Skip to content

[HOW TO] Install mods on iOS devices (NO Jailbreak)

1101112131416»

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    L3onidas wrote: »
    Hi @_Luke_ can you confirm if widescreen mod or some other visual mod works on iPads?

I am tired of black bars / empty space on the screen. (Ipad mini 2021)

Massive thanks

I've never tried installing such mods, especially because I think they're designed for the classic (non-enhanced) games...
    I fear that you need to wait for the next official update (which is supposed to add support for the newer iPads / iPhones...)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited June 2023
    I am spinning my wheels a bit here and hope someone can help me out. I have extracted the BG2 data using Imazing and have the .plist file in the payload folder, but I have no way to extract the contents and the example it gives only applies to the mac version. I am using Windows. Any tips?

edit: Well, thankfully, I was able to use the folders in my windows version of the game, which was already modded, and those worked to install it into the ipad version of both games. So I guess that settles that.
    Post edited by WarChiefZeke on
    I sure hope it helped, since I wouldn’t know any solutions for your problem, and I think Luke is on a histus or something….
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    For anyone else using the "email files to yourself" method on a modern Ipad, the naming convention is the "override.bg1data/bg2data" and "lang.bg1/2data" for the BG games and "mod.iwdoverride" and "lang.iwdoverrride" for the IWD games.

Now I have all the EE games fully modded and running on my Ipad and i'm quite happy about it.
  • TalTal Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2023
    For anyone else using the "email files to yourself" method on a modern Ipad, the naming convention is the "override.bg1data/bg2data" and "lang.bg1/2data" for the BG games and "mod.iwdoverride" and "lang.iwdoverrride" for the IWD games.

Now I have all the EE games fully modded and running on my Ipad and i'm quite happy about it.

It doesn't seems to work for the lang part. I can "install" it in IWD on iOS but I dont see new lines in game. I was checking IWD NPC mod
    Tal wrote: »

It doesn't seems to work for the lang part. I can "install" it in IWD on iOS but I dont see new lines in game. I was checking IWD NPC mod

sadly the 2.4 version of IWD:ee has that problem. You cant mod that game until an update is released. ETA is sadly unknown
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    edited January 13
    Is there any way to mod without a computer? Maybe even through some sideload magic?
    edited January 13
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    Is there any way to mod without a computer? Maybe even through some sideload magic?

not that I know of. You have to installere the mods some way, and you some way of processing the mod installation. Sadly
    @StummvonBordwehr Will any pre-made mod pack work? Like if someone made a mod pack for somebody on Android (or PC) could i put that in the .ipa and have it work?
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    @StummvonBordwehr Will any pre-made mod pack work? Like if someone made a mod pack for somebody on Android (or PC) could i put that in the .ipa and have it work?
    @Allanon81
    That should work. If

1) the “mod maker” has the same iOS version of the game, that you use,
    2) install the mods correctly on the unpacked iOS game and
    3) send you the overriide and lang folder - zipped the proper way.

I think the Android people has some mod saints, that do the above some times. But I dont think anybody does that for the iOS people. I cant even mod right now, but would love if any would volunteer and help out.
    edited January 19
    @StummvonBordwehr Why would somebody need the same version of ios (or do you just mean version of BGEE)?
    @Allanon81
    sorry, I was unclear. You need the same version of BG:ee or BG2:ee. The iOS version does not need to be the same.