Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• ShodeadShodead Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I wanted to provide a french translation to the mod, and since I'm not familiar with Github, I thought it could be a good alternative to send it here.

Here are the files : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18mFkkC6oId0-JIN2SzTg7O8dZwoMaDrm/view?usp=sharing
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    cdx wrote: »
    Pecca, meowcat, thank you for the great UI++!

I love how it works and feels, if only the colors were closer to BG2... so I put together a partial recolor :)

Shl0qZo.jpg

I want to learn how to do some modding as well, so I packed it with weidu for anyone who would like to try out a bit of color change (edit: this is just a patch, you need to first install Dragonspear UI++ for it to work):

https://github.com/cdxuu/candlelight-for-uipp/releases/tag/0.1.0

A few comparisons:
    grS9g0B.jpg
    PPkc2YS.jpg

MPhtyGZ.jpg
    nIX9r46.jpg

Qgk86YH.jpg
    UQmG8oI.jpg

It is not a full recolor of the interface, only the main elements are changed, but the mix doesn't look too bad.
    Thank you ! This new colour really have a BG2 feel on it. :smiley:
  • 0gur0gur Member Posts: 8
    I think there's a bug with this mod and the sorcerer class - it doesn't happen all the time, but very often you don't get to choose new spells on level up. I had this happen on Baeloth, and now I'm testing it on a new charname by running mutamin gardens - so far I'm level 5 with only two lvl 1 spells and one lvl 2 spell. There's a spell choice screen on level up but number of available choices is set at zero.

I also done the same run yesterday and it seemed to work like intended. I don't use any other mods except dlc merger for SoD.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2022
    I've added a snowy skin (snowbright) option to my recolor patch, now v0.2.0. Again all credits go to Pecca for the great UI mod and meowdog for updating it, I just recolored some images!

Here's a link: https://github.com/cdxuu/candlelight-for-uipp/releases

IxrN64R.png

More screenshots:
    hkSesU6.png

f1oDn8k.png

QOsMeba.png

SRGl5Tc.png

legkEmA.png

p7cmEOd.png

frxb69F.png

9owlxJY.png

For the snowbright skin some more elements are recolored, including the bottom side menu icons, as requested by @skusha. The control icons at the bottom center haven't been changed, though.

I'm not sure which files are used in which EE games, as some files marked for bg2ee are used in iwdee, so I now copy all files. I imagine either skin should work on any EE game where Dragonspear UI++ has been installed (bgee, sod, bg2ee, eet, iwdee).

In the snowy set I've left the original paper texture, not sure whether to keep it like this or make it off-white as well like in the test image (less consistent but more snowy):
    RNsnLUA.jpg
  • emperors_fistemperors_fist Member Posts: 4
    Hello! Thanks for your hard work! May I point out one blemish that happens on 1080p with scaled user interface? On the attached screenshot, you can see that there are black lines around the campaign buttons - these seem to disappear when "Scaled User Interface" is turned off. I get that this mod was made with scaling set to off in mind, but I though that I inquire anyway. Is it on my end, or is it just an unfortunate side effect of the setting?

25lvd1tgvgfa.png
  • ChaoticTabrisChaoticTabris Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2022
    So, i've installed Dragonspear UI++ as part of my heavily modded installation and I'm noticing that some of the modded portraits are blurry, like this one. The original files are the correct size and both L, M and S portraits are present. What could be causing this? Btw, I did install the "Fix Blurry Portraits" components successfully.
    1zdgbmcqoi10.png
  • jacobgspjacobgsp Member Posts: 7
    Hey there,

I'm a bit late to the game, but Dragonspear UI and the Candlelight retexture are both excellent mods that are part of my setup.

I was wondering though, how would one go after changing the colour of dialogue text options? The bright red text is giving me a bit of a headache and I was wondering of anyone had any tip on how to mod it? How better, anyone knows of a mod that changes the colour?
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    So, i've installed Dragonspear UI++ as part of my heavily modded installation and I'm noticing that some of the modded portraits are blurry, like this one. The original files are the correct size and both L, M and S portraits are present. What could be causing this? Btw, I did install the "Fix Blurry Portraits" components successfully.
    1zdgbmcqoi10.png

Off Topic, but where is that portrait of Finch from?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited April 2022

The fix from that component is portrait-specific. If the portrait in question isn't part of it (which, in this case, it isn't) the fix isn't going to do anything. I'm not sure what causes the mod to use the wrong portrait size and stretch it instead of just using the right size, but it does sometimes.

