Skip to content

[mod] Ina NPC for IWD EE

2»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    I may need more information to help with the museum thing. Use this code and tell me what number shows:
    C:GetGlobal("L#InaMuseum","GLOBAL")

Cheers
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Its "set to 0"

To be honest it's not causing that much of a problem as I am inching my way round killing mainly with ranged weapons, and I reported it mainly as a heads up that it has happened to me as well.
    Okay, I see the typo. You should use:
    C:SetGlobal("L#InaMuseum","GLOBAL",1)

It should fix the problem. Will get fixed in the next version.
    Thanks muchly:)
    Me again with another problem. I was in Old Dorn's Palace, lower Dorn's Deep when a change happened. Healing spells stopped working on Ina. Arcane spells still work, and so do non-healing clerical spells such as Defensive Harmony and Protection from evil. Laying on of Hands also has stopped working.

Her kit gives her an extra 20% magical resistance over and above any innate magical resistance, but removing all the MR bonus items didn't help.

I tried loading saves from much earlier in the game and found the same problem was happening with them.
    Weeeell, she is a ghost. That is why she has her very own healing:

"Restore Form
    As a spectre, Ina cannot be healed by the positive energy of healing spells. Once per day, she may use this ability to stabilize her form, healing her for 2 hit points per level up to a maximum of 40 hit points at level 20."

You can use rest, Restore Form and potions, but not the divine healing spells. (unless there are added by mods, such spells won't be detected, probably).
    edited November 2020
    @LavaDelVortel If this is supposed to be a regular feature I'm a little baffled as to why healing used to work, but doesn't anymore. Also I've read and reread her kit description and it doesn't mention this at all. It also doesn't appear in any of the information available with the download or the readme. Is it in fact a species thing? If it is where was I supposed to find this out?

Secondly what is Restore Form - it also doesn't appear in any of the kit information, readme stuff, info on this thread or your Weasel site. It doesn't show up as a spell or innate ability so how do you access it?

To be honest as the enemies get nastier and her low armor class gets more and more significant I find it really hard to keep her alive. Now if someone else can't heal her, every time she gets confused she is as good as dead. Her story is lovely, her interactions are great but to be honest her resistance to healing plus her lack of any bard song my party can actually use mean I'm probably going to have to swap her out for another bard.

I love your mods, but you need to provide way more information with your NPCs. A full kit description, or a link on where to find one is a must, A full description and or link for any new kind of species is also a must.

I hope you aren't offended by this, and I promise to keep using as many of your mods as I can, so long as they can work with my gaming style.
    Post edited by kiwidoc on
    I have no idea. Only those mentioned should work and the usual "Cure Light Wounds" (etc) should not. Unless they were replaced with other spells or renamed - then probably the protection would not recognize such spells and they would work.

Anyway, buy her potions. Also, she can't really die so at least you won't need anything to resurrect her! :)
    edited November 2020
    @LavaDelVortel oops - my edit overlapped your reply so you need so read the above posta again. Sorry :(

I especially need to know how to access her Restore Form.

Oh I've just experimented and discovered resting restores all her hit points. Thats another bit on info I really needed to know.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    I used Ina through a complete run and don't recall her "Restore Form" ability (either as a spell or a special ability).

Nonetheless, I didn't have too much trouble keeping her alive. She seems to recover hit points gradually without aid, and the 6th level spell "Trollish Fortitude" was useful once she could cast it. Also, I always have plenty of potions for emergencies.

The kit is a mixed bag (as I noted in an earlier post) but the character is great overall.
    Good to know there may be problems with her innate. Will take a look at this, there is enough stuff here to fill a new version of the mod, but give me a moment. There are some tech stuff here I may need help with.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 51
    I just realized Ina should have some good synergy with Karihi. B)
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    So I was looking through the install files to check if I had to be wary of in/compatibilties, and found something in Ina.tp2 that confuses me. The mod installs for Ina the Darkbloom kit, without need of Bardic Wonders. It also checks for Rogue Rebalancing to install it one way or another, but the usual wisdom is to install kit and classes mods quite after NPCs; one could move Ina instead after RR in the install order, but one would have to know about that. And BW itself doesn't seem to check for Ina either.

I'm also not sure if installing after RR or not matters that much, as the only difference I can see seems to be how many points in dual wielding you can spend.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to delay applying the kit, or updating it, with an optional component that could be installed after RR, or after BW to apply any updates that could happen in the future.
    As you mentioned yourself it's a really small thing, a tiny detail that I would myself call insignificant. Sorry, but I am not going to add any new components or complicate installation more than necessary. The Artisan most likely added it (the RR detection) when I first asked him for help in creating the Darkbloom kit. The kit was years later also added to Bardic Wonders. We are in touch and if anything needs fixing/changing regarding the kit and RR thing is not worth the effort.
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    That clears up things. And your stance it's completely fair; no arguments from me here.