Skip to content

[mod] Snowytoes Hamlet

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
There's a new IWD EE quest in town!

8qklwb85n6a6.png

There are many secrets buried under the snow of Icewind Dale, you may find a safe haven. Not just Kuldahar, but also smaller hamlets: like Snowytoes - a settlement of halflings who decided that even the freezing winds and wild animals wouldn't scare them away. Visit this place, talk to its people and see if you can help make their life a bit easier... because there is a strange power waking up under the snow in a nearby vale.

This one may remind you of Below & Below Inn. The place is calm, it's not a huge settlement, but... perhaps worth a short stay?

Thanks to AionZ / TheArtisan, CamDawg, Brokenkatana and Sam. for all their help! :)

DOWNLOAD
FORUM

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Congratulations on the release!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Thank you! :)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    edited June 2022
    I have heard from an extremely reliable source that there where no mods for IWD… and that NPC mods where for 13 year old girls…. must be something I dreamt perhaps? :D .

Congratulations on yet another new mod, and thank you for spoiling us.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    Haha! Sure.

Enjoy! It's not huge, but I also felt the hamlet can't be too big, considering there are no big towns up north, just the Ten Towns. We already have Kuldahar that kinda change it.

Cheers!
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I’m going to play IWD again, all thanks to your IWD mods Lava 😊 Congratulations and thank you
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I don't really like iwd1 but with more and more mods released I feel interested again :)
    With all these quest mods, companions, item packs, crossmod pack this gsme is starting to feel a bit more like BG2 with a bit more fighting and colder climate ;)
    edited June 2022
    With all these quest mods, companions, item packs, crossmod pack this gsme is starting to feel a bit more like BG2 with a bit more fighting and colder climate ;)

Yes, quite enjoy my previous run with these MODs, the only remaining issue for me is I will miss something like SCS in IWD1, generally lack of challenges after gaining few levels...

Anyway just had a look on your website and discovered 3 MODs that were not available last year (during my previous run)... I probably have more reasons to replay now :D

I can't imagine how hard you are working for MOD everyday to come out with so many new MODs and the maintenance...truly impressive.
    edited June 2022
    Thanks! :) It is hard work, but then... updating stuff is even harder with that number of mods...
    As for IWD - I don't remember if you tried out The Rediscovery of Kuldahar. It still remains my number 1 quest mod for IWD EE :) (well, at least in my opinion) But working on Snowytoes was quite fun, too! As I said, it may remind my B&B Inn, perhaps mixed with Tale of Our Lady Dreamless.
    It is still not available during my previous play-through, there are 3 I have not tried before:

The Rediscovery of Kuldahar
    Snowytoes Hamlet
    Hommet

I think I may replay IWD1 if I don't get jaded with current BG play-though, the new quest MODs look great, and I still remember I wanted to try some of your NPCs, and also Aura's Granma from Artisan :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Awesome!
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Nice!
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Brilliant I'm always back here hoping, looking forward to trying this!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    Great, thank you!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Just did all the quests I could find in this hamlet, it was a great fun.
    Combined with your other quests mods and L'Anna NPC, it's almost a new game.
    If BG doesn't again hooked me, I will probably do a new IWD playthrough but this time with your evil NPC, to try some tempting choice in some quests...
    As for difficulty, I used EET Tweak to reduce XP gains by 50%.
    There is the main quest (the one that unlocks the new area where the strange... building can be found), there are also others like the older man, meeting his family, one about mother and two sons, one about the symbol of Yondalla... One about finding a book, I think? BTW, you may also want to bring
    Applebane dagger, which is a random drop

to Snowytoes. That can also result with... something ;)

Also, note that there is more than one way to finish the main quest.
    There is the main quest (the one that unlocks the new area where the strange... building can be found), there are also others like the older man, meeting his family, one about mother and two sons, one about the symbol of Yondalla... One about finding a book, I think? BTW, you may also want to bring
    Applebane dagger, which is a random drop

to Snowytoes. That can also result with... something ;)

Also, note that there is more than one way to finish the main quest.
    Thank you, I did them all.
    The journal entry for the quest book didn't update as finished when I completed the quest.
    I will keep the item if I find it. :)
    For the alternate way, I will try it with an evil party (with your NPC) in a next run. I don't think L'Anna would have agreed to did it this way ;) .
    The journal entry for the quest book didn't update as finished when I completed the quest.
    For the alternate way, I will try it with an evil party (with your NPC) in a next run. I don't think L'Anna would have agreed to did it this way
    There is no such crossmod, but if there was, then yeah, probably that's not something she would agree to :)

Paste here the journal entry that did not disappear :)
    For the alternate way, I will try it with an evil party (with your NPC) in a next run. I don't think L'Anna would have agreed to did it this way
    There is no such crossmod, but if there was, then yeah, probably that's not something she would agree to :)

Paste here the journal entry that did not disappear :)
    Here it is :
    09pcfywsvbi3.jpg
    thanks! :)
    I also notice some spelling errors I think :
    xe6wpmh1geq2.jpg
    It should probably be "let him enter".
    hghaegqw4uxg.jpg
    It seems to me it should be "challenging" instead of "challanging".
    Thanks!
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    I published a walkthrough on the wiki, that anyone can edit:

Snowytoes Hamlet walkthrough
    Hey! :) The mod can now be enjoyed in French - that's thanks to @deratiseur. Thank you!