Just remove the M and S portraits, then clone the L portrait twice and rename it to M and S respectively so that all three portraits are actually the large one. That'll fix the blurriness across the board.
  • MillisarMillisar Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2022
    Deleted
    Post edited by Millisar on
  • regular_doppelgangerregular_doppelganger Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2022
    Awesome mod! I tried it and now I can't play BG without it at all.
    I have a question. The map has been moved to the lower right corner.
    9w41caqm0pav.jpg
    However, the map moves to the center when I enable option "Allow scrolling out of bounds".
    Is there a way to align it to the center without enabling the "Allow scrolling out of bounds" option?
    Post edited by regular_doppelganger on
    Am I the only one with a missing texture when checking a weapon's abilities?

majnzv7of9o9.png
  • LeiluLeilu Member Posts: 64
    jacobgsp wrote: »
    Am I the only one with a missing texture when checking a weapon's abilities?

majnzv7of9o9.png

No. I have this too.

Would it be possible to add these two features please?
    Identify without popup menu.
    Add a back button on levelup screen.
  • MillisarMillisar Member Posts: 4
    I have to compliment the people involved in making and mantaining this mod. Not only it is amazingly beautiful, but it also brings BG UI to the next level in terms of convenience/usability.

Now I have a request for you, the amazing person who keeps this mod updated. If it's possible, can you add the possibility of, instead of installing the whole thing, choosing which UI components to install?

I, for example, would be happy by installing this mod's version of the U and Y bars, the Record screen and the dialogue window from this mod. Some of the others I find a bit overkill (mainly the inventory, save/load, and menu (esc) screens).

I tried installing individual components myself, but it doesn't seem to be possible. It seems nobody in the internet have done it also. The only choice I have is to wait for future updates and hope for a "which UI components?" prompt.

I believe many people would happy with this customization, and with this feature this the mod will probably become a "must have" like SCS. Anyway, thanks for the great work on DragonspearUI++!
    edited April 2022
    Millisar wrote: »
    [...] the mod will probably become a "must have" like SCS. Anyway, thanks for the great work on DragonspearUI++!
    It's already a must have to me, even more than SCS.
    I prefer the original BG2 UI look but all in one screen inventory and the bigger quickloot window are sooo convenient.

This and Bubb's spell menu are my mandatory mods, even more than SCS or Tweak Anthology.

Thank you @Pecca and @meowdog.

Post edited by Leilu on
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Hey, @jacobgsp, @Leilu, here's a quick png for a background. It isn't quite right but should be better than nothing. Copy one of the images below (UI++ original color or recolor) and rename it to GUICGGEN.png and paste it to the overwrite folder. There might be a better fix for this, I don't know the mod well.

MMajMik.png

MJITKMm.png
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Millisar wrote: »
    I have to compliment the people involved in making and mantaining this mod. Not only it is amazingly beautiful, but it also brings BG UI to the next level in terms of convenience/usability.

Now I have a request for you, the amazing person who keeps this mod updated. If it's possible, can you add the possibility of, instead of installing the whole thing, choosing which UI components to install?

I, for example, would be happy by installing this mod's version of the U and Y bars, the Record screen and the dialogue window from this mod. Some of the others I find a bit overkill (mainly the inventory, save/load, and menu (esc) screens).

I tried installing individual components myself, but it doesn't seem to be possible. It seems nobody in the internet have done it also. The only choice I have is to wait for future updates and hope for a "which UI components?" prompt.

I believe many people would happy with this customization, and with this feature this the mod will probably become a "must have" like SCS. Anyway, thanks for the great work on DragonspearUI++!

I would appreciate this a lot too. I also find the inventory screen too convoluted, and would prefer to keep the original SOD inventory screen which allows me to focus better on one character only. Would be awesome to have an option to keep the SoD inventory screen or something similar.

To be honest, I remember early versions of this mod had a much simpler inventory screen with only one character, and that was great. Just having an option to install that old inventory screen from this mod would be incredible too. @meowdog do you think this is possible?
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Hi. I'm working on a new successor mod that will, among many other options, have a possibility to switch between party/single character inventory. I do not plan to implement installing of individual parts. That would be IMO very very bad design choice for a UI mod as it would ruin its visual cohesion.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    Great news, @Pecca! Glad to hear that work on the new Dragonspear++ hasn't been abandoned!

