Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2022
    any way to sort saves by time? instead of what ever this is?

blf7c0axtvtk.png

Also, it seems to be the same quicksave slot being overwritten everytime.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    Pecca wrote: »
    Hi. I'm working on a new successor mod ...
    I really want the new mod to be available immediately for IWDEE as well. Will this be possible to implement?
    Well, if it will be for PSTEE, it will be super exclusive and unique mod, analogues which are not, and hardly will be!

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Sorting saves is possible, it will be available in the new mod. It will be compatible with IWD:EE, but not with PST:EE.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Sorting saves is possible, it will be available in the new mod. It will be compatible with IWD:EE, but not with PST:EE.

Come on, throw us a preliminary alpha screenshot or two to drool on ;)
    Hmm, alright maybe some peek at scope of new functionalities?
    r8v4i9i5943v.png
    Wow, that is some next-level stuff! 😮
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Looks awesome! How advanced are the works? Any chance for release in this year?
    I can't promise anything, though there is a chance yeah. I'm mostly done with layout and functions, Now I'm focusing on drawing alternate UI skins.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited June 2022
    I think I will start a new playthrough no matter how jaded I'm (after too many runs in recent years) when this new UI MOD is released :)

Simply stunning, 1 screenshot showed few features that I really want it.
    Is BG1-style AD&D stone one of those skins ? 😁

Regardless, your art is amazing. What do you do for a living, @Pecca ? Are you a graphic designer?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Beamdog should pay Pecca for this mod and include it in all releases of BG/IWD, The end. <3
    Is BG1-style AD&D stone one of those skins ? 😁

you betcha :)
    wkxfzupqr3jl.png

What do you do for a living, Pecca ? Are you a graphic designer?

I'm a software developer, I lean to UX though.

you betcha :)

I love you.
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2022
    Hi Mr. Pecca. Long time fan of your UI :)

I've been using your UI mod for my last run in both BGEE, SoD, and BGIIEE, it became a default feature for my game and I refuse to return to the original GUI.

I even promoted your work on Reddit a while back because I love it so much.

After that, I became absent from the game and when the 2.6 version hit the shelves I thought it was time for a new run.

I made a clean install of the entire game and my other mods so as to make sure nothing corrupts anything, but when I installed your new version of the GUI I ran into problems.

I installed the 'master' version, which is the latest release with fixes for 2.6.

The most irksome one is that I can no longer access Siege of Dragonspear through your main menu.
    rym2bjbsfjna.png
    As you can see, I have the latest version of the game, but SoD button is nowhere to be found.

If I uninstall the UI, I can access it normally through the OG gui.
    7k8l58oi21tm.png

And still BG:EE uses your SoD chapter screens when traversing through the main story.
    nzwsu873n2v4.png

And when I do go to SoD by killing Sarevok, the main menu is all wonky. I don't have screenshots at the moment, but the background image of Caelar is now black and some options are missing.

The second problem I found, but this is something I can live with is formations, they are replaced with those golden buttons
    yt0uoteypcul.png

Any idea how can this be fixed, not sure what data you may need. I'll try a new clean install again.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Vanhardisk on
    Vanhardisk wrote: »
    Hi Mr. Pecca. Long time fan of your UI :)

I've been using your UI mod for my last run in both BGEE, SoD, and BGIIEE, it became a default feature for my game and I refuse to return to the original GUI.

I even promoted your work on Reddit a while back because I love it so much.

After that, I became absent from the game and when the 2.6 version hit the shelves I thought it was time for a new run.

I made a clean install of the entire game and my other mods so as to make sure nothing corrupts anything, but when I installed your new version of the GUI I ran into problems.

I installed the 'master' version, which is the latest release with fixes for 2.6.

The most irksome one is that I can no longer access Siege of Dragonspear through your main menu.
    rym2bjbsfjna.png
    As you can see, I have the latest version of the game, but SoD button is nowhere to be found.

If I uninstall the UI, I can access it normally through the OG gui.
    7k8l58oi21tm.png

And still BG:EE uses your SoD chapter screens when traversing through the main story.
    nzwsu873n2v4.png

And when I do go to SoD by killing Sarevok, the main menu is all wonky. I don't have screenshots at the moment, but the background image of Caelar is now black and some options are missing.

The second problem I found, but this is something I can live with is formations, they are replaced with those golden buttons
    yt0uoteypcul.png

Any idea how can this be fixed, not sure what data you may need. I'll try a new clean install again.

Thanks in advance.

I made a mistake during my test installation that I installed the DLC merger after this MOD because I forgot that BG1EE Steam ver needs that, and I have your first problem. Installing the DLC merger first won't have this issue.
    Thanks a lot! I thought it was the other way around lol
    edited June 2022
    Will the other color themes will be available as well?
    Post edited by Vanhardisk on
  • drkalbardrkalbar Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Is this mod compatible with EET ?
    Game runs but main screen look diferent then yours
    unba9xxd3ksc.png
    and I have cut character creation sceen using scale option enabled
    dfyc25o5ydoc.png

I noticed that the issue exists on specific resolutions: 1900x1200 or 2560x1600.
    Only in Full Screen mode. On window mode issue dosen't exists :)

Post edited by drkalbar on
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    @Pecca I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your work. DragonspearUI++ convinced me to finally move from the classic BG games to the EE's, and the moment I found out your new mod will also support IWD EE, I made the leap there as well.

