Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

1434445464749»

Comments

• JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2023
    @muchashakapaka

I think it's probably nothing more than this option that causes this outcome.

Capture%20d'%C3%A9cran%202023-11-26%20110151.png

Capture%20d'%C3%A9cran%202023-11-26%20110226.png
    Post edited by JohnBob on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Yes this mod was never fully optimized for scaled interface.
  • Psyko_tikPsyko_tik Member Posts: 13
    Hi @Pecca,
    I'm using the dragonspear UI since hidden game options mod is not compatible (yet) with infinity UI.
    I'm pretty sure that when I start the game, I could access various CLUA shortcuts options when making it available with ctrl-space. Now, if I click on "godbow", nothing changes, only the list of BG locations are availabe.
    um9v3b19ioe2.png
    I'm certain I could in the past select tools, people, and so on.
    Is there a way to get it back?
    Thanks!
    @Psyko_tik, for the two mod to be compatible you have to install Dragonspear Ui first, then Hidden Gameplay option.

The other way around won't work.

Spearoption.png
    edited November 2023
    JohnBob wrote: »
    @Psyko_tik, for the two mod to be compatible you have to install Dragonspear Ui first, then Hidden Gameplay option.

The other way around won't work.

Hi @JohnBob
    Dragonspear UI was installed as the second BGII mod, and hidden gameplay way later.
    I attach the weidul log.
    edited November 2023
    Psyko_tik wrote: »
    Hi @JohnBob
    Dragonspear UI was installed as the second BGII mod, and hidden gameplay way later.
    I attach the weidul log.

Hi,

I don't see HiddenGameplayOption in your weidu log.

Are you sure we're talking about the same mod ?

We are talking about the same mod but seems like something went wrong in my last automatized install. The improved cheat menu is indeed missing...
    I have to investigate, thanks @JohnBob
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    If the hidden gameplay options mod had an error during installation, weidu will revert it.
    maybe you can see if that's what happened :
    You can check it you have a file named setup-hidden***.debug then that means installation was attempted. And the debug file will probaby contains an error message
  • v1ldv1ld Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2023
    Dragonspear UI++ seems to work almost flawlessly with the new Talents of Faerun mod, except for the Mage and Cleric Spell Book screens. Right click to see spell description no longer works there, which is problematic when ToF changes/adds so many spells (it has the same spells package as the new SCS, it's quite a lot).

Anyone have an idea on how to go about fixing this?
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    How do I default to Throne of Bhaal when starting the BG2EE? It always default to either Shadows of Amn or The Black Pits II but never Throne of Bhaal.
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    Is there a way to move the control buttons on the bottom back to a sidebar?
    Esvi wrote: »
    How do I default to Throne of Bhaal when starting the BG2EE? It always default to either Shadows of Amn or The Black Pits II but never Throne of Bhaal.

I believe it is triggered by the option
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Active Campaign','3')

in the Baldur.lua file. Just make sure to edit the number (3 in my example) according to your needs.
  • ZorutarZorutar Member Posts: 16
    edited February 18
    Hello everyone,

I'm in preparations on new "whole saga" run and I would like to ask, if latest non-original release (first link on page 1 of this thread) is compatible with patch 2.6.6.0 + EET + latest version of SCS, where SCS is installed (I presume) AFTER this UI overhaul?

Thank you for feedback and help.
    Post edited by Zorutar on
  • Adamvs_MaximvsAdamvs_Maximvs Member Posts: 5
    edited March 30
    Noticed the "Pressing pause will not advance the dialog"

Can this be toggled off in the options? I like the mod overall, but pressing space is really handy to move along dialogue (my thumb's already resting on it to pause combat after all).

Edit: Yep, can be unselected in the options.
    Post edited by Adamvs_Maximvs on
  • neuroghastneuroghast Member Posts: 9
    edited April 8
    The installation instructions are very clear and simple, but I've got some issues anyway.

I was confused if I should install the latest original release or the latest release with fixes.
    In any case, I downloaded a folder called DragonspearUI-2.42.

When I install this, i have some problems with the menu:

The buttons here have a QUIT text on the background:
    kh8jiun38pqp.png

The genders buttons are small, like the original UI:
    u9w1af1o2yej.png

Some options don't have names/descriptions and are mixed (female soundsets for a male character, for example): rbzaacunn5g7.png

The options here can't be toggled:
    rvh1zo8ueb60.png
    _____

I uninstalled it and the installed the other version, which downloaded the DragonspearUI-master folder.

With this one, I have missing backgrounds in the main menu:
    84zoenfu4qxj.png

And the icons on the bottom of the screen are gone:
    ad4f7kfk72di.png

I know I probably messed up when selecting the installation file, but I thought it would be resolved by uninstalling and then installing the other file.

I only have EEex installed before this and nothing else.

____

EDIT: I've tried installing on BG2 with nothing but EEex and it worked flawlessly.
    So I uninstalled everything, deleted all the files that came with the .rar from the steam game folder and tried one more time.

It worked, but I've still a few descriptions showing up as invalid (only on settings menus) and the chapter images are switched: The "Nestled atop the cliffs" cutscene from the first chapter had the BG city image on the background. I can deal with it.

If anyone else stumbles upon this kind of problem, download from this link: https://github.com/anongit/DragonspearUI
    Post edited by neuroghast on