Skip to content

[MOD] "Heroes, Thieves and Moneylenders" - Banter/Quest/Romance Mod for BG2!

Comments

• Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Mod updated!
    New version - 4.2.2!
    • Fixed a bug in the storyteller scene
    Mod updated!
    New version - 4.2.3!
    • Fixed a bug when installing the fifth component
    Mod updated!
    New version - 4.2.4!
    • Fixed a bug in Anomen's new interjection during the first dialogue with Valygar. Thanks for the bug report Chicken7023!
    Mod updated!
    New version - 4.2.6!

- Now after the battle of the half-orcs with the Collector, if any of them survived, they will all leave the battlefield
    - Fixed installation bug of the first component (the bug appeared in the previous version due to an oversight)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    edited June 2022
    My party took out the Collector (working for the Jackal) and nothing has happened since then. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen in order for my party to get the pirate treasure quest.

Is Shahbaz supposed to appear in the bank? (Perhaps he doesn't appear until Chapter 3? I'm still in Chapter 2, but nearing the end.)

The "solution" I used in an earlier run ("CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ANshakal","GLOBAL",9)") didn't seem to work this time (perhaps because I'm using a more recent version of the mod).
    Similarly, the messenger for the Troll quest never appeared. (It's been weeks since my party completed the Circus quest.) Again, the "solution" I used in a previous run (entering "CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("ANQuayleTroll","GLOBAL",0)") doesn't seem to work.
    edited June 2022
    My party took out the Collector (working for the Jackal) and nothing has happened since then. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen in order for my party to get the pirate treasure quest.

Is Shahbaz supposed to appear in the bank? (Perhaps he doesn't appear until Chapter 3? I'm still in Chapter 2, but nearing the end.)

The "solution" I used in an earlier run ("CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ANshakal","GLOBAL",9)") didn't seem to work this time (perhaps because I'm using a more recent version of the mod).

What do you mean by "nothing has happened"? You returned to the Slums and the Jackal gave out money as a reward after killing the Collector? If yes, then everything is OK, wait one day, after that the messenger will appear and invite you to the bank. Come to the bank on the lower floor and meet Shahbaz there (in chapter 2 or 3). He will give you a quest related to the pirate's treasure.

If the Jackal for some reason did not give you a reward (although this should not have happened, no test showed such an error before), then the "ANShahbazTimer" timer will not work and the messenger will not appear because of this. Then set the variable to Global("ANshakal","GLOBAL",11) and come to the bank, Shahbaz will be there.

P.S. And, I hope, after installing the mod, you started a new game? Otherwise, there will definitely be errors.
    Similarly, the messenger for the Troll quest never appeared. (It's been weeks since my party completed the Circus quest.) Again, the "solution" I used in a previous run (entering "CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("ANQuayleTroll","GLOBAL",0)") doesn't seem to work.
    Here are all the conditions under which Quayle's messenger will appear - check if they are all met
    Chapter - 2 or 3
    GlobalTimerExpired("ANQuayleTimer","GLOBAL") // (the timer has been set and has already expired)
    Global("ANQuayleTroll","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    !AreaCheck("AR0700") // (area is no Promenade)
    CombatCounter(0) // (not battle)
    !Dead("Aerie") // Aerie is not dead
    !Dead("Quayle") // Quayle is not dead
    Global("ANbrusTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Again, make sure you start a new game after installing the mod.
  • jdem93jdem93 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Hey there!

First of all I would like to say - what an amazing job with the mod! Just incredible, detailed, well thought of content. You managed to introduce a mod which really fits to the original game content. Some quests really also give such traditional DnD session vibe. I love it!

I have two things I wanted to talk about.

1. If you need help and would like to add a Polish translation to the mod - I'm up for doing it for free, I'm a certified translator. Just hit me up! ;)

2. I have a problem with the Pirate Legacy quest.
    So I got to Brynlaww and recieved the information about the treasure location. I got to the cave, and now I'm trying to solve the riddle with rings / gemstones. And I'm stuck. I figured out that maybe both the order of putting the rings on and the proper ring choice matters. So I followed the order of poem verses from the document. And... still nothing :D my reasoning is at follows:
    1. Since it's in the middle of the mountain range and the stone is the color of blush - I choose ruby for the middle finger.
    2. Mountain smaller than others, so I chose pinky finger and gold - since the riddle speaks of a treasure desired by basically all mankind.
    3. Here I thought about the middle finger again since the volcano is huge... but what's left is the index finger. So I chose fire opal for the index finger (I also tried putting it on the middle finger together with the ruby :D)
    4. I chose the ring finger and silver - especially because of the riddle mentioning death howls of werewolves.
    5. Onyx as the symbol of darkness and thumb- since the mountain is further than others.

I followed the above mentioned order and the chest refuses to open.

What am I missing? Can you give me any tip?
    jdem93 wrote: »
    Hey there!

