Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Planned Patch Items | Windows, macOS, Linux

18910111214»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I assume, since this subcategory still exists, that there are still planned updates in the short term?

We still need to do mobile updates.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2021
    with those summoned skeletons is another bug in iwd multi, if you left some of them and rest or something they are staying and changing controler (leader of party) and teleporting to undiscovered part of map and those skeletons after kill are giving experience. And there is one more i think bug, when you dismiss from party mage with familiar these familiar then is appearing in leader equipment and you cannot remove it.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2021
    I assume, since this subcategory still exists, that there are still planned updates in the short term?

We still need to do mobile updates.

That's it? So the bug added by 2.6 making simulacrums unable to use Thief skills will go unresolved for who knows how long? Well then I'll have to downgrade to 2.5.

Unless some bright minds here find a way to fix it, but I'm guessing this thing is hardcoded.
    Post edited by royalprotector on
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2021
    @royalprotector As much as I sympathize with you, we all must remember that Beamdog is still a relatively small company with limited time and resources. Even if/when they do have the time and resources available, they must prioritize the order in which they fix bugs according to their triage scale. I know it doesn't make the situation suck any less. I mean, after all, we play these games to forget about real life for a while. We shouldn't have to be reminded how real life can be a kidney-stone-passing-pain-in-the-delta in what is supposed to be our sanctuary. Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2021
    I suppose the same could be said about the Aurora Engine as well.

When it comes to working long hours, believe me, I am no stranger to that. In the week leading into the 4th of July, I clocked almost 61 hours. That was the first of my last two weeks after five and a half years with Freight Handlers, Incorporated.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2021
    You're both right. I'm not here to whine and I meant no disrespect. As I said, I'll just downgrade to 2.5. It's not a big deal. I'm thankful that option exists, it's really cool that the developers still offer that option.
  • DudoDudo Member Posts: 361
    i have all games beamdog version, its patch 2.6.6 avalaible ? Cause i have 2.6.5 now.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    In icewind dale multi I had bug, one of companion spoke with mage in Seldarine hand and he gave parts of astrolobium, one part was missing so after we found it and we tried give back last part the dialoque options didnt appear and we couldnt progress storyline :/ but it was good game anyway
  • lehulklehulk Member Posts: 2
    Is the version 2.6 still in the work for iOS or is that not going to happen ? Got a new iPad and being asked to buy Neera… again.

If it is, any chance it will come out this year ?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    I've said it before and it may sound overly critical, but I think the way Beamdog approached patches is really at least partly to blame here.

Each of the patches is so large and contains features instead of only bugfixes or fixes that are more QoL than really needed.

Was anyone really upset that you could not refresh fireshield before the duration ran out? But now fireshield has the ping-pong bug. The new features per patch has slowed down a fair bit at least, but it's still an issue.

Don't mistake me, I think it's neat that they do these kind of big new feature patches, but smaller patches just fixing things like individual spell files or something like the new Simulacrum issue in-between would be such an improvement. I'm even convinced it ends up being less work in the long run, as there would be fewer bug reports to process and it's easier to detect unintended side effects if making only a few changes at a time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    lehulk wrote: »
    Is the version 2.6 still in the work for iOS or is that not going to happen ? Got a new iPad and being asked to buy Neera… again.

We're close to ending the Android beta for the patch. See another stickied thread. Once the Android version is done, we'll start working on the iOS version. The iAP issue on iOS is known and will be addressed. Thanks for your understanding.
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    lehulk wrote: »

We're close to ending the Android beta for the patch. See another stickied thread. Once the Android version is done, we'll start working on the iOS version. The iAP issue on iOS is known and will be addressed. Thanks for your understanding.

Hey, hi! Can you give quick update about the android/ios 2.6 update and the current progress? I am especially interested about ios as it was not worked extensively on 2.6 few months back. Did the team start to work on 2.6 for ios?
  • lehulklehulk Member Posts: 2
    Any update on the 2.6 version for IOS ? When can we expect to see it ? Thanks !!
  • PuleyoVonAndradePuleyoVonAndrade Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2022
    @JuliusBorisov (please, please listen to me)

At this point the next iOS release should be compatible with M1 Apple Silicon ARMCPU, so in this way it will work on Macbook Air/PRO with Apple silicon CPU ...

The actual iOS release of BGE I and II start on Macbook AppleSilicon, they can be downloaded from Applestore selecting the iOS software. But iOS release on macbook AppleSilicon does non have fully window or resizeable window and you cannot save the game it hangs.
    I tried so many times but the 2.5 release of BGE 1 (iOS) version on my macbook AppleSilicon is still buggy...

...do no tell me about x86/64 release and RosettaII emulation ...no, You do not buy an AppleSilicon Mac to run a X86/64 emulated code when a iOS optimized code can work on Macbook if the programmers remind that one should resize the window game and save the gameplay or use the CHEAT CONSOLE ... (Cheat Console should be run on AppleSilicon too !)
    We hear you, but the code for 2.6 is locked. We'll have to add the M1 Apple Silicon support in the iOS version when the App Store says it's imperative. Just as we did upgrade the games to 64bit to be compatible with Catalina.