Skip to content

[Mod] DnD 3.5 Rules in Bg:EE and Bg2:EE v 2.0

1234568»

Comments

• DavidADavidA Member Posts: 11
    Hiya! This mod is really amazing:

It really makes you think about trade offs, most classes and abilities have uses. Also very cleverly implimented. Thank you!

My question is about the Clerics 'Protection' sphere spell - level 1- 'Shield' (PRTCTD1.SPL)

It is given correctly, can be memorised in the spell book, but when it comes to casting the it is not there in the cast spell menu of the cleric.

My limited knowledge of Near Infinity left me non-the-wiser, and I wondered if anyone cared to look at it.

Thank you !
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @DavidA Hate to sound like a clown, but do you have it chosen on your priest scroll ? and then rest?
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    @DavidA Hate to sound like a clown, but do you have it chosen on your priest scroll ? and then rest?

Yes its on the priest scroll after resting, 'coloured in'. If for example i have 2/2 of my level 1 spells filled with Shield then when I go to cast it, the 'cast spell' button is greyed out.

Other spells are selectable.

Thanks for replying!!

Regards

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited May 2021
    @Holic
    @DavidA's problem seems worth investigating to me. What say you?

This is the GitHub URL for this mod. Post your problem on the ISSUES tab near the top left.

Note that Holic has been modding Pathfinder: Kingmaker lately. Perhaps asking on this mod's posts will get you your desired attention.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Holic

Note that Holic has been modding Pathfinder: Kingmaker lately. Perhaps asking on this mod's posts will get you your desired attention.

I would suggest NOT posting about this on a mod page for a COMPLETELY different game, however the mention of the GitHub URL is a good idea.
    Thank you so far left a comment on the Github 'issues' part
    @DavidA
    Holic also has a Discord ID of Holic92#1002 and has frequented the Owlcat Games Discord server: https://discord.gg/MwQ75WTR
    edited May 2021
    Ok tried discord but couldn't find @Holic92#1002 there.

I did manage to give my cleric a necklace of shield and change the duration from 50r to 5r so hes a bit more tanky.

I really like this Mod. Thank you!
    Join the Owlcat Games server, add Holic (Holic92#1002, no @) to your friends list, then message him on Discord.
    I did it! Thank you @Endarire!
    I also ran into a weird bug where it crashes if any of my characters have less than full health when I rest.

A new game doesn't reproduce it.

Such a good MOD IMO! Thank you :D
  • AnlakAnlak Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021
    Lately i started playing icewind dale ee on android with this mod but, "you can rest once per 8h" option is awful (at least for me) so i decided to turn it off,
    but when i did it, this error message
    [string "menu"]:5: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 3) near 'modal'
    started to show everytime i launch the game, i searched for answers but i Didn't find anything so i decided to ask creator of this mod.

Edit: I've tried to repair this but I figured out, that this error occurs every time i try to start game without all mod features on.
    Post edited by Anlak on
    edited August 2021
    Oh, @Holic!

What answers do you have for fixing this?

@tl1942
    Post or link to your WEIDU.LOG so people can better help you.

Thankee!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Oh, @Holic!

What answers do you have for fixing this?

@tl1942

Thankee!

From what I see mod author changed his focus to modding Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Solasta, so I wouldn't expect any more updates for this mod in forseeable future (if any at all).
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @tl1942

Thankee!

Pretty sure I didn't post in this thread. ;):D

@tl1942
    If I oopsied, I apologize.
  • MarkazoraxMarkazorax Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I'm having issues with installing the mod with BG1. Works fine for BG2 (aside from the Imoen glitch on opening the cage door in Irenicus' dungeon. But it doesn't seem to install well in BG1, character creation is bugged and none of the feats show up. Might be a compatibility issue with the 2.66 update.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • gentlebimgentlebim Member Posts: 18
    Great mod! Installed perfectly on IWDEE and BGEE. Can't seem to get it to install on BG2EE, however. I keep getting this error when I try to install feats:
    ERROR: cannot convert MaxProfsValuesMap_A#JUSTIFIER_0 or %MaxProfsValuesMap_A#JUSTIFIER_0% to an integer
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I am using this mod for IWD:EE and I have problem with Orrick's shop... From chapter 2 he should have items like Shimmering Sash and Rogue's Cowl, but he doesn't... I cleared Severed Hand now, went to Dorn Deep, he updated his items again, but no items from chapter 2 still....

Any1 knows whether this is intended or not?
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Ok. I am trying to install this in my BGII EE game, but it does not seem to be working. See my attached screenshot. What am I missing or doing incorrectly? arnwocaah8nd.png
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    Ok. I got it to work. I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled it, leaving out all other Mods, and now it is working fine. My guess is that it did not play nice with some of the other mods. Nevertheless, it is working now.
  • GrumpyDolanGrumpyDolan Member Posts: 18
    edited April 6
    Hello! I was trying to install this mod with Icewind Dale, everything works as expected aside from Feats component, is this an issue specific to IWD, or was there maybe a new patch released for the game messing up the mod? Is there anything I can do, as this is my second most looked forward to component of this and probably reccomended in tandem with other changes.

I have tried it with a fresh installation of the game.

4m1emcgy2i2d.jpg

• GrumpyDolanGrumpyDolan Member Posts: 18
    edited April 6

I'm unable to edit my post above so sorry for double post but I have tried to downgrade from current 2.6 version of the game down to 2.5 mentioned in mod readme and run the mod again and I got exactly the same error, so it is not due to to the game update.

edit: I have figured it out, I have finally took "choose to install ALL components" literally and just installed all which worked, and was then able to unistall two components I was not leaning into. So for anybody googling this issue in the future remember to do install all or else it won't install feats.
    Post edited by GrumpyDolan on