Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    Any chance of getting our hands on your new UI this year, @Pecca? 😁I've been dying to replay BG2 for some time now but it feels like a waste to do it without your mod 😅
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Not likely unfortunately. Got side-tracked a bit, but was worth it I think.
    vm6nd5id1e6b.png
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Is that a Pillars of Eternity style bestiary? 😍
    Yup:)
    edited October 2022
    That is so cool I don’t even 😍

Where are the illustrations from?
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    need more previews, so exciting :D
    That is so cool I don’t even 😍

Where are the illustrations from?

Some from PST journal, some from old BG materials, but most from public AD&D Monstrous Manual.
    I'm thinking about releasing an alpha version or such, given the fact it's in playable state but far from being completed. Still needs a lot of tidying though.
    Truly brilliant work.

I look forward to playing the game with your UI, Pecca. Kudos!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pecca
    For your bestiary mod, what say you to releasing an obviously-labeled prerelease version so the some adventurous folk help you bug test it?

Thankee!
  • websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
    Wow
    Pecca wrote: »
    Not likely unfortunately. Got side-tracked a bit, but was worth it I think.
    vm6nd5id1e6b.png

Just wow. Ive said it a few times - im amazed at what the community does for this game. Thank you for what you do Pecca.

Its kinda funny: The best time to play BG is actually 2022. With all the great fan improvements that have come, this game is so much better now that it was when it came out.

Im playing other stuff now but this makes me for sure want to come back to BG(and ID) at some point.
  • HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    2 things

1. Why are the saves not sorted so newest is on top? makes it hell to find lastest save. Anything I can do post-installation to change this?

2. I choose 2 quick-save slots.. 2nd slot is only used once, and then 1st quicksave slot is repeatedly being overwritten.. why?
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Am I crazy or are the dimensions for the character record screen portraits bigger than 210 x 330?
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    Am I crazy or are the dimensions for the character record screen portraits bigger than 210 x 330?

The dimensions of the portrait on the Record screen are exactly 210x330 on my install. The only places I have noticed larger (i.e. stretched) portraits are the epilogue screens at the end of ToB.

Hillgrove wrote: »
    2 things

1. Why are the saves not sorted so newest is on top? makes it hell to find lastest save. Anything I can do post-installation to change this?

2. I choose 2 quick-save slots.. 2nd slot is only used once, and then 1st quicksave slot is repeatedly being overwritten.. why?

I can't reproduce either of the problems you mention. Both quick and manual saves are sorted chronologically. And all quicksave slots are used, the newest overwriting the oldest.

It does not seem to be (only) a DSUI++ issue. Maybe it is an interaction between the mod and the "Personalize Automatic Save Names" component from CDTweaks?
    edited November 2022
    @Pecca Not sure if this is in active development or been reported before but it appears that Bubbs Extended Spell Menu breaks the 'Permanent Thieving Button' for Cleric/Thieves in Dragonspear UI. Doesn't matter what order it's installed in. Not sure if you care about compatibility or not

@Ascalyon The game upsizes them from 210x330 depending on your resolution. Mine are at 592x928 and 152x238.
    @Pecca I've been having a lot of crashes, frequent enough that I'm considering uninstalling the UI (which is a shame because I love it and I don't remember there being this many crashes in BG2EE when I used Dragonspear UI then).

Is there a way to debug my game to get better information to find out what's triggering this?
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    Store/Containers
    - Bigger screen size, bigger store item list, bottom store icons are placed on the left.
    - Store item list filters allow to search by name for specific items (by Mr2150).
    - Identify screen item list only shows unidentified items (by lefreut).
    - Stealing multiple items at the same time is allowed (by lefreut).

Does anyone know how to get the Stealing Multiple Items at the Same Time working? I can't seem to be able to do it, and it's not in the UI settings either.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    @JediMindTrix
    Which version of Dragonspear UI do you use? There are several on this thread and some crash
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Greetings, all!

Might & Guile is incompatible with Dragonspear UI. As of this writing, the incompatibility is described near the end of the M&G thread. Pweath check and add compatibility as prudent.

Thankee!
    edited December 2022
    Jinashi wrote: »
    @JediMindTrix
    Which version of Dragonspear UI do you use? There are several on this thread and some crash

Version 2.42, from the link that reads 2.6 on the first page
  • NotsoNotso Member Posts: 3
    I am using an M1 Mac and playing with UI Scaling off everything is way too small, and playing with it on many UI elements overlap with eachother, hiding several buttons (on many sceens).
  • staticstatic Member Posts: 1
    Using this 2.42 version of the UI and I am having an issue with my journal entries not showing up at all. The quests show up fine, just not the journals. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

uNAZLEF.png
    New mod coming soon... I was hoping to make it till Christmas, but didn't have as much time. Hopefully it'll be ready for beta early next year.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Awesome news Pecca. Happy new year all!
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    New mod coming soon... I was hoping to make it till Christmas, but didn't have as much time. Hopefully it'll be ready for beta early next year.

Take alll the time you need, you surely deserve it. ;)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Awesome news! This is probably a single mod that can persuade me to finally play that last EET run, to have a proper closure with Bhaalspawn saga.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Cahir wrote: »

Awesome news! This is probably a single mod that can persuade me to finally play that last EET run, to have a proper closure with Bhaalspawn saga.

I'm waiting for this and for "Nowe Opowieści z Wybrzeża Mieczy" for EET. Pity that author stopped developing it. In february he wrote that new version with EET support is near and then he stopped contacting.
  • LordBeverageLordBeverage Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    tmcd wrote: »
    @meowdog
    Thanks a lot! That was it. I had not installed modmerge. I´ve been away from this game for a long time and forgot what I used to install before using mods.

Is modmerge still working for everyone? I see it hasn't been updated in years, so if it worked for your case, I would expect should work for mine. I get a very unhelpful segfault:

4fs18fwm6e8e.png

I get this both for when SoD is already installed, and when it is not. (I wouldn't expect it to work in the later case anyways.)

I have no other mods in place.

I can more deeply debug if needed - I'm just checking if it's been seen before. Forum search shows nothing.

Edit: I discovered DlcMerger right after posting this - it did not work either. At least it did not segfault on installation.

Edit again: I got it working. A full nuke and reinstall, followed by a manual expansion of the SoD zip file is what was needed. Perhaps the instructions said to do that but I missed it.
    Post edited by LordBeverage on
    Cahir wrote: »
    This is probably a single mod that can persuade me to finally play that last EET run, to have a proper closure with Bhaalspawn saga.

You say that now, but there is no such thing as a “last run” of the Bhaalspawn saga. You’ll keep coming back to it forever. True story.

• EyesHunterBooEyesHunterBoo Member Posts: 3
    I really like the look of this UI, only UI I could find which removes those ugly sidebars textures.
    Two things that bug me a bit though, when I first installed the mod I checked the transparent tooltip option, I decided I don't like it afterwards because of visibility so I uninstalled the component but it was still there, even after a clean install of the mod, I guess the ui.menu file saved the edit? Either way I found I can just delete the file box2.PVRZ from override and now it's gone.

The other thing is that there's no way to move the quickloot menu from the upper left corner, or maybe there is?
    Thank you for this awesome mod and your hard work :)