Skip to content

[mod] Faldorn for BG2EE

2»

Comments

• Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for explaining, do you use a particular filter to make the photos look a painting? Theres a similar filter/effect on Photoshop but it's pretty bad
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    There is no single rule. Sometimes I just continue smudging, sometimes I try to run it through Prisma filters, but I never use the final result, sometimes I keep it on top of the portrait (version from before I used the filter) with ~20% opacity or I just drop it. But again, other times I just keep painting and smudging over the portrait until they have this BG2 art feel. I suppose you just need to experiment until you have your own method.
  • Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks again Lava that's very helpful!
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51
    Hi! :) Here's the kit description:
    SHADOW DRUID – FURY: These druids consider civilization an obstacle on the path to restoring the reign of nature. They are known to be more hostile than most druids and rarely seek any compromise in order to introduce to the world what they believe is peace. They feel comfortable in the skin of animals, thus they take their shapes more frequently.

ADVANTAGES:
    – Receives a +1 THAC0 bonus.
    – Receives a +4 bonus to minimum damage.
    – May become Specialized (two slots) in any melee weapon class available to druids (Scimitar, Dagger, Club, Spear, Quarterstaff) and any fighting style (Two-Handed Weapon Style, Sword and Shield Style, Single Weapon Style, Two-Weapon Style).
    – Gains access to six wizard spells: Chill Touch, Ghoul Touch, Dire Charm, Enchanted Weapon, Cloudkill, and Carrion Summons.
    – 7th level: May Shapeshift into a wolf, black bear, brown bear, panther, and centipede at will. As a centipede, gains access to thieving abilities:
    Level 1-10: 20 Pick Pockets, 65 Open Locks, 65 Find Traps, 70 Move Silently, 70 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 11-12: 25 Pick Pockets, 75 Open Locks, 75 Find Traps, 80 Move Silently, 80 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 13-14: 35 Pick Pockets, 90 Open Locks, 90 Find Traps, 100 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 15-16: 35 Pick Pockets, 95 Open Locks, 90 Find Traps, 110 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 17-19: 40 Pick Pockets, 110 Open Locks, 105 Find Traps, 130 Move Silently, 100 Hide in Shadows, x2 Backstab Multiplier.
    Level 20+: 50 Pick Pockets, 115 Open Locks, 115 Find Traps, 150 Move Silently, 110 Hide in Shadows, x3 Backstab Multiplier.
    The above-mentioned skills can be modified further by high Dexterity.

DISADVANTAGES:
    – May not wear armor heavier than leather.
    – Alignment restricted to chaotic neutral and neutral evil.
    – Suffers a -2 penalty to Constitution and Charisma (max 16 at character creation).
    – May use missile weapons available to druids (dart, sling), but cannot become proficient in them.
    – May not change directly from one shape to another (needs to resume natural form before taking another shape).
    – After changing shape to the natural form, suffers -2 penalty to casting time for 2 rounds.

Note that as a centipede, even though he gains access to thievery, she becomes useless in combat. It's a utility change, not a fighting shape.

This really looks like a great kit, @LavaDelVortel ! Now I really fancy to make a Shadow Druid Fury myself... Unfortunately, I'm not a modder... Would it be very unkind to ask if it would be possible for you to realease only the kit in a stand-alone version for BG1EE and BG2EE? Or would that be very complicated?

Anyway, on my next BG2 playthrough, I'll give Faldorn a go!
    Sorry, not on my to-do list right now. My time is limited lately and perhaps it's just best if that's just her kit anyway... I'll think about it, but I don't think I'm really keen on that idea :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Erstarrung
    The NPC EE mod might allow custom kits like this to apply to PCs.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2023
    Um...I might be blind but...I cannot seem to find the Poachers Hideout in the City Gates Area...It says it's near the "crooked Crane Inn" but...I don't see any area to enter around there. Can someone tell me what I am missing?

It's the "Faldron and the Chipped Fang" quest in case anyone was wondering.
    There is an entrance somewhere here:
    s6yz5jev5tu7.png

HOWEVER, if you haven't started a new game and added Faldorn to your already existing run, and if you visited City Gates before you installed the mod, the entrance won't be there, because the existing area was already saved in your savegame.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    There is an entrance somewhere here:
    s6yz5jev5tu7.png

HOWEVER, if you haven't started a new game and added Faldorn to your already existing run, and if you visited City Gates before you installed the mod, the entrance won't be there, because the existing area was already saved in your savegame.

got it! I installed after I visited that area...thank you for clearing that up (and so quickly I might add!) and ill be sure to use her on my next playthrough!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Was Faldorn's image for this mod intentionally a reference to Stacey Pilgrim AKA Anna Kendrik?

Thankee!
    No.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    If I change her base class to fighter and dual her to druid, will that negatively impact any of her quests?
    Uhm, I never tested that but it should be fine. There are no checks to see what her class / kit is :)