Unfortunately, @meowdog hasn't been online for a long time, and doesn't maintain support for the mod, so there are no updates.
    Hopefully he's okay, and will get in touch one day.
    The latest current version is this one: https://github.com/anongit/DragonspearUI/tree/iwd.
    It is compatible with both BGEE\EET and IWDEE games.

However, in BGEE it has one problem overlapping the big diary window on the bottom panel buttons, and I do not know how to fix it. IWDEE has no such problem. Maybe @Pecca can help, to fix this problem.
    Baldr000.png

I would also like to point out that there is a new tipun's GUI mod for BGEE\BG2EE\EET.
    Baldr002.png
    Current release version 2.0: https://github.com/tipun81/tipun_gui_mod/releases/tag/v2.0 (but an update to 2.1 may be available today or tomorrow).
    For more information about this mod, see the readme or the profile thread on the arcanecoast forum: https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2185473#p2185473
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Awesome to hear that Pecca👌👌👌 And you’re right about visual cohesion. Having a possibility to switch between single/party inventory will be amazing 👍👍👍
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    I focus my modding time fully on the new mod, so I won't have time for this one anymore, sorry. It is completely in the hands of community now. About the journal, try pushing sidebars on top by playing around with pushSidebars() or Infinity_PushMenu('RIGHT_SIDEBAR').
    edited May 2022
    @Pecca Thank you so much for your help, now the problem is fixed!
    Link for downloading corrected version DragonspearUI for BG\IWD:
    Download Dragonspear UI++ from Dropbox.
    Post edited by skusha on
    @Pecca exciting news! I look forward to see the fruit of your labor come to life :) Cheers!
    Thanks a lot, that fixed it!
    cdx wrote: »
    Hey, @jacobgsp, @Leilu, here's a quick png for a background. It isn't quite right but should be better than nothing. Copy one of the images below (UI++ original color or recolor) and rename it to GUICGGEN.png and paste it to the overwrite folder. There might be a better fix for this, I don't know the mod well.

MMajMik.png

MJITKMm.png

@skusha Is it possible to include the french translation given by @Shodead at the beginning of the 43th page + the weapon abilities background given by @cdx on this page too please? Thanks
    edited May 2022
    @Leilu @Shodead I added a French translation to the archive with the mod.
    Who can, check if everything is okay with the installation and display of the French language in the game.

And as for the weapon abilities background, I did not find in the archive with the mod file GUICGGEN.png. to replace it with what @cdx suggested. If you specify the full path where (in what folder) should place this file in the archive with the mod, I'll do it without problems.
    skusha wrote: »
    @Leilu @Shodead I added a French translation to the archive with the mod.
    Who can, check if everything is okay with the installation and display of the French language in the game.

And as for the weapon abilities background, I did not find in the archive with the mod file GUICGGEN.png. to replace it with what @cdx suggested. If you specify the full path where (in what folder) should place this file in the archive with the mod, I'll do it without problems.

Just place GUICGGEN.png in the "dragonspear_ui++\content-common\all" folder. It should be enough because the WEIDU installer is simply a copy/paste to the override folder.
    ---
    It seems you forgot a "LANGUAGE" line in the tp2 file.
    LANGUAGE
    	~English~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/english.tra~
    LANGUAGE
    	~Polski (by Etamin)~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/english.tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/polish.tra~
    LANGUAGE
    	~Italian (by Aedan)~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/english.tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/italian.tra~
    LANGUAGE
    	~Russian (by d0lphin)~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/russian.tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/russian.tra~
    LANGUAGE
    	~Brazilian Portuguese (by Felipefpl)~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/brazilian portuguese.tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/brazilian portuguese.tra~
    LANGUAGE
    	~French (by Shodead)~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/french.tra~ ~dragonspear_ui++/tra/french.tra~

Thanks
    edited May 2022
    @Leilu
    Thank you, I added the missing line in tp2, and I put the GUICGGEN.png file in dragonspear_ui++\copy\all
    I've simply dropped the GUICGGEN.png file in the Override folder. That way if you update the mod, it's still gonna be there.
    I remember this having been brought up in the past, but I thought it had been solved in the latest version of the mod yet I've just run into the issue—the chapter narration screen that happens when you leave werewolf island doesn't have a background image.