Skip to content

[MOD] Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options (for all EE games patched to v2.0 or higher)

Comments

• zaninvictuszaninvictus Member Posts: 7
    Thanks @argent77 ! Yeah, I'm still getting familiar with the game and mods. Enabling the component seemed like a good idea. :)

Btw, are there PSTEE mods which add spells? I'd happily add such a mod as I'm into spellcasters, I just didn't notice one.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Btw, are there PSTEE mods which add spells? I'd happily add such a mod as I'm into spellcasters, I just didn't notice one.
    The author of The Power of Belief planned to add new priest spells, but I don't know if they are already coded. Apart from that I don't know of any mods that add new spells. The number of PST mods is rather limited compared to the other games.

Btw, I have already uploaded a fix for the aforementioned bug. You can download the latest development snapshot directly from GitHub (click on the "Code" button and select "Download ZIP") if you want to install that component anyway.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    How does this mod's keybinding feature interact with the SCS feature which seemingly does similar things?
    Endarire wrote: »
    How does this mod's keybinding feature interact with the SCS feature which seemingly does similar things?

The "Update keybindings" component from this mod merely updates the existing keybinding table of the game (and adds new spell entries if available.) There's nothing to depend on for other mods. There shouldn't be any issues if SCS or other mods recreate the keybinding table once more. Mod order shouldn't be a problem either.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    Hello, I've got a strange request: would it be possible to switch the install order of the components and move
    Add in-game option "Limit druidic spells for Cleric/Ranger": 3.0
    right after the debug mode component?

I feel like these two tweaks represent something that could be installed by any player due to their utility, while the other components are more on the technical side.

Ulkesh wrote: »
    Hello, I've got a strange request: would it be possible to switch the install order of the components and move

I feel like these two tweaks represent something that could be installed by any player due to their utility, while the other components are more on the technical side.

Changing mod order will break compatibility with older mod versions. I'd rather avoid that, unless there is a very good reason. In principle, however, I agree that it sound like a good idea to sort game options by popularity or usefulness.

If this is just for yourself then I could provide an adapted installation script, if you're interested.
    argent77 wrote: »

If this is just for yourself then I could provide an adapted installation script, if you're interested.
    Yes, I am interested.

Yes, I am interested.

Here you go. Unpack it into the "HiddenGameplayOptions" folder to replace the original script.
    edited August 2022

Yes, I am interested.

Here you go. Unpack it into the "HiddenGameplayOptions" folder to replace the original script.

Argent77, thanks really a lot.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    Hello again @Argent77,

Testing some mods, it seems that :

- @ 29 = ~Add in-game option "Frame Rate" (experimental)~
    -
    of Hidden gameplay option, does not work well with dragonspearUI++ !

And I've been told that it doesn't work with LeUI either ! (Maybe you already know)

Here some screenshots...
    Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202022-08-20%20172926.png

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202022-08-20%20172849.png

At least on EET and BG2EE.

Not really game breaking, but perhaps you can add a note to the readme !
    Thanks. I'll look into it.
  • dragondfdfdragondfdf Member Posts: 2
    ERROR: Failure("Cannot patch UI.MENU")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.DEBUG and look for support at: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524

The attachment is the debug file,please help,thank you.
    @dragondfdf It looks like two game options are not fully compatible with the BGEE version of Dragonspear UI++.

You can work around it by installing game options individually.

Choose "Not Install" for the first component which installs everything at once. Then choose "Install" for all other in-game options you want to install, EXCEPT for these two options:
    - Add in-game option "Frame Rate" (experimental)
    - Add in-game option "Action Feedback"
    where you choose "Not install" instead.
  • dragondfdfdragondfdf Member Posts: 2
    @dragondfdf It looks like two game options are not fully compatible with the BGEE version of Dragonspear UI++.

You can work around it by installing game options individually.