UI is a huge deal for me and IMO a big part of the immersion and overall experience these games deliver, and I hate the look and feel of the EE UI's. I can't wait to see your new mod in its final form -- I'm sure it's gonna be excellent.
  • LangyLangy Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    For the Classic Dialog option, there's a defect in the current version maintained by @meowdog. When the dialog screen can't fit all of the text and you have choices to make, if you scroll down the last two lines or so of text are cut off. This is fixed by flipping the offsets applied to the variables xR and x2 in the 'newX < 0' if block of world_dialog.lua (making line 155 xR = newX + 496 and line 156 x2 = newX + 488).

If people want to apply the fix directly to their ui.menu file, the line numbers are going to be different; mine are at 29157 and 29158 on an EET install.

This is issue 11 in the Git issue tracker. I'm also replying to the git comment with the suggested fix.

Note: I found the fix in the below quoted post's UI.menu. Needed to pull just the specific fix out of it, since it's otherwise pretty different from my local UI.menu - I figure things have otherwise changed since then.
    xiaoleiwen wrote: »
    Hopefully the last issue I report XD

Sometimes when I want to re-read what was previously said before picking an answer, I scroll up the dialog box then scroll back down. When I do so, I typically cannot scroll all the way down and some dialog options remain cut.

Put this file in the override folder and see if it solves your problem.

EDIT: Well, turns out I was wrong about that being the fix - or the sole fix. Now the cut-off text seems to begin randomly, rather than being a constant presence. Might have been my previous tests were just unlucky. If I figure anything further out I'll let people know:/ It does seem to clear up after a save/load once it does start, so... that's good?
    Post edited by Langy on
    I have similar problem in my latest game with this MOD as well, generally I use smaller font size to minimize this issue. This problem could be less important in BG2 because BG1 npcs tend to have a very long dialogue.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pecca
    As a reminder if you haven't done so already, I request you update your GitHub for Dragonspear UI++ to include the changes from skusha here as mentioned in a previous comment.

Also, I request for your new UI mod to work with Bubb about EEex & Extended Spell Menu compatibility.

Thankee!
    To clarify, may we safely push F5 if we use the latest version of this mod - the one, that as of this writing, as a French translation?

Thankee!
  • artyfoxartyfox Member Posts: 4
    Hey, creatures of winter! In this summer heat, you gotta play IWD with the coolest interface, right?

So working off @skusha’s lastest version, I’ve been polishing things up and wanted to share with you all.

I’ve updated the main menu backgrounds with higher-res official art and support for logo overlays on the top-right.
    9nWUlt_W9Dc4IeI9XK-741KKbacuv1fEvTCJaVq48k3eVPmcB1fMVI_iMN7ObV_Q84g=w2400
    t3ak8t9KifqnOMafzpuEEtGHLiO__BXj5Kbbfi5tsW2DPwHH6P-YuU4nRAJO7z3-HN0=w2400
    O8Dleoal2kuTM9G4nEwEA0WQViHD4NoIpC3amLiwE65RN5bJeFJ2xxiuMVstNUOG2WA=w2400

I’ve also added custom blue-themed IWD UI elements!
    nGz_GG0Y_eU1sYE9vwwRDnlsEBiTgUTrhY-0HiKYnX_8aMCS_4pBVUF03I_QDdYUdDs=w2400
    EmVpKD4gn_YfumDsQ1zErusFDC8ogbODgkBkkUdUMONFvrbZt_bZlBus_LC3oqwClLQ=w2400
    UsClsEtHKu7xosnNcMvaIq-DGUrCYU0b1uiKRCmidgeyKubG18Az7Bv37lF1GNRfqk8=w2400
    w9UHPQ7ARSahqbL8VeaZOSwGNMK1U0lCMT5o7nMe3WDqQwhbSTAbMiirlEfE88N-SWI=w2400
    zqpjZWjyCXdzuWu9JgjZRZcEngtrXnUnooYPnuEGC98g7u9zq7tKrMuTlr5LirTxI9Y=w2400
    UekC6kz4Sd05QFx0rdth1EHQqZB8Pb4utbJg7qG_Kl1ZUhk22vzB4Ix5t8gYFm9kEZU=w2400
    FB3veZ3wnhn7QL3Cvpo0iOxOszQuFfd6LcuYF05vgb_Jak52qN7cBagpYd63mbN-StY=w2400
    tYL4WJ_f6CMneD63RFfNv6O5tLJtaOL2NN5hx3FFQuk-KZti3sG7wFzT3aK-fnRvNg4=w2400
    vjhBvu8Da_J0qC0WLEnxeSVKd9ZYR4YzbIN1GU2qqWYovjRCUFC1szgRwMiujZSnnOM=w2400

