Skip to content

Anyone else worry for Nov. 30th?

124»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Advertising should be going up and up... I wan't more screenshots!

Bit worried it has gone all quiet on that front...

I reckon team working hard.

Don't believe that it will be out early. But I reckon it will be late nights every night until the 30th for the crew behind it. I can't believe they would make a delay and not give themselves enough time to resolve issues. Putting a date *out there* at the start of the project is different from putting a date to the public near project end.

Anyway this is a big ball of conjecture until we hear some solid news from the team...
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    There is a trailer waiting to be approved, be patient.
  • TroikaTroika Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    I'm looking forward to seeing the zoom function in action. For me it is the biggest change by far (apart from the new multiplayer mode). I'm also curious about the dialogue interface (font size at high resolutions etc.)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm looking forward to the QUICK transition load times and seamless operation in Windows 7 (64 bit). Everything else is somewhat gravy for me.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

There is a trailer waiting to be approved, be patient.

Good news, right now it's quite in the Candlekeep Library, with Dorn's story the latest addition to the catalogue. And everybody already did read that one.

I'm patient, just wanted to make a library allusion.

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Reading Trent's Twitter every day and recently said that they're squashing bugs. The less bugs, the better at launch date. They still have a month to do this.

I'm also hoping for a detailed trailer and not just a minute-long teaser trailer. I'm very curious to see more of the new design and upgraded features.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    stygga said:

Loss in trust if it ships late specifically because Trent said "come hell or high water it'll ship on the 30th" or something to that affect.

he said "...On the PC we control the platform, so we'll go on the 28th, come hell or high water."
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    edited November 2012
    Heinrich said:

Reading Trent's Twitter every day and recently said that they're squashing bugs. The less bugs, the better at launch date. They still have a month to do this.

They've got 3 weeks, and Thanksgiving is smack dab in the middle of one of them. I'm not even involved, and just thinking about that from a developer point of view stresses me out.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    And for the Mac and iOS users, they have about one or two weeks due to approval times.

I'm thinking 2nd week of December is more likely for us, but that's OK with me because it's when my quarter ends!
    That depends, perhaps they will start the approvals earlier, so it will be available sooner.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I am really excited, but then again the wait for something awesome is a part of the experience. I always used to love Christmas Eve when I was a kid for much the same reason! If it gets pushed back again so be it we'll all live. Plus we are in that silly season where every publisher tries to release every game at the same time so plenty to play.
    edited November 2012
    Look: Geeky Gadgets BG:EE Announcement. Not a guarantee, but definitely promising. Hopefully will be playing before December comes!

As for worry about a game? I'm more worried about November 6th than the 30th.
    It's november 6 today - what game should we be worried about?
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    I'm sure it will come in time, even though with a lot of bugs remaining.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Son_of_Imoen He means the U.S. elections. :)
    Jalily said:

@Son_of_Imoen He means the U.S. elections. :)

Yes, indeed a source for worries. According to an msn poll, we in the rest of the world hope for 80% for Obama to be voted in office again. But that's off-topic.

• DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    I'm just glad that someone, Romney, is finally gonna get to the bottom if the rapes were really enforced!!!! detective-mode on.

anyways, i will be so sad if it gets delayed once more :(. I have been longing to play BG for 3 months now, waiting so that it will feel "fresh" when BGEE gets released... Sigh. Will be so sad if it gets pushed back even more :(
    Yeah, I have a big test today, but last night I was thinking more of the turnout of this election than about the test.

Anyway! if they want to release 2 weeks (exactly) in advance for preloading (which is entirely speculation of course) I imagine next Friday is when it will start, unless they want 2 weeks from the 28th, in which case it would be next Wednesday. Either way my anticipation is building, of course having it downloaded on my computer and not being able to play until the 28th or 30th might be even harder.
    It would be nice if we got some news in the meantime.
    I deliberately stayed away from specifics about my worries, as I stay politically neutral in public! As for 'will it be delayed' or similar questions, I think it's time for the captain to light the
    light.
    edited November 2012
    [feeble schizo-mind on]
    worryworryworryworryworry
    STOP
    [/feeblemind off]

[rational thinking sets in]
    my Hexblade Ognaer Doomblade is just now seeking to find a contact in the Peldvale, my Gypsy Miranda has only just finished off Nimbul singing enchanting songs, plenty to do before BGEE comes out! Don't worry, play BG old style.
    [/Son_of_Imoen ends rational thinking, starts gaming]
    Anyway, 2 weeks until the 30th, and I'm not worried.
    Preloading starts tomorrow, and I'm still not worried :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    sepotter said:

Preloading starts tomorrow, and I'm still not worried :)

You will be...you will be. :p