Skip to content

[MOD] "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB"

123457»

Comments

• Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    edited November 2023
    + the new portrait will be optional. If you like the original portrait, then, of course, you can keep it.
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 38
    I'm digging Shar-Teel as a blonde. Is the alternate portrait available as an option within the mod as of yet? IF not, can you provide the file name of Shar-Teel's existing portrait image? I may try to replace it myself. Many thanks.
  • scheelescheele Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2023
    Hi, LawfulStupid.

All five Shar-Teel portraits will be available for setup:
    setup
    1. new portrait of Shar-Teel (blonde, slightly older)
    2. new portrait of Shar-Teel (non-canon brunette, younger, R>)
    3. new portrait of Shar-Teel (non-canon brunette, younger, M)
    4. new portrait of Shar-Teel (non-canon brunette, younger, L<)
    5. not to change the native portrait
    Post edited by scheele on
    Will be? Any ETA?
    image-1.png
    I installed this mod 4 days ago using (I believe) the most recent version and I didn't see an option to replace the Shar-Teel portrait. It's possible that I was using an older one, though. Is the updated portrait option available in the latest release?
    Will be? Any ETA?

My prognosis is for the first half of January, although I don't code this romance myself (my part is translation (ru-eng), plot, portraits, tracks). But, I repeat, my "prediction" is approximate. At the moment, 50% of the code is finished.
    edited December 2023
    I installed this mod 4 days ago using (I believe) the most recent version and I didn't see an option to replace the Shar-Teel portrait. It's possible that I was using an older one, though. Is the updated portrait option available in the latest release?
    In the latest version, it doesn't. But you can easily replace her portrait manually. (You need to convert this image to BMP.)
    zcqjm84xwloc.png

Yeah, I've been trying to play around with this, except I can't seem to find the file name of her original portrait so as to replace them. If you can let me know what the file names are called, that would be awesome.
    Yeah, I've been trying to play around with this, except I can't seem to find the file name of her original portrait so as to replace them. If you can let me know what the file names are called, that would be awesome.

SHARTELL
    SHARTELM
    SHARTELS
    210x330 169x266 54x84
    SHARTELL
    SHARTELM
    SHARTELS

Are these in the override folder? That is where I've found the portraits for Branwen, Alora, etc. but I never found .bmp files with these names.
    edited December 2023
    Create 3 portraits in Paint with the given sizes. Next, place them in the Portraits folder. Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Portraits. If there is no such folder, create one.
    Cheers!
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited January 29
    Hello I'm interested in the Garrick component, does this component start after the events he initially has at the temple district? Just wanted to be sure since it would be weird to see two Garricks running about.

Nevermind I should have read the readme better, that answered my question.

Yeslick, Branwen, Kagain, and Shar-Teel are intriguing since they never died in BG2 unlike some other BG1 characters, so I might add those into my playthrough next time.

The rest I'm probably gonna leave canonically dead during the BG2 Events (except Skie which I'm gonna use Lava's mod for since that SoD plot really left that dangling), but I do feel bad for Ajantis.

Also is the Quayle & Tiax separate components or both these gnomes packaged together? Personally want to keep Tiax's fate canonically intact (don't care for that crazy gnome lol).

edited January 30
    Kaliesto wrote: »
    Yeslick, Branwen, Kagain, and Shar-Teel are intriguing since they never died in BG2 unlike some other BG1 characters, so I might add those into my playthrough next time.

Also is the Quayle & Tiax separate components or both these gnomes packaged together? Personally want to keep Tiax's fate canonically intact (don't care for that crazy gnome lol).
    Hello!
    Regarding Shar-Teel - she has a lot of text here, and there will be even more soon (I'm currently coding a romance with her, written by Scheele, this will be added in the next version).

Tiax and Quayle are included in one component, but at the same time they can be taken into the party separately; they do not depend on each other in any way. If you don't want to take Tiax into your party, you don't have to talk to him at the Promenade.

P.S. For my part, I can say that Tiax here is very well made, voiced and VERY funny :)
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Three questions:

1) Are there any npc that have to be taken inside Spellhold dungeon? Nowadays I use "Skip Chateau Irenicus" because I hate with passion the dungeon after having played it so much.

