Skip to content

[MOD] "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB"

Comments

• OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2022
    It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do the Dran Draggore quest.

I've no idea who might be able to get me to talk to
    the Talossian priest, but that might not matter, because he's been dead since I fought in the Talossian vs Lathandrite war that's part of the Cleric Stronghold quest line.

I did try spawning him, and he appeared, but he was hostile. I charmed him, but he did not have any appropriate dialogue options. Reading his dialogue file, I see potential responses (with the right globals set) to ask me about a necklace he supposedly asked me to retrieve for him...but, none to ask me to go get said necklace.

So, note to self, don't wait so late to visit the Water Gardens!
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    Also,
    The Lathandrite priest to whom I delivered Ricster's book sent me to find an Oriona in the Government District. Not only can I not find them, but NI doesn't seem to find anyone in the game with that name.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    edited October 2022
    Oloriniel wrote: »
    Also,
    The Lathandrite priest to whom I delivered Ricster's book sent me to find an Oriona in the Government District. Not only can I not find them, but NI doesn't seem to find anyone in the game with that name.

Hello! Here we are talking about a noblewoman named Oriona, this is a standard NPC from the game, she can be found in the Government District in the lower part of the location (near the fountain below)

As for the priest of Talos - unfortunately, such a situation (when the priest died earlier while completing another quest of the game) was not provided for in this mod, so I will have to think about how to solve this by making an alternative option to continue the quest. Thank you for reporting this!
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 53
    Is this mod compatible with Lava's Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul? It literally doesn't even make sense to have Skie in BG2 (because of what happened to her at the end of SOD) unless you first save her soul & bring her back to life which is only possible through Lava's mod. Don't get me wrong, I love what you've done here but story continuity and immersion are pretty important factors. I'm bringing this up because I love your idea of having Eldoth come back around after bringing Skie back to life.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    This mod was created before EE thus Skie's SoD story wasn't a thing back then.

@Dalmir_The_Dark in my Skie:
    you can meet Eldoth in Brynnlaw, but he will be hostile towards Skie and you.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 53
    Oh okay. That makes sense if it was created before SOD.

And thanks for the spoiler tip. I've actually never taken her to Brynnlaw with me before. Maybe I'll do it this time around, but then again I plan to travel with a certain Cleric/Thief this time around. :wink:
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    edited January 2023
    I have a problem with getting to Waters Garden. My map did not updated. I don't have ARBGX2 in my worldmap.wmp. I can clua console myself there, but i cannot use map to go there. Any help?

Btw - I did talk with this little guy and the old guy in slums - they told me where this area is.
    edited January 2023
    anathema83 wrote: »
    I have a problem with getting to Waters Garden. My map did not updated. I don't have ARBGX2 in my worldmap.wmp. I can clua console myself there, but i cannot use map to go there. Any help?

Btw - I did talk with this little guy and the old guy in slums - they told me where this area is.
    Hello! Did you start a new game after installing the mod, and were you using the latest version of the mod? These are mandatory conditions.

If so, after talking to that fat man in the Slums, the Water Gardens area should have become active.

Yes, it's a new game. I downloaded mod (probably) from github it says v 14 in Project Infinity. And like I said - I talked with a man in Slums and there's no active area on my map.
    edited January 2023
    Yes, it's a new game. I downloaded mod (probably) from github it says v 14 in Project Infinity. And like I said - I talked with a man in Slums and there's no active area on my map.

I need more information to understand the cause of the problem, because my version of the game does not have this. Can you please tell me what version of the game you are using? Are there any mods installed that change the world map?
    Also, are you using the "BP-BGT-Worldmap" mod by any chance? It is not yet compatible with Water Gardens and this may be the reason.
    Austin87 wrote: »

I need more information to understand the cause of the problem, because my version of the game does not have this. Can you please tell me what version of the game you are using? Are there any mods installed that change the world map?
    Also, are you using the "BP-BGT-Worldmap" mod by any chance? It is not yet compatible with Water Gardens and this may be the reason.

I have plenty of mods ans I do use BP-BGT-Worldmap, so I believe there's the answer. So I'm going to use clua console :)

I have plenty of mods ans I do use BP-BGT-Worldmap, so I believe there's the answer. So I'm going to use clua console :)
    OK understood! Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to add compatibility with this mod. In the next update, I will either try to do this (if I can), or at least add a mention of this incompatibility to the readme file.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Austin, thanks for sharing your GitHub link of this mod with me and for adding it to the main post.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited January 2023
    Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to add compatibility with this mod. In the next update, I will either try to do this (if I can), or at least add a mention of this incompatibility to the readme file.

I can do this during the weekend. With the GH repo, my offers of helping out bugfixing still applies. And I've done this before with SotSC.
    edited January 2023
    Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to add compatibility with this mod. In the next update, I will either try to do this (if I can), or at least add a mention of this incompatibility to the readme file.

I can do this during the weekend. With the GH repo, my offers of helping out bugfixing still applies. And I've done this before with SotSC.

Thank you very much for your offer of help!) I would be very grateful for this!

P.S. Since the mod is now officially hosted on the SHS, I updated the mod links in the first post of the thread.
    Any news on the compability with bgt worldmap?
    Any news on the compability with bgt worldmap?