First of all I would like to say - what an amazing job with the mod! Just incredible, detailed, well thought of content. You managed to introduce a mod which really fits to the original game content. Some quests really also give such traditional DnD session vibe. I love it!
    Hello! Thank you very much for your kind words! Our team has been working hard on this mod and glad people are using it! :)
    If you need help and would like to add a Polish translation to the mod - I'm up for doing it for free, I'm a certified translator. Just hit me up!
    We would be very grateful to you for this!) And, of course, we welcome any translations!
    I have a problem with the Pirate Legacy quest.
    You did everything right, except for points 3 and 5, they need to be swapped :)
    Austin87 wrote: »

What do you mean by "nothing has happened"? You returned to the Slums and the Jackal gave out money as a reward after killing the Collector? If yes, then everything is OK, wait one day, after that the messenger will appear and invite you to the bank. Come to the bank on the lower floor and meet Shahbaz there (in chapter 2 or 3). He will give you a quest related to the pirate's treasure.

If the Jackal for some reason did not give you a reward (although this should not have happened, no test showed such an error before), then the "ANShahbazTimer" timer will not work and the messenger will not appear because of this. Then set the variable to Global("ANshakal","GLOBAL",11) and come to the bank, Shahbaz will be there.

P.S. And, I hope, after installing the mod, you started a new game? Otherwise, there will definitely be errors.

The mod was installed before I started the game.

I received the reward from the Jackal (atop the Copper Coronet). But nothing happened after that -- i.e., no messenger appeared. Weeks have passed since the Jackal rewarded my party.

I'll try entering the variable you mention and see if that spawns the messenger.
    OK, I entered: SetGlobal ("ANshakal","GLOBAL",11)
    No messenger appears, but I then went to the 2nd level of the bank and entered: CreateCreature("ANshahba")
    Shahbaz appeared and offered my party the quest.

I wonder if I'm having a problem with messengers appearing in my game (since no messenger appeared for the Troll quest either)?

Anyhow, thanks again for this mod and your help!
    Here are all the conditions under which Quayle's messenger will appear - check if they are all met
    Chapter - 2 or 3
    GlobalTimerExpired("ANQuayleTimer","GLOBAL") // (the timer has been set and has already expired)
    Global("ANQuayleTroll","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    !AreaCheck("AR0700") // (area is no Promenade)
    CombatCounter(0) // (not battle)
    !Dead("Aerie") // Aerie is not dead
    !Dead("Quayle") // Quayle is not dead
    Global("ANbrusTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Again, make sure you start a new game after installing the mod.

Yes, I meet all those conditions (and started a new game after installing the mod). As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't seem to be getting the messengers for this mod.

No worries if it's not possible to solve this problem. :smile:
  • jdem93jdem93 Member Posts: 2
    jdem93 wrote: »
    Hey there!

Hello! Thank you very much for your kind words! Our team has been working hard on this mod and glad people are using it! :)
    If you need help and would like to add a Polish translation to the mod - I'm up for doing it for free, I'm a certified translator. Just hit me up!
    We would be very grateful to you for this!) And, of course, we welcome any translations!
    I have a problem with the Pirate Legacy quest.
    You did everything right, except for points 3 and 5, they need to be swapped :)

Thank you! :) I messaged you on priv regarding the translation

Yes, I meet all those conditions (and started a new game after installing the mod). As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't seem to be getting the messengers for this mod.

No worries if it's not possible to solve this problem. :smile:
    Thank you! I will install the mod and check again if the messengers appear. I'll try to find the reason for this bug.

edited June 2022
    I thought that I would mention that no messenger appeared in Chapter 3 for the quest from Renal Bloodscalp (I had sided with the Thieves at the end of Chapter 2).

A thought: I have SCS installed, including the component that raises the amount needed to proceed to Chapter 3 (I raised it to 100,000 gp). Neither Valen nor Brus appeared once I had 75% of that amount in hand (so I just went directly to Gaelen Bayle). I wonder if that's somehow messing up the appearance of messengers?

(ETA: The messenger never appeared for the final quest of the Planar Sphere [my PC is a mage]. So I created the messenger via CLUAConsole, which triggered the quest with no problem. But it's another case of a messenger not appearing in my game.)

[Edited to fix typo]
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    I thought that I would mention that no messenger appeared in Chapter 3 for the quest from Renal Bloodscalp (I had sided with the Thieves at the end of Chapter 2).

A thought: I have SCS installed, including the component that raises the amount needed to proceed to Chapter 3 (I raised it to 100,000 gp). Neither Valen nor Brus appeared once I had 75% of that amount in hand (so I just went directly to Gaelen Bayle). I wonder if that's somehow messing up the appearance of messengers?