Spellbooks and description panels have their sounds restored, along with aligment fixes and improved labels for spontaneous casters (thanks @Ascalyon ).
    jAh5mvrNVJD6DA3uIOS6RN4kypAy0DQVZLVLJ6HbMdPnEnnCLEfUu3VJZ8IRSPQE1ME=w2400
    N36Ld3aS5DuwBRk8M8GyfHx3WdcBWi-cqrFcgHtK7z9dPD19FJwV0sdZGJst6NOPq9U=w2400

For BG(2)EE/EET, a few UI assets have been updated, class/kit text centering issues fixed, and scrolling through >30 Priest spells/level enabled at character creation.
    HCLQEuD8plsPKHbYxEHW7ueF_xghxBrBRHWJ1Oz6d4TIjtMT8mealwdmWWyGDu0eRSU=w2400
    XzmKRcvsNIt7fV4lCxlcNl2-AmQp8j7yrhcb23xj01IUqgO6-pQ9kFCe-2H1RDJmsDw=w2400
    L6rCqih7-2P6WMj48Fq_Rp0MLZC0GSvQiE10FbABKWXqE2_tsMHEYkPnomIE3amfYpg=w2400
    CayphB_v8OO82zBYshFC3JK6vBpJuIsy2qnS_N3SsQkldjjU58be8hvjAlLnISbHIvM=w2400

And as a little bonus for UI tweakers, the World Message Box no longer drops down to cover the action bar everytime you push F5. (Pushing F5 will also reset the box to its default height.)
    jmTOqu6wHnppWcz5D077tWGP0WbuSj7poo1A1-kvQz6utKcbnZiZy6IVOSbW2n1T5pU=w2400
    | (after F5 refresh)
    v
    _P_Ag8BiVNESyNZEgirlURpcOPVkVFGpUNLQ6BhMXZihcpM1c_AOLso19joIhzoImCg=w2400

Please download from Github:
    https://github.com/artyfox/DragonspearUI/archive/refs/heads/iwd.zip

Changelog (2022-07-28)
    Fixes:
    - Icewind Dale campaign menu backgrounds now support logo overlays
    - Fix Class and Kit option text alignment issues (character creation)
    - Enable scrolling for >30 spells/level during Priest spell selection (character creation)
    - Double-clicking save game slot now correctly focuses text field
    - Fix stretched portraits in Dual Class screen
    - Left sidebar option now aligned with screen edge
    - Centered escape menu logo button hit zone
    - Click sound restored on language selection
    - World Message Box no longer drops down on F5 (UI edit mode)
    - F5 resets World Message Box to default height (UI edit mode)

Improvements/Tweaks:
    - Add Icewind Dale blue-themed UI elements, backgrounds and options text colour (for IWDEE)
    - Spell Book text/button alignment fixes, restore page leaf sounds, improve labels (based on @Ascalyon suggestions)
    - Restore sounds and fix icon/text alignment for item and spell description screen (on right-click)
    - Add spell highlights for Priest spell selection (character creation)
    - Character generation name field now centered and completes on enter key (character creation)
    - Per save slot ‘Save’ button removed in favor of unified ‘Overwrite’ button
    - Tweak Dual Class screen background, save game frame, options slider graphic (for BGEE, BG2EE, EET)
    - Replace Black Pits main menu background (BGEE)
    - Muting the tooltip scroll made optional during install
    - Standardized capitalization for strings in .tra files

Special thanks to the amazing @Pecca for creating this beautiful work of art, and to @meowdog, @cdx, and @skusha for your contributions.

Happy adventuring to all, from up north! 🦊
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited July 2022
    This is awesome, thank you artyfox. Just one question, cdx had candlelight and snowbright skins on the previous page. Are those included in this? If not, is it still safe to add those after installing your version? Thanks
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Great news, thank you 🙂!
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2022
    @artyfox
    Thanks for your excellent work! It's nice to see that the mod does not leave other forum members indifferent!

At the moment, unfortunately, I can not test your version myself, but I will definitely do it later.

The only thing, I identified a bug with IWD-UI in the last version: at the screen when a new chapter starts, the text is not displayed where it should be, and also the screen itself does not have widescreen support. I attach a screenshot for clarity.

Icewn004.png

Maybe you have already managed to fix it or still need to do?

PS I join the question from @Ludwig_II about Candlelight v0.2.0
    edited July 2022
    @Pecca @skusha
    To clarify, I've often pushed F5 in-game for thieving abilities. Is that still safe to do with Dragonspear++ UI?

Thankee!
  • artyfoxartyfox Member Posts: 4
    Hi, thank you! I appreciate all your comments.

@Ludwig_II and @skusha, as a wintry white theme, I've been making all my changes with @cdx's snowbright compatibility in mind. You can install it, and it looks cool!
    yXefddmwqzBlwiEmexCnFaDo2_HWsfwbkSb3D_GNsWxAWSTv3EnL9jr8AgnbB62qzHg=w2400

I've also been working on filling in a few missing graphics for the skin, and tweaking some of the backgrounds for increased readability (most of the game text is also white). I plan to release these in an updated version of Candlelight.

With permission, I could even combine Candlelight into the Dragonspear UI++ mod, as they fit perfectly together. @cdx, please let me know if that would be ok with you.