2) I'm playing a good charname. Suggestion on which Npcs to take from SoA to ToB.

3) I'm playing an evil charname. Suggestion on which npcs to take from SoA to ToB.

edited March 3
    Hello!
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Three questions:

1) Are there any npc that have to be taken inside Spellhold dungeon? Nowadays I use "Skip Chateau Irenicus" because I hate with passion the dungeon after having played it so much.

2) I'm playing a good charname. Suggestion on which Npcs to take from SoA to ToB.

3) I'm playing an evil charname. Suggestion on which npcs to take from SoA to ToB.
    1) No, none of the NPCs require visiting Irenicus's dungeon. :)

2) For a good charname, I would recommend taking Garrick into the party (especially if you plan to also take Nalia, they have a very kind romance). You can also take Tiax - although he does not formally have a good alignment, he is very funny and is not at all perceived as an evil character, rather he causes laughter.
    These two NPCs have a lot of text. Ajantis, Branwen and Yeslick are also good here, but they have less text.

3) For a evil charname I would advise taking Xzar (you can have him separately from Montaron or both together). You can also help Faldorn organize a blockade of Trademeet, which will cause a lot of comments from city residents later. This would be a very evil solution to the city's problem. After that you don’t have to take Faldorn into the group if you don’t want to.

P.S. Shar-Teel, Tiax, Coran and Safana are good choices for neutral alignment characters.

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    A possible bug report for this mod…

In saves after visiting the Water Gardens when attempting to rest the game would ‘hang’. Using Ctrl + R on all characters before resting or just not visiting the Water Gardens would prevent this problem. Some of the npc chatter from the Water Gardens would pop up on awakening in the Crooked Crane etc. so possibly that was the cause.
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    A possible bug report for this mod…

In saves after visiting the Water Gardens when attempting to rest the game would ‘hang’. Using Ctrl + R on all characters before resting or just not visiting the Water Gardens would prevent this problem. Some of the npc chatter from the Water Gardens would pop up on awakening in the Crooked Crane etc. so possibly that was the cause.

Hello! Thank you! No one has reported this issue before, so I need a little more information to verify this. What kind of dialogue appeared in Crooked Crane? Have you reinstalled the mod before? Such confusion in the texts often happens when the mod was installed and incorrectly (not completely) removed before starting the game.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    scheele wrote: »
    Will be? Any ETA?

My prognosis is for the first half of January, although I don't code this romance myself (my part is translation (ru-eng), plot, portraits, tracks). But, I repeat, my "prediction" is approximate. At the moment, 50% of the code is finished.

Any news about Shar Teel's mod? Is there already a beta or alpha ready?
    edited March 22
    Mothor wrote: »
    Any news about Shar Teel's mod? Is there already a beta or alpha ready?

Hello! The Shar-Teel romance written by Scheele (which will be included in the Shar-Teel component) is still in the process of finishing the coding. I have completely coded the SoA part, and at the moment I just need to add some texts to the ToB part and finish the code, and then test the result from beginning to end. Therefore, it is difficult to name the exact release date, but I hope to finish everything in a couple of months. Unfortunately, in recent years I have had a hard time finding time for modding, due to important life changes and the need to devote more time to my family.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    After a bit more experimentation it seems that this mod may not be the cause. Some other effect that needs to be cleared with Ctrl + R before resting is being applied, which is bad news for my no reload run. Sorry for the probable false alarm.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Please, add an intermod content between this mod and heroes thieves and moneylanders.

For the auction, why don't you make
    it so that the dragon mother was actually enslaved and now is bid to auction? It would be actually really cool to have such a living being "enslaved" only to result in her being killed for his scales and meat, or being fred to help the poor dragonson he has
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Please, add an intermod content between this mod and heroes thieves and moneylanders.

For the auction, why don't you make
    it so that the dragon mother was actually enslaved and now is bid to auction? It would be actually really cool to have such a living being "enslaved" only to result in her being killed for his scales and meat, or being fred to help the poor dragonson he has
    Hello! Thanks, that's a good idea and it would be great to expand on the story with that little dragon from HTaM. Unfortunately, I won't be able to find time to add this in the coming years, for the reason I wrote about above. However, I will save this idea for a possible future expansion of the mod)