains stunned. The rest of the lair is cleared without further incident (Minsc eventually using a helm of charm protection so he could attack a second Elder Orb from distance without constantly being charmed and losing his aim) and Varod is left flummoxed as to what happened to Keldorn - a psionic blast (well that's what the screenshot shows so clearly the answer and demonstrating my lack of recent Amnistic travels).
    0ff9mfemdrgs.jpg

4cksl9uzyaf5.jpg

krxqii2y23ja.jpg
    We emerge from the beholder lair and say that'll do. Although... there is an illithid lair nearby. Perhaps we'll have a quick peek.

Jaheira makes certain to have chaotic commands active on one (Keldorn) or two (Minsc) party members. Keldorn takes a potion of Corey_Russell_Genius to increase his intelligence and we set about the illithid. They are duly flayed and we make our escape having seen a gith party make their escape and leave us to free the remaining humans.

That wasn't so bad, so we set off for the third lair and kill the super-generating kuo-toa prince, and the drow party guarding the exit. Having already emptied the imprisonment trap device and helped an imprisoned mage we've done everything except meet Adalon and enter the drow city of Ust Natha so we do that. Having all three items wanted by the Mother Matron means we have plenty of time for diversions which is bad news for some Ghaunadaur(ians) and Deirex the lich. Varod couldn't be bothered to play the two tavern fighting pits or wait for the Aboleth to communicate but made an effort to get some slaves equipped and sent to the surface.
    bzyirrm2alxt.jpg
    After leaving Ust Natha and the Underdark we travelled around a few newly discovered areas. Varod took one look at a vampire infested area and decided it looked dangerous but then valour got the better of discretion. While not a particularly large or complicated area it can be problematic (I often run into problems here) and so it turned out with Varod mazed and Keldorn dying. Minsc kept his act together and the post battle rod of resurrection required no Harpers Call to be memorised.
    a5uiac6rmoqy.jpg
    Free to travel as we wish we got the silver sword re-forged, and Gesen shortbow assembled, then messed around for a while until Jaheira was asked to return to the Harper Hold. That didn't turn out too well for them.
    wwl7if9kmr33.jpg
    Minsc was truly getting his eye in with the silver sword. We had plenty of practice in the Druid Grove and de'Arnise keep - his vorpal sword often claiming trolls when he could beat Keldorn's Firetooth crossbow or Imoen's Death spell. It even allowed a safe ingress to the Planar Prison. Once in we quickly made our way round and exited.
    x7nicerhx9d8.jpg

z0k39fkao5bj.jpg
    On our way out of the Bridge district Varod noticed a door we had opened earlier and it was time to introduce ourselves to the Twisted Rune. Minsc threw Azuredge at Shangalar while Keldorn used Daystar and Varod emerged from the shadows with his improved mace. Shangalar flopped to the ground.

Revanek was moving around as Keldorn closed in on the beholder. Keldorn quickly finished his job as the rest of us focused on Revanek. Shyressa the vampire was another easy victim and this left Layene the mage isolated apart from the Pit Fiend she summoned. Keldorn fired in a dispel magic and we moved in to end her pain.
    kpjq6tjergel.jpg

znmke6v76hfu.jpg
    Matters were proceeding nicely, so Varod decided to get a group portrait.
    1fprn1hfh5k8.jpg

kp44ollbfnis.jpg

ykm3rk90900n.jpg

pi7vaom3yds8.jpg

ow2cawifns9w.jpg
    The Planar Sphere was next, followed by Umar and then Windspear Hills. A tactical mistake by Keldorn saw him wield the Dragon's Breath halberd and the flaw in this was seeing the red dragon and all it's belongings shatter from cold damage.
    xgzw6sum8ap3.jpg

8vp9m2yhln21.jpg

j9jr9muj9otq.jpg
    Varod had spent much time trying to progress on two fronts. Firstly, Jaheira had stalled her romance with him and secondly the mayor of Umar Hills was refusing to send for help after returning a trinket to Tombelthen. Eventually he tired of this and went to see Bodhi for one last time. She didn't try to abduct Jaheira (presumably due to going to the Underdark too early) and was spiked for good.
    jge0m9jus4cd.jpg
    We returned to the Underdark exit and were escorted to Suldanessellar. Varod thought we should do a bit of a detour though and went back to Watchers Keep. As he strolled around the entry level he really should have noted the additional statues but thought we'd only have two to fight initially. Two additional casters caught him unaware and he decided to try killing the statue with Usuno's Blade first. As that happened, we split up to attack the casters but one had cast an insect plague. The entire party was caught but we had plenty of extra healing potions so seemed safe. Then Varod was affected by panic - not sure if a spell was cast or his lowly charisma and wounds caused it. Keldorn tried to dispel but the insects prevented that and a few moments later the insects claimed their Bhaalspawn bounty.
    asqtaohmsoq0.jpg

2vxin6fksvlo.jpg
    By the end I was getting too involved in playing the game (enjoying it!) and not concentrating enough on tactical preparation resulting in several moments where I'd prepared insufficiently. I'll probably have another gap now before returning to BG:EE
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Gate70 wrote: »
    Then Varod was affected by panic - not sure if a spell was cast or his lowly charisma and wounds caused it. Keldorn tried to dispel but the insects prevented that and a few moments later the insects claimed their Bhaalspawn bounty.

In an unmodded game Insect Plague itself causes fear on the affected creature (subject to failing their saving throw).

"When this spell is cast by the priest, a hoard of creeping, hopping, and flying insects gather and swarm. This swarm will jump first to the target, then to the nearest allies of the target's, until up to 6 creatures have been affected. Spellcasting within the swarm is impossible (100% chance of spell failure). Creatures in the insect plague sustain 1 point of damage every 2 seconds they remain within regardless of their Armor Class, due to the bites and stings of the insects. Invisibility is no protection. Due to the suffocating nature of the writhing insect swarm, each victim must make a Saving Throw vs. Breath Weapon or run away in fear for 1 round."

I'm sorry for your loss, but it's great to hear that you had fun with your run. And thanks for sharing it with us!

Regards,

B.
    Borco wrote: »
    [
    In an unmodded game Insect Plague itself causes fear on the affected creature (subject to failing their saving throw).
    Of course, thank you for reminding me :)

I'm pretty sure that protagonists are immune to ordinary morale failure; it's only recruitable NPCs and enemies that panic if they get hurt too much.

So ... it was the direct spell effect. Varod failed a save, and that was that.