Choose "Not Install" for the first component which installs everything at once. Then choose "Install" for all other in-game options you want to install, EXCEPT for these two options:
    - Add in-game option "Frame Rate" (experimental)
    - Add in-game option "Action Feedback"
    where you choose "Not install" instead.

yes,you are right,the problem was solved,thanks.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    In my EET install order, i plan to install Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options at the beginning of my installation, just after the GUI (LeUI) and EEUITweaks, except the component "Add in-game options for Tweak Anthology's "Create Interval Saves"" installed after Tweak Anthology.

I guess i could also install this mod much more later, for example after Tweak Anthology.

Is there any consideration to install this mod early or at the end ?

I am also trying to figure out what are the main difference between EEUITweaks "Hidden Game Options" and Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options, to decide which one to consider.
  • F4LLF4LL Member Posts: 7
    Hello

Thanks for the great mod,was wondering if it is possible to add "Action Feedback" manually via the ini? Since it's not compatible with Lefreuit UI.
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    In my EET install order, i plan to install Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options at the beginning of my installation, just after the GUI (LeUI) and EEUITweaks, except the component "Add in-game options for Tweak Anthology's "Create Interval Saves"" installed after Tweak Anthology.

I guess i could also install this mod much more later, for example after Tweak Anthology.

Is there any consideration to install this mod early or at the end ?

I am also trying to figure out what are the main difference between EEUITweaks "Hidden Game Options" and Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options, to decide which one to consider.
    I don't know the reasons why UI mods were considered to be installed very early in the mod installation order. In my opinion they should be installed as late as possible to consider any tweaks and other features that were installed by other mods. But I guess it has something to do with SCS which also makes some light modifications to the UI.

EEUITweaks and this mod were developed independently from each other, but with a similar goal. EEUITweaks provides all game options in a separate screen while Hidden Gameplay Options integrates them seamlessly into the available game option screens. Number of available options may also be different.
    F4LL wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks for the great mod,was wondering if it is possible to add "Action Feedback" manually via the ini? Since it's not compatible with Lefreuit UI.
    Yes, you can add it manually to the baldur.lua with the following line:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Render Actions','4')

Numbers between 0 and 4 are supported:
    0 — disabled
    1 — icons shown only for allies when paused
    2 — icons shown only for allies
    3 — icons shown for all creatures when paused*
    4 — icons shown for all creatures*

*: Only effective when Debug Mode is enabled.
    I don't know the reasons why UI mods were considered to be installed very early in the mod installation order. In my opinion they should be installed as late as possible to consider any tweaks and other features that were installed by other mods. But I guess it has something to do with SCS which also makes some light modifications to the UI.

At the moment in the install orders from experienced modders like Morpheus, GraionDilach ans Subtledoctor, the GUI is generally installed very early, almost after EET_core (in an EET install) to be sure it comes before any mod that could patch the UI (EEUITweaks, SCS, Tome & Blood, Might & Guile, Shadow Magic, Deities of Faerun, or Faiths & Powers, ...)

Pure UI Tweak install order
    edited October 2022

At the moment in the install orders from experienced modders like Morpheus, GraionDilach ans Subtledoctor, the GUI is generally installed very early, almost after EET_core (in an EET install) to be sure it comes before any mod that could patch the UI (EEUITweaks, SCS, Tome & Blood, Might & Guile, Shadow Magic, Deities of Faerun, or Faiths & Powers, ...)

Yes, you can add it manually to the baldur.lua with the following line:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Render Actions','4')

Numbers between 0 and 4 are supported:
    0 — disabled
    1 — icons shown only for allies when paused
    2 — icons shown only for allies
    3 — icons shown for all creatures when paused*
    4 — icons shown for all creatures*

*: Only effective when Debug Mode is enabled.

I tried everything but it only works for allies,tried it on vanilla 2.6 with no mods except this one.

With Debug Mode enabled.

I tried everything but it only works for allies,tried it on vanilla 2.6 with no mods except this one.