Changes prepared thanks to GraionDilach, but I don't seem to have the right GitHub permissions to accept the pull request :(
    https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/BG1_NPCs_for_SoA_-_ToB/pulls
    I asked Jastey at SHS to help with this and hopefully I can update the version soon.
    edited January 2023
    Ok, I can confirm that bgt worldmap works. I even managed to fix my ongoing map and I don't have to use clua console to get there anymore.

I have one question, though - I finished the quest for that lady in the villa, and I have no idea how to start an auction. A lady came to me in the main square, told me about the auction. What next? Is there any specific time I should go? And is it on the first floor of her mansion?
    Post edited by anathema83 on
    edited January 2023
    I have one question, though - I finished the quest for that lady in the villa, and I have no idea how to start an auction. A lady came to me in the main square, told me about the auction. What next? Is there any specific time I should go? And is it on the first floor of her mansion?
    Hello! This is Lady Goldsword. You need to go to her mansion and talk to the auction manager on the first floor. Each of the series of auctions begins some time after the previous stage, while the start time can be clarified with the auction manager.
    To see all possible scenes, I advise you to take companions with you to the group (Minsc, Korgan, Nalia, Haerdalis, Edwin, Mazzy, Imoen, etc. - different texts and scenes are written for most NPCs). For example, to get the legendary platinum pantaloons, Minsc must be in the group (don't ask why - it will be a spoiler) :)
    + most importantly, to participate in the auction, you need to have large sums of money, given that this is an auction for wealthy nobles and exhibits unusual items. For the first stage, the required minimum amount is 6,000 coins, for the next stages it will be from 6,000 to 30,000. Otherwise, the auction manager simply will not invite you.
    P.S. In the later stages of the game in Chapter 6, players will definitely have such amounts and usually they were excessive, the auction will help to spend this extra money somewhere. Although it can be done in chapters 2 and 3 as well, if the player is rich enough :)

But the problem is that the auction manager isn't spawning inside her mansion.
    edited January 2023
    But the problem is that the auction manager isn't spawning inside her mansion.

I checked - in my game it appears, everything is OK. Are you sure you're at Lady Goldsword's house (ARBGX6)? Also check that the Global("7xAuctionGoldsword","GLOBAL") variable is equal to 1 (this can be checked via the console). If, as you say, Lady Goldsword approached you in the square, then everything worked correctly and he should appear on the first floor. There are no other conditions for the appearance of the auction manager, except for this value of the variable, and everything works as it should for me. So I need more information to understand what went wrong with you.
    - Check the value of the variable.
    - Did a new journal entry appear after the conversation in the square?
    That's strange, I couldn't find "7xAuctionGoldsword","GLOBAL in my save, nor a new entry in my journal, so I spawned her again in ARBGX2, we had a dialogue about action, and this time I got a new journal entry and this guy is finally in her mansion.
    edited February 2023
    Mod updated to v.14.2!

ADDED NEW CONTENT:
    - Added a new small quest for Ajantis (texts by Alisia) and related interjections from other NPCs (texts by Austin)

IMPROVED:
    - The icon of the new area (Water Gardens) is now compatible with the «BP-BGT-Worldmap mod»! Thanks GraionDilach!
    - Cross-mod dialogues with NPCs from other mods are finally transferred to the add-on – «Smiling Imp’s Cross-banter mod»
    - Fixed a bug that was accidentally added to the "Ajantis" component in version 14.1
    - Added ini file

Download:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/974-bg1-npcs-for-soa-tob/"]shsforums.net/files/file/974-bg1-npcs-for-soa-tob
    https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/BG1_NPCs_for_SoA_-_ToB/releases
    edited February 2023
    + We would also really appreciate help with proofreading new texts added in recent updates! If any of you can help with this, write!
    This applies to the lines @249-@449 in the file 7xajan.tra and @701-@971 in the file bg1x11.tra.
    The English text in them was translated through Google Translate and proofread by me, but I am not a native speaker and this was a problem for me.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Or just file PRs against the repo, that's the beauty of GitHub. I mean, I've got a list of my own issues with this mod which I can slowly get to address (like rewriting the spell scrolls included to attempt detecting and reusing IWDification spells).
    To clarify, do the new quests and NPC content apply to BG1 NPC versions installed from other mods, like Lava's Skie?
    edited March 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    To clarify, do the new quests and NPC content apply to BG1 NPC versions installed from other mods, like Lava's Skie?
    Hello! In this case, only those quests that are not directly related to specific NPCs will be added - for example, quests from the Water Gardens will be in any case. Also, for example, Oswald Fiddlebender's quests from the "Tiax & Quayle" component will be installed, even if Lava's Quayle installed, but at the same time, Tiax from Smiling Imp is available (that is, the component itself is installed).

Where in the world are the BG1 NPCs that spawn with this mod? I want to add this info to my notes.

Thankee!
  • scheelescheele Member Posts: 41
    Romance with Shar-Teel for BG1 NPC in SoA&ToB

Hi!
    Will there be anyone willing to proofread a Shar-Teel romance? The romance is about 9,000 words in length and is currently being translated from Russian to English. Need to proofread the English text.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    scheele wrote: »
    Romance with Shar-Teel for BG1 NPC in SoA&ToB

Hi!
    Will there be anyone willing to proofread a Shar-Teel romance? The romance is about 9,000 words in length and is currently being translated from Russian to English. Need to proofread the English text.

Wow, that sounds quite promising to me as a fellow who romanced Shar Teel in BG1NPCs :)

Is that a separate mod that is meant to be compatible with BG1 NPC in SOA&TOB or a new addition to the latter?