(ETA: The messenger never appeared for the final quest of the Planar Sphere [my PC is a mage]. So I created the messenger via CLUAConsole, which triggered the quest burg no problem. But it's another case of a messenger not appearing in my game.)

On heavily modded games I have had cases of messengers appearing but not starting their dialogue with the party, not limited to HT&M. It may be a mod conflict, it may be a vanilla bug, it may be many scripts slowing the game down enough that I get away from the npc before they can begin their dialogue and never notice them, and it may be some combination of factors.
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    On heavily modded games I have had cases of messengers appearing but not starting their dialogue with the party, not limited to HT&M. It may be a mod conflict, it may be a vanilla bug, it may be many scripts slowing the game down enough that I get away from the npc before they can begin their dialogue and never notice them, and it may be some combination of factors.

I haven't had this particular problem -- messengers not appearing (for both mod and core content) -- until now. I suspect that SCS may be the culprit, as it's my first time using it and I installed a lot of options. I really like SCS and can't see playing BG now without it, but I think I'll install fewer things from it next time. In particular, I don't think I'll touch the amount required by Gaelen Bayle/Valen in the future.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I use that particular component from SCS each time, and I never had such a problem. I don’t think it’s related to that, it just changes the amount. Nothing else
    edited June 2022
    Ok thanks . Perhaps it's some other NPC or quest mod with messengers causing the problem.
    Eh, I have no idea...
    I'm now using this mod, and I've done the quest with Jackal and killed the collector. But I also don't have a messenger that appeared afterwards, and there is no Shahbaz in the bank.

Also, I started the quest that Renal gave. I talked to Batch. Then talked to Edwin. Not sure if there were any other messengers that needed to appear, but none did. Edwin just told me to go to Slums to find the treasurer, and I went there and checked everywhere. But I can't find where he is, and I can't understand which house he is meant to be in. I'm using the latest version of this mod and installed it before I started the game as all my other mods.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    I'm now using this mod, and I've done the quest with Jackal and killed the collector. But I also don't have a messenger that appeared afterwards, and there is no Shahbaz in the bank.

Also, I started the quest that Renal gave. I talked to Batch. Then talked to Edwin. Not sure if there were any other messengers that needed to appear, but none did. Edwin just told me to go to Slums to find the treasurer, and I went there and checked everywhere. But I can't find where he is, and I can't understand which house he is meant to be in. I'm using the latest version of this mod and installed it before I started the game as all my other mods.

When I played the mod, the guy was bottom right in the slums. Near a ladder, I think.
    Yes I found him, thank you. I thought he would be inside a house. However, now I got stuck with the keycode for the security box of MaeVar. I checked the months in Faerun calendar and still couldn’t figure out the months’ numbers to put there. Do you remember the solution for that? Thanks
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Yes I found him, thank you. I thought he would be inside a house. However, now I got stuck with the keycode for the security box of MaeVar. I checked the months in Faerun calendar and still couldn’t figure out the months’ numbers to put there. Do you remember the solution for that? Thanks
    Hello!
    I wrote you a private message reply.
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2022
    Any idea if HTaM is compatible with other mod-additions to Athkatla, like Lava's 4 Athkatlan Grounds mods, or the Water Gardens district added by BG1NPC for SoA&ToB?
    Post edited by cdds on
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    It is, particularly the latter since Austin is also maintaining and updating that too.
    It is, particularly the latter since Austin is also maintaining and updating that too.

True, it's even mentioned in the readme as crossmod content. How about Lava's Athkatlan Grounds mods, any idea or experiences?
    edited August 2022
    cdds wrote: »

True, it's even mentioned in the readme as crossmod content. How about Lava's Athkatlan Grounds mods, any idea or experiences?

Regarding Lava's mods - HTaM doesn't have cross-mod content with these mods, but doesn't conflict with them when installed at the same time.
    Concerning the "BG1NPCsinSoA&ToB" mod, as it was rightly said above, these modes also do not conflict with each other. Moreover - HTaM, for example, adds interjections of almost all Smiling Imp's NPCs when solving a puzzle in Spellhold (as for vanilla NPCs)
    Post edited by Austin87 on
    One more question, is HTaM compatible with other mods adding banter (PPG Banter Pack, IEP Extended Banters) and should HTaM be installed before or after those mods? Thanks!
    cdds wrote: »
    One more question, is HTaM compatible with other mods adding banter (PPG Banter Pack, IEP Extended Banters) and should HTaM be installed before or after those mods? Thanks!

These mods are compatible and can be installed in any order! :) The fact is that the above mods mainly add banters between party NPCs, and HTaM - NPC interjections in dialogues. Therefore, mods do not interfere with each other, I installed them all together.
    P.S. The only recommendation is that if you also plan to install the MegaMod, then it is better to install it BEFORE HTaM. If this is not done, then nothing bad will happen, but several new interjections will not be added to the dialogue between the PC and the dryads, which is in MegaMod.