With Debug Mode enabled.
    "Action feedback" should still work in v2.6. Not all (enemy) weapons have icons defined, however, and some weapons use generic icons which may not match the weapon type, so there will be some restrictions.
    I'm mostly interested for the spell display,makes playing SCS more interesting.
    I'm mostly interested for the spell display,makes playing SCS more interesting.
    It looks like spell icons are not shown except for party members and allied creatures, even when this option is set to the max. value.
    edited October 2022

Yeah, I didn't consider that UI mods usually replace content rather than patch it. In that case installing them as early as possible is indeed the better choice. Hidden Gameplay Options patches UI-related files, so it can be installed later in the mod order.
    edited October 2022
    Hidden Gameplay Options patches UI-related files, so it can be installed later in the mod order.

You are right, especcially for the Component "Update key bindings for priest and/or mage spells (coming with 3 options)" . The mod has to be installed, at least, after any mod that adds spells or HLAs.

I have been testing the mod :

i really appreciate that the new options are integrated seamlessly into the available game option screens. For me "it makes the difference".

At the first install, i had a weird effect when clicking on the CTRL button as seen in the picture : ebpl0b1vkfaw.png
    I haven't been able to reproduce this visual effect. Any idea ?

29 - Add in-game option "Frame Rate" (experimental) : i have done a rapid test with this component but i have to admit that i haven't noticed any difference.

30 - Add in-game option "Action Feedback" : I don't see the small symbols around character sprites that indicate their current action or some other things ! Maybe i am not looking at the right place ?

32 - Add in-game option "Show Area of Effect Range" : This component is greart. Being able to visualise the AoE Range is going to be very helpful. The visual aspect of the AoE Range is very basic and i guess there is nothing you can do to change it ?

At the first install, i had a weird effect when clicking on the CTRL button as seen in the picture :

I haven't been able to reproduce this visual effect. Any idea ?
    That's the (imo tremendously useful) option Render Dynamic Search Map. It's mostly useful to get a quick overview of creatures on the map or tracking creature movement, even without having to remove the fog of war. There's a similar option Render Search Map which shows traversable terrain while pressing the SHIFT key.

29 - Add in-game option "Frame Rate" (experimental) : i have done a rapid test with this component but i have to admit that i haven't noticed any difference.
    It should increase game speed. However, it's labeled as "experimental" for a reason, since it not always catches the actual change. It's supposed to set the baldur.lua option 'Maximum Frame Rate' to the desired frame rate.

30 - Add in-game option "Action Feedback" : I don't see the small symbols around character sprites that indicate their current action or some other things ! Maybe i am not looking at the right place ?
    You should always see them on your party members. For enemies or neutral creatures it's more limited. Sometimes you see an icon, sometimes not.

32 - Add in-game option "Show Area of Effect Range" : This component is greart. Being able to visualise the AoE Range is going to be very helpful. The visual aspect of the AoE Range is very basic and i guess there is nothing you can do to change it ?
    Nope, everything is hardcoded. The mod can only enable or disable the respective settings.
    New release: Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options v4.0

This version adds a new component that greatly expands the cheat menu. In addition to the list of areas, it is now possible to create items or spells, open stores, spawn creatures or execute a selected number useful cheat commands. It is fully compatible with popular UI mods, such as lefreut's Enhanced UIs, Pecca's Dragonspear UI++ or Tipun's User Interface.

Screenshots:
    Create items of a specified amount or number of charges:
    tzib6kbc9wbf.png

Spawn a creature on the map:
    g39udgpibhbh.png

Add a spell or special ability to a selected character:
    ululutzu5ni4.png

Open a store, temple, tavern or inn:
    ywu3baldb23b.png

Choose from a collection of useful debug and script commands:
    xn2v9vlb4r04.png

Changelog:
    • Added new components "Improved Cheat Menu" and "Update resource tables for Improved Cheat Menu"
    • Added labels for Project Infinity
    • Fixed potential keybinding issues in PST:EE caused by the "Update keybindings" component
    New release: Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options v4.1

Changelog:
    • Updated Russian translation (thanks yota13)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @argent77
    Infinity UI needs accommodating with your mod.